Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Something Else To Be Concerned About For Kyle Lewis

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mesully

mesully
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Knee still not right!

http://sports.mynort...na-fall-league/

Pitchin_Fool

Pitchin_Fool

Not just any fool...

• Home Run Boosters
  • 777 posts

This is not good. I wonder if he'll ever be 100% again. Physically and mentally.

Thanks for the update.

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 1,229 posts
It seems to me that they were just being cautious in this case -- though rightfully so. Hopefully, he is able to return back to 100%.

That said, there is indeed always proper concern with players coming back from such a horrible injury. All three of the major tearable parts of his knee gone in a slide to home? That's one of the worst I've come across.

And, as a Mariners fan, I've watched Junior's "Spiderman" catch, Carlos Guillen have his ACL torn in a pickle play and Chris Snelling collapse in a heap rounding third.

None of those tore three major ligaments in one shot, though.

AAPs:

Kyle Lewis

The M's 2016 first round pick and the 11th Overall is the system's top prospect and has several accolades to his name.  Even though he is currently out of commission recovering from injury, he still has a whole bunch of potential.

Mike Ford

This Rule 5-acquired first baseman just might be the M's best player at the position.  I'm betting on it!  He's never walked less than he's K'd and he just flashed some serious power in his first taste of AAA.  He just needed a position and there happens to be one available in the Emerald City.

Gone, but not forgotten AAPs:
Nick Franklin

Brad Miller

Roenis Elias

Joe Wieland

'Boog' Powell

So long, fellas.  I hope that all of you do well in your future endeavors.  Perhaps you can tap into the potential seen in the M's system and have success elsewhere in the baseball world.  Just... not against the M's, OK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users