For this vote, please either A.) declare your vote in the replies to this thread, or B.) PM your vote to me if you wish to keep your vote anonymous. (In that case, I will record your vote, but will not reveal its effect until the voting is done. You may change your vote at any time up until the vote is declared final, using either of these methods. If anonymous votes are questioned, TheZenador will confirm them privately).
Rule Change Proposal:
Official proposal: that we eliminate the (currently unstated) rule requiring players traded during the off-season to be kept by their new owners. This rule would go into effect AFTER the current offseason (e.g. after 2011 keepers are locked in).
- Managers have been forced to keep certain players and drop others through unforeseeable circumstances
- Managers should take responsibility for the risks of acquiring talent they will just be throwing away.
- This will create more options for trades, not less, as people will be able to make moves without being forced to explore ALL other options first (literally impossible).
- It is relatively simple to warn new managers about the ramifications of unbalanced trades during the keeper redistribution draft. We should make that part of each year's new draft.
- there is no overhead... we're just removing a rule, so there's no enforcing required. The rule will simply no longer be in effect once the preseason is over.
14 votes for, 0 votes against (14 votes required for passage by 2/3 majority)
0 anonymous votes, 6 not yet voted (non-votes count as 'no' votes at final tally)
KingCorran - voted FOR
55panhead - voted FOR
Idabo24663mariner - voted FOR
DocMilo - voted FOR
jaybo24663 - voted FOR
Bautista - voted FOR
phredmojo - voted FOR
CrustyJuggler - voted FOR
hdboc - voted FOR
MarinerPride - voted FOR
Hotwheelz - voted FOR
Cbo24663 - voted FOR
IowaIsNotIdaho - voted FOR
TheZenador - voted FOR