If it's going to be ESPN to choose, it'll most definitely be Junior. By the fans' choice, it's a tough call for me between Edgar and Junior.
For Junior, there are a lot of really good points.
1. First Mariners player into the Hall
2. Best player in MLB history while in a Mariners uniform
3. The reason he was voted in with the highest percentage in history: He just had that persona which drew EVERYONE'S attention.
Edgar for his part, has demonstrated the following:
1. He has been connected to Mariner baseball and Mariners fans for nearly 30 years now.
1b/2. Kids who would have been born after his retirement can still see him in a Mariners uniform and connected to their generation, even though he's the teacher/ coach of their favorite players and not one of them himself.
3. He was just as great a player to Mariner-dom as Junior, but because he isn't the obvious ESPN pick, he deserves the extra recognition
The M's 2016 first round pick and the 11th Overall is the system's top prospect and has several accolades to his name. Even though he is currently out of commission recovering from injury, he still has a whole bunch of potential.
This Rule 5-acquired first baseman just might be the M's best player at the position. I'm betting on it! He's never walked less than he's K'd and he just flashed some serious power in his first taste of AAA. He just needed a position and there happens to be one available in the Emerald City.
Gone, but not forgotten AAPs:
So long, fellas. I hope that all of you do well in your future endeavors. Perhaps you can tap into the potential seen in the M's system and have success elsewhere in the baseball world. Just... not against the M's, OK?