Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Adopt-A-Player Listing 2016

8th year!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 12,162 posts
  • Interests:Guns and Alcohol... Just not at the same time!

Seeing as how there has been a moderate amount of interest in the AAP program, I think that it is about time to start a new thread.  Here's the current listing of Adopters and Adoptees:

Huindekmi - Forrest Snow and Alex  Jackson
MtGrizzly - Tyler Marlette
Jpax - Leon "Neon" Landry, Austin Wilson and Tyler Pike
Lonnie - 
Lakay - Jharmidy De Jesus and Julio Morban
Vidya - 
Sandy - Raleigh - Stefen Romero, Dario Pizzano, Jabari Henry, and Jabari Blash
senior octobre - Luis Liberato, and Dayner Moreira 

Jokestar - Timmy Lope, Shawn O'Malley, and Joseph DeCarlo
topher65 - Carlton Tanabe and Keanu (Christian Carmichael)
DocMilo - Anthony Fernandez
seafarer - Chris Taylor and Danny Hultzen
Bat571 - Dylan "Sharkie" Unsworth, Anthony Phillips, and Luis Gohara
6-pak-abs - Justin Seager and Tyler Olson

Voyager42 - Dae Ho Lee, Andrew Moore, Braden Bishop, and Paul Fry
KyleH35 - Edwin Diaz, Ty Kelly and Tyler O'Neil
mesully - Gareth Morgan and Austin Cousino
MarinersMoose - Ketel Marte and Mayckol Guaipe
Tacoma Rain - Ryan Yarbrough and Nick Neidert

Dag Gummit - Herschel Mack "Just call me 'Boog'" Powell IV and Joe Wieland

I went through the list and removed players who have moved on.  Looks like Vidya and I are in the market for some fresh meat....

My Adopt-A-Players:
Tyler Smith

Gianfranco Wawoe

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 12,162 posts

I went through the list and removed players who have moved on.  Looks like Vidya and I are in the market for some fresh meat....

Speaking of which, I hereby adopt Jio Orozco.  A couple of weeks ago when I chatted with Rich Dorman, he said he was excited for this season because of the young talent that my come through Clinton, and he called out Orozco in particular.  Everywhere Orozco goes this year he will be one of, if not the youngest player at each level.  Last year in the rookie developmental AZL he was 3.3 years younger than the average player.

My Adopt-A-Players:
Tyler Smith

Gianfranco Wawoe

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 11,054 posts

Can I drop Fernandez and add Drew Jackson?

Adoptee:
Chase DeJong SP Tacoma

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 12,162 posts

Can I drop Fernandez and add Drew Jackson?

Yup!

My Adopt-A-Players:
Tyler Smith

Gianfranco Wawoe

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 12,162 posts

As can be seen in my sig, I have adopted Jio Orozco, Tyler Smith, and Gianfranco Wawoe.  I do hereby swear to cherish and nurture my wee adoptees right up until the time they no longer need me...  Or start to suck smile.png

My Adopt-A-Players:
Tyler Smith

Gianfranco Wawoe

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Members
  • 10,426 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
I have DJ Petterson, who is at Jackson, again. :)

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

Tom Wilhelmsen ~ Zona or Brew Crew ?
Mike Zunino ~ w/ the big club
DJ Peterson ~ w/ the AAA Charlotte Knights of the CHI AL system 

Luis Liberato ~ Modesto Nuts -  68 games at Modesto in 2017: 257 ab, 41 r, 66 h, 11 2b, 5 3b, 8 hr.
Wyatt Mills ~ Everett & Clinton in 2017. 58/4 K/BB (2 IBB) Senior year w/ Zags
https://cdn.vox-cdn....Gonzaga_1.0.jpg  

http://m.milb.com/player/670090

Victor Sanchez ~ RIP
Greg Halman ~ RIP  

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 11,054 posts
Drew got the quuck promo to Bakersfield. Skipping Clinton. There isn't a true SS in Jackson, either so I'm ready for a mid-season graduation party.
Adoptee:
Chase DeJong SP Tacoma

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Moderators
  • 5,794 posts

My AAPlayers are looking a little bleak this year.

Forrest Snow went down to Spring Training, and by all reports, trained. For a while at least. Despite being a AAA all-star last season, he's not listed on Tacoma's roster. Or Jackson. Or Bakersfield. Or extended ST in Peoria. Or on any injury report. It looks like his baseball career may have come to an end. Unless he heads off to an indy league or something. Either way, it doesn't appear that he's in the Mariner's system any more.

Alex Jackson, however, is still with the Mariners and is being given every chance to prove that he was worth that first round selection. But his skills are... um... not developing. He's been held back for extended spring training and will be sent to Short-season A ball (again) to compete with this years draft signings. He's still young, but he'll need to show something this season.

Looks like I'll be in the market for another AAP after the draft.

Adopt-a-Players:

Evan White - 1B drafted out of Kentucky. Hit .277/.345/.532/.877 for the AquaSox in 2017

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):

Forrest Snow - Posted a 3.83 ERA between AA and AAA this season. His playing career is probably winding to a close.

Alex Jackson - Traded to Atlanta, moved back to catcher and hit .267/.328/.480/.808 between High-A and AA
Eric Thames - Hit .247/.359/.518/.877 for the Brewers and really needs a shave.
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball. Now sells cigars.
Mike Morse - Back with the SF Giants but hasn't played since May due to injuries. Looks like time has caught up with him.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a national scout for the Cards.

Updated: Dec 2017

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Members
  • 10,426 posts
http://www.scout.com...-league-rosters

Luis Liberato ~ Modesto Nuts -  68 games at Modesto in 2017: 257 ab, 41 r, 66 h, 11 2b, 5 3b, 8 hr.

Victor Sanchez ~ RIP
Greg Halman ~ RIP  

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 13,044 posts

Great link! Unfortunately we still don't know where Snow went, but there's a lot there, and I want to discuss it in another thread. I couldn't find anything on him through Google, but he does have a twitter account.

Adopt-A-Players:

TBD.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 13,044 posts

I've been really busy this Spring, but I generally like to see the players before picking my AAP's. It didn't take long for most of my favorite position players to get picked, but I have one left, outfielder Daniel Robertson. Of course, my favorite guy in the BP, Guaipe is also gone, but we have a lot of new pitchers and I'm going with closer Blake Parker and starter Adrian Sampson. Both are off to good starts.

HINT: Cody Martin is still available. With a name like that I'm surprised he hasn't been picked yet. He pitched very well last night, when both starters went five innings without giving up a hit.

Adopt-A-Players:

TBD.

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Moderators
  • 5,794 posts

Great link! Unfortunately we still don't know where Snow went, but there's a lot there, and I want to discuss it in another thread. I couldn't find anything on him through Google, but he does have a twitter account.

Yes, he has a twitter account, but doesn't use it much. The last tweet he sent out was a little over a week ago "Every setback is a set up for a comeback."

Doesn't sound too promising. Either he's injured and staying in Arizona, or released and looking for another shot elsewhere.

Adopt-a-Players:

Evan White - 1B drafted out of Kentucky. Hit .277/.345/.532/.877 for the AquaSox in 2017

Forrest Snow - Posted a 3.83 ERA between AA and AAA this season. His playing career is probably winding to a close.

Alex Jackson - Traded to Atlanta, moved back to catcher and hit .267/.328/.480/.808 between High-A and AA
Mike Morse - Back with the SF Giants but hasn't played since May due to injuries. Looks like time has caught up with him.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a national scout for the Cards.

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 12,162 posts

Yes, he has a twitter account, but doesn't use it much. The last tweet he sent out was a little over a week ago "Every setback is a set up for a comeback."

Doesn't sound too promising. Either he's injured and staying in Arizona, or released and looking for another shot elsewhere.

Word I got (about a month ago) is that Snow is injured and staying in Peoria to rehab.  I believe an injured player cannot be released.

My Adopt-A-Players:
Tyler Smith

Gianfranco Wawoe

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Members
  • 10,426 posts

Snow sent to Jackson

Victor Sanchez ~ RIP
Greg Halman ~ RIP  

Tacoma Rain

Tacoma Rain
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Lonnie... I'd like to prop up and show off another kid if possible.

Can I get Joe Rizzo or Christopher Torres or both as an addition to my Adopt-a-Player?

Adopt-a-players:

Joe Rizzo

​3B/OF/DH, Bats L - Throws - R, 5'9" 195 lbs., born 3/31/98, Selected in 2nd round of 2016 directly out of high school

​Currently rated BEST PURE Mariner hitting prospect in farm system by MLB.com... Currently ranked #8 Mariner Prospect.

​In 2017, Played with A & A+ levels, where he had .251/.349/.344/.693 in 115 games

​Skills: Great contact skills, great baseball IQ and makeup, very strong hands & wrists, very quick bat, defense will always be an issue wherever he plays 

Former Adopt-a-player:

Ryan Yarbrough - Starting LHP - Traded to Tampa for Drew Smyly

Chris Torres - SS - Traded to Miami for D. Gordon

Nick Neidert - Starting RHP - Traded for D. Gordon

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 11,054 posts

I would like to add Kevin Gadea SP.

Adoptee:
Chase DeJong SP Tacoma

Jpax

Jpax
  • Members
  • 660 posts

And I would like to pick up Eric Filia, OF

Adopt-a-player #1: Tyler Pike - Excellent start to his career in the AZL and Clinton, Speed Bump in 2014 AND 2015

Adopt-a-player #2:  Austin Wilson - The "Stanford Steamer", Ready to Breakout!  Any Day Now!  Yup, any day now, yessiree, any day now!

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 11,054 posts

I will adopt Chase DeJong. More like a foster child because he won't be here long. :D

Adoptee:
Chase DeJong SP Tacoma

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Moderators
  • 5,794 posts

I find myself fresh out of Adoptees. Jackson was traded to Atlanta during Dipoto's flurry of off-season moves and Snow, after years of dutiful service to the M's without even a Sept call-up to show for it, signed a minor league deal with Milwaukee.

Former AAPs are still kicking around as well. After a few years of kicking major butt in Korea, Thames has signed with Milwaukee and Morse is a ST piece of spaghetti for the Giants.

Amazing to think that it's been a dozen years of Adopt-a-Player selections, and though my guys have contributed very little to the M's, there's only been one total baseball flame-out.

Adopt-a-Players:

Jpax

Jpax
  • Members
  • 660 posts

I find myself fresh out of Adoptees. Jackson was traded to Atlanta during Dipoto's flurry of off-season moves and Snow, after years of dutiful service to the M's without even a Sept call-up to show for it, signed a minor league deal with Milwaukee.

Former AAPs are still kicking around as well. After a few years of kicking major butt in Korea, Thames has signed with Milwaukee and Morse is a ST piece of spaghetti for the Giants.

Amazing to think that it's been a dozen years of Adopt-a-Player selections, and though my guys have contributed very little to the M's, there's only been one total baseball flame-out

I will adopt Chase DeJong. More like a foster child because he won't be here long. biggrin.png

Good pick!  I was thinking about adopting him also.

In addition to Filia, I would like to add Povse and Brandon Miller

Adopt-a-player #1: Tyler Pike - Excellent start to his career in the AZL and Clinton, Speed Bump in 2014 AND 2015

Adopt-a-player #2:  Austin Wilson - The "Stanford Steamer", Ready to Breakout!  Any Day Now!  Yup, any day now, yessiree, any day now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users