Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Felix Slated To Start Friday

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Which I think means Bergman is the odd man out.....Gallardo keeps a spot despite the 2nd worst ERA in the AL among qualified....

I mean I get it,  we can put Berg down, and probably Gaviglio when Kuma returns and keep them.  If we were to bump Gallardo we'd have to cut him. And with this teams recent history with injuries, we need arms.... Cause thats really all GAllardos done well this year,   be available.....

MarinersMoose

MarinersMoose

Alces Marinus

• Members
  • 569 posts

I think they should move Gallardo to the bullpen as "long relief" to avoid DFAing him but still not sending him out there once every 5 days to stink it up.  He could come in if we are way behind or way ahead (we have been having a lot of football scores lately anyway)... never if the game is within 3 runs - and if the tying run gets on deck then give him the hook.

My Adopt-A-Players:

Mayckol Guaipe - RHP, Tacoma Raniers Seattle Mariners DFA'd to Tacoma Raniers (not on the 40 man roster but still in the organization... I think)

Former Adopt-A-Player:

Ketel Marte - Traded to the Diamondbacks, along with another player, for Jean Segura, Mitch Haniger, and Zac Curtis

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 10,296 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.

I think they should move Gallardo to the bullpen as "long relief" to avoid DFAing him but still not sending him out there once every 5 days to stink it up.  He could come in if we are way behind or way ahead (we have been having a lot of football scores lately anyway)... never if the game is within 3 runs - and if the tying run gets on deck then give him the hook.

Agreed, use Gallardo as the mop-up guy, enough of his 5-run first innings....

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 1,163 posts
I'm with you guys. Keeping Gallardo over Bergman is purely roster dynamics.

I guess they follow that for a couple more rotations through to see how productive The King and Stone Bear are. After that, unless Gallardo has coincidentally turned it around, he'll be demoted to MR or AAA.

I don't like the move, but it does help the team their bets a lot better.

AAPs:

Herschel Mack Just call me 'Boog' Powell IV has just been promoted to The Show for the first time and is hoping to stick around for a couple dozen years or so.

Joe Snake Eyes Wieland has been a mid-K, super-low-BB, Groundball machine in the minors and has a ~90 mph FB.  With his potential for masterful zone control, he's looking like the textbook Dipoto-type SP.

Gone, but not forgotten AAPs:
Nick Franklin

Brad Miller

Roenis Elias

Something horrible happened to Franklin and Elias.  Franklin was as sexy a blue-chipper as the M's have seen in a while, but it never materialized.  Elias was a bulldog with lots of Moxy, but fell off.  Miller, after looking like he'll never stick at SS or learn the OF, is forcing the Rays to play him somewhere because of his bat.

DannyCore

DannyCore
  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Seattle Sports Scene, Fishing, xbox 360, outdoors stuff, nachos.

Hopefully in a couple weeks Smyly comes back. Then the real question should be between Gallardo and Miranda. As the 5th starter. That's hopefully when Gallardo's leash gets pulled.

"If you can see me, then the end is near." The Great Dannycore states a fact. Do not compete with him, because he has already won.

Official Bring Back Arod petition:
1.Dannycore
2.KingCorran

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Hopefully in a couple weeks Smyly comes back. Then the real question should be between Gallardo and Miranda. As the 5th starter. That's hopefully when Gallardo's leash gets pulled.

This I don't think is a question.  Miranda stepped up and saved our bottoms so far this season.  While yes Gallardo has stayed healthy,  And I feel the need to keep pointing to that.  Because he's the only one of the original rotation to make his start every 5th day.

I agree with you guys,  we can't cut him yet,  with how snake bitten this team has been,  gotta see some sustained health first. 

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Moderators
  • 5,763 posts

I think we need to see more than just sustained health. We need to see them be effective as well.

I had a lot of questions regarding the starting rotation before the season started. Paxton's durability, Iwakuma's age. Felix's decline in fastball speed. The "big guns" are finally coming back, but I still have those same questions.

Seeing Iwakuma get rocked in AAA last night doesn't help those concerns.

Adopt-a-Players: NONE

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):

Forrest Snow - Signed a minor league deal with the Brewers. Currently has a bad case of the Biloxi Blues.

Alex Jackson - Traded to Atlanta after underwhelming in A ball. Looking much better in their system.
Eric Thames - After dominating in Korea, now playing for the Brewers and hitting .309/.437/.662/1.099.
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball. Now sells cigars.
Mike Morse - Playing for the SF Giants and struggling. Looks like time has caught up with him.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a national scout for the Cards.

Updated: 03/03/2017

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 82 posts

I think we need to see more than just sustained health. We need to see them be effective as well.

I had a lot of questions regarding the starting rotation before the season started. Paxton's durability, Iwakuma's age. Felix's decline in fastball speed. The "big guns" are finally coming back, but I still have those same questions.

Seeing Iwakuma get rocked in AAA last night doesn't help those concerns.

Meh I don't really care about the results in AAA.  Just that he feels good and is able to recover like normal. 

DannyCore

DannyCore
  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Seattle Sports Scene, Fishing, xbox 360, outdoors stuff, nachos.

Meh I don't really care about the results in AAA.  Just that he feels good and is able to recover like normal. 

... He felt... Uncomfortable... Yuk

"If you can see me, then the end is near." The Great Dannycore states a fact. Do not compete with him, because he has already won.

Official Bring Back Arod petition:
1.Dannycore
2.KingCorran

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Members
  • 10,164 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
Hot Weather is what he needs, Kuma
Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Peterson ~ Tacoma. Rainiers - Last 11 games: ( .359/.444/.590/1,034)
 Luis Liberato ~ Modesto Nuts - 23 GM's (.298/.344/.452/.796)
Victor Sanchez ~ RIP
Greg Halman ~ RIP  

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 82 posts

... He felt... Uncomfortable... Yuk

Just saw his next rehab start was pushed and he was only hitting 84 on the gun.... ruh roh.

mesully

mesully
  • Members
  • 444 posts
Gallardo to the pen for long relief.
http://sports.mynort...t-the-rotation/

Sam Carlson signed. You have to go to the Mariners moves part.
http://sports.mynort...in-over-tigers/

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 10,296 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.

Good decision.

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 1,163 posts

Gallardo to the pen for long relief.
http://sports.mynort...t-the-rotation/

Sam Carlson signed. You have to go to the Mariners moves part.
http://sports.mynort...in-over-tigers/

And Moore called up to slot in his place.

Things make a little more sense now.

AAPs:

Herschel Mack Just call me 'Boog' Powell IV has just been promoted to The Show for the first time and is hoping to stick around for a couple dozen years or so.

Joe Snake Eyes Wieland has been a mid-K, super-low-BB, Groundball machine in the minors and has a ~90 mph FB.  With his potential for masterful zone control, he's looking like the textbook Dipoto-type SP.

Gone, but not forgotten AAPs:
Nick Franklin

Brad Miller

Roenis Elias

Something horrible happened to Franklin and Elias.  Franklin was as sexy a blue-chipper as the M's have seen in a while, but it never materialized.  Elias was a bulldog with lots of Moxy, but fell off.  Miller, after looking like he'll never stick at SS or learn the OF, is forcing the Rays to play him somewhere because of his bat.

Pitchin_Fool

Pitchin_Fool

Not just any fool...

• Home Run Boosters
  • 678 posts

Yes it does. Thanks Dag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users