Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hot Stove League

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Pitchin_Fool

Pitchin_Fool

Not just any fool...

• Home Run Boosters
  • 745 posts

I too would like to think the M's have a shot at Ohtani but, The $20mm posting fee is a lot to pay up front just to have a chance to approach the kid. Then there is the question of how much international slot money the M's have and if it is enough to make a run at Ohtani.

I need to do some research on this whole subject and then come back in here and post for better discussion. I'll work on that.

Given our overall pitching situation I was not real pleased to give up Pagan. He was accountable coming out of the pen and was very useful and productive during the season. 

After some time to digest the move I realized we need a first baseman as well. I can see where Dipoto is comfortable with the depth of our pen so overall I understand the move.

Also, as we well know, Jerry is big on team control. Healy is arbitration eligible in 2020 and won't be a free agent until 2023. Cheap and controllable, right up Jerry's alley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users