Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Something Else To Be Concerned About For Kyle Lewis

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mesully

mesully
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Knee still not right!

http://sports.mynort...na-fall-league/

Pitchin_Fool

Pitchin_Fool

Not just any fool...

• Home Run Boosters
  • 745 posts

This is not good. I wonder if he'll ever be 100% again. Physically and mentally.

Thanks for the update.

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 1,185 posts
It seems to me that they were just being cautious in this case -- though rightfully so. Hopefully, he is able to return back to 100%.

That said, there is indeed always proper concern with players coming back from such a horrible injury. All three of the major tearable parts of his knee gone in a slide to home? That's one of the worst I've come across.

And, as a Mariners fan, I've watched Junior's "Spiderman" catch, Carlos Guillen have his ACL torn in a pickle play and Chris Snelling collapse in a heap rounding third.

None of those tore three major ligaments in one shot, though.

AAPs:

Herschel Mack Just call me 'Boog' Powell IV has just been promoted to The Show for the first time and is hoping to stick around for a couple dozen years or so.

Joe Snake Eyes Wieland has been a mid-K, super-low-BB, Groundball machine in the minors and has a ~90 mph FB.  With his potential for masterful zone control, he's looking like the textbook Dipoto-type SP.

Gone, but not forgotten AAPs:
Nick Franklin

Brad Miller

Roenis Elias

Something horrible happened to Franklin and Elias.  Franklin was as sexy a blue-chipper as the M's have seen in a while, but it never materialized.  Elias was a bulldog with lots of Moxy, but fell off.  Miller, after looking like he'll never stick at SS or learn the OF, is forcing the Rays to play him somewhere because of his bat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users