Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cano Gonna Hit The Dl?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 104 posts

I figure todays the day to #@$ or get off the pot.  With the new 10 day dl.  We can retro active him what last Wednesday?  Man speaking of which,  he left the game early on Tues....then immediately came back in on the get away early game.  Played,  went 4-4 but hasn't played since.....couldn't believe they played him.....

back on point.  If he's not back today, you gotta dl him and bring someone up to the 25 man right?  Even is he just needs another day or two.  Rest him until fri or sat whenever he could come off. 

Edited by gowazzu02, 15 May 2017 - 10:56 AM.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 10,477 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.

I figure todays the day to #@$ or get off the pot.  With the new 10 day dl.  We can retro active him what last Wednesday?  Man speaking of which,  he left the game early on Tues....then immediately came back in on the get away early game.  Played,  went 4-4 but hasn't played since.....couldn't believe they played him.....

back on point.  If he's not back today, you gotta dl him and bring someone up to the 25 man right?  Even is he just needs another day or two.  Rest him until fri or sat whenever he could come off. 

Did you see what this team accomplish this last weekend without him?

While I agree with you that if he can't play we need someone else to use his spot, perhaps another pitcher might be the option.

But if he can play already he needs to be in the lineup.  It was just an awful weekend at Canada watching our guys fail and fail to drive in the many runners we had on base.  It was not that we didn't have opportunities, it was a matter of bringing them up.

And what's with Haniger?  And Paxton?  And Kuma?

I thought they said that we were having many of them back for the homestand.  I heard that Félix suffered a set back, but what about the others?

Seattle Mariners, playing lousy baseball for 16 years in a row (and counting)...

anunderwaterguy

anunderwaterguy
  • Members
  • 498 posts

I thought they said that we were having many of them back for the homestand.  I heard that Félix suffered a set back, but what about the others?

If you read between the lines of the reports it's always a bit hazy on when they'll come back. Lots of talk about them "doing pretty well" but it seems to me they're thinking about Haniger and Paxton coming back around the end of this month - not this week, maybe the week after, but possibly the week after that.

Who knows when Felix is coming back - mid-June at best?

The Seattle Mariners: "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport."

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 104 posts

While I agree with you that if he can't play we need someone else to use his spot, perhaps another pitcher might be the option.

But if he can play already he needs to be in the lineup.  It was just an awful weekend at Canada watching our guys fail and fail to drive in the many runners we had on base.  It was not that we didn't have opportunities, it was a matter of bringing them up.

Thank goodness I was busy this weekend and didn't see much of the games.  But I will say, offense wasn't as good as it looked in Philly, and not as bad as it looked in Toronto.

Hopefully they win tonight and we'll feel alot better tomorrow.

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 11,054 posts

I heard Paxton and Haniger are progressing and Kuma is not. Kuma is likely out 4 to 6 weeks?

Adoptee:
Chase DeJong SP Tacoma

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 10,477 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.

Now I read that they say they expect Haniger for the next road trip.  So according to the logic they have using lately, this means that by early June he'll be back.

http://m.mariners.ml...turn-next-week/

Seattle Mariners, playing lousy baseball for 16 years in a row (and counting)...

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Moderators
  • 5,794 posts
Yep. Retroactive to the 13th. Boog back up.

Adopt-a-Players:

Evan White - 1B drafted out of Kentucky. Hit .277/.345/.532/.877 for the AquaSox in 2017

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):

Forrest Snow - Posted a 3.83 ERA between AA and AAA this season. His playing career is probably winding to a close.

Alex Jackson - Traded to Atlanta, moved back to catcher and hit .267/.328/.480/.808 between High-A and AA
Eric Thames - Hit .247/.359/.518/.877 for the Brewers and really needs a shave.
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball. Now sells cigars.
Mike Morse - Back with the SF Giants but hasn't played since May due to injuries. Looks like time has caught up with him.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a national scout for the Cards.

Updated: Dec 2017

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 10,477 posts

Bummer....

gowazzu02

gowazzu02
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Yep. Retroactive to the 13th. Boog back up.

And there we go.  Surprised it's only to the 13th?  He hasn't played since 9th..... Quad injury worse then let on?

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 1,202 posts

I'm hoping that the lack of offense during the Toronto series was either random coincidence or something guys like Cruz, Seager and Segura just needed to adjust to.  There was more than one game during there that they just would not give anything hittable to Cruz.  Thankfully, Seager has started to get his power stroke, so that's helped.

The Oakland series seems to indicate one of those two.

Edited by Dag Gummit, 18 May 2017 - 12:09 PM.

AAPs:

Kyle Lewis

The M's 2016 first round pick and the 11th Overall is the system's top prospect and has several accolades to his name.  Even though he is currently out of commission recovering from injury, he still has a whole bunch of potential.

Mike Ford

This Rule 5-acquired first baseman just might be the M's best player at the position.  I'm betting on it!  He's never walked less than he's K'd and he just flashed some serious power in his first taste of AAA.  He just needed a position and there happens to be one available in the Emerald City.

Gone, but not forgotten AAPs:
Nick Franklin

Brad Miller

Roenis Elias

Joe Wieland

'Boog' Powell

So long, fellas.  I hope that all of you do well in your future endeavors.  Perhaps you can tap into the potential seen in the M's system and have success elsewhere in the baseball world.  Just... not against the M's, OK?

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Members
  • 10,406 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
A steady diet of change ups and breaking ball on tap for the M's until they show they can hit them...

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Peterson ~ w/ the AAA Charlotte Knights of the CHI AL system

Luis Liberato ~ Modesto Nuts -
Wyatt Mills ~ Appeared in seven games freshman at Gonzaga, 12 innings, 3.65 era. As a sophomore, 19.1 innings, with a 2.79 era, K'ed 38 batters in 37 innings as a jr. in 22 appearances, pitched four scoreless at UW March 28th., As a Senior, went 2-2 with a 1.79 ERA in 40.1 innings of work: 58/4 K/BB,pitched final 3.2 innings May 20 versus BYU, fanning five to help GU clinch share of regular season conference title. At Everett, had a 0.67 whip vs RH and a 0.23 whip vs RH at Clinton.. 20 innings combined at Everett and Clinton to go with the 40 as a a Senior at Gonzaga..

https://cdn.vox-cdn....Gonzaga_1.0.jpg

Victor Sanchez ~ RIP

Greg Halman ~ RIP  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users