Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

08/28: Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,827 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Tacoma mixed it up with Las Vegas and dropped the game late. Jackson's suffered a mighty power outtage for a loss. High Desert took on those hated Quakers of Rancho Cucamonga and dropped a close one. Clinton came from behind to take Quad Cities into extra innings and win it in walk-off style. Everett got spanked a bit by those Boyz of Boise. Pulaski came on strong late for a win. The Desert M's battled those dang Injuns in the AZL and got scalped. The Island M's of the DSL had the night off.

Tacoma: 60-78
Jackson: 34-31 (76-59)
High Desert: 43-21 (80-54)
Clinton: 42-22 (64-68)
Everett: 16-18 (44-28)
Pulaski: 29-38
AZL Mariners: 31-24
DSL Mariners: 50-20
VSL Mariners: 44-27

System: 479-395

Starting Pitcher of the Day: No One
Relief Pitcher of the Day: Pulaski Mariners RHP Isliexel Gonzalez (4.2 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 2 BB, 6 K)
Position Player of the Day: Clinton KibbleKings C Michael Dowd (2/4, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB, SAC, SB, PO)

Song of the Day: Jeez, I don't know if I should include a song today since I'm kicking this out nearly 10 hours late... Ok, I have one that doesn't reflect what went on last night, but I like it :).

INXS - "Suicide Blonde"

http://www.windingpathdesign.com/tmp/2012/suicideblonde.mp3

Let's do dis!!!

================================================================

TACOMA RAINIERS 5, LAS VEGAS PAWNBROKERS 6

Hector Noesi started for the Rainier last night and performed pretty much like I expect him to. Noesi worked five and a third innings giving up 6 runs on 12 hits, walked 1, adn struckout 5.

Cesar Jimenez relieved Noesi in the sixth inning with one out and a runner on base. Jimenez, being less than a prospect, allowed the runner to score (bastard!). Jimenez went on to work an inning and two-thirds giving up nothing on 1 hit, walked 1 and struckout 1.

Steven Hensley pitched the final frame with nothing to report (nothing acorss the board).

The Rainier offense collected 15 hits, 4 walks, and a Carlos "Piggy" Peguero plunking to plate their 5 runs. They went 3 for 14 wtih runners in scoring position and stranded China + India + Bangladesh (13).

Leadoff hitter CF Darren Ford went 2/4 with a run scored, and a walk.

SS Nick Franklin in the two-hole went 2/5 with a double and a run scored.

PH-DH Mike Wilson entered the game late and went 0/1 with a run scored and a walk.

1B Luis Jimenez in the four-hole went 2/4 with a double, a run scored, a ribbie, and a walk.

3B Alex Liddi, apparently totolly over me dumping him as his adopted fan, hit in the five-hole and went 3/5 with a double and 2 ribbies.

LF Carlos Peguero in the six-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie.

RF Casper Wells in the seven-hole went 1/4 with a walk.

C Guillermo Quiroz in the nine-hole went 2/5 wtih a solo homerun.

The Rainier defense committed 1 error:
- 3B Alex Liddi, 6th, fielding

The defense turned 2 doubleplays, and pitcher Cesar Jimenez picked off a runner at 1st base. Catcher Guillermo Quiroz went 0/1 in throwing out base stealers.

--------------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 1, CHATTANOOGA CHATTERS 4

I bet that Taijuan Walker is thinking "Damn, doesn't this season ever end???"

Young Walker started last night for the Generals and .... um, ok, it wasn't an epic steaming pile, but it was a steaming pile none the less. Last night Walker went six innings giving up 4 runs on 5 hits (HR), walked 1, struckout 6, and plunked a Chatter to pick up his 9th loss of the year.

Forrest Snow, who knows a thing or two about steaming piles, took over in the seventh and pitched a cleaning around a walk with a strikeout.

Mauricio Robles, who also knows a thing or two about steaming piles, pitched the final frame with zeros across the board with the exception of strikeouts, which he got 1.

The General offense almost didn't show up for this game as they collected 3 hits and 4 walks to score their 1 stinkin' run. They went shit for shinola with runners in scoring position and stranded 6.

Johermyn Chavez hit a solo homerun and that is all I have to say about the General offense for this game.

The General defense committed no errors and turned no doublplays. Catcher Jesus Sucre went 0/2 in throwing out base stealers.

HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS 2, RANCHO CUCAMONGA QUAKERS 4

Brett Shankin started for the Mavericks last night and threw a Cal League quality start. Shankin worked six and two-thirds innings giving up 3 runs on 7 hits (HR), walked 2, and struckout a career high 7. Shankin also plunked a Quaker, but no one was looking. All that and he gets tagged with his 3rd loss of the year.

Andrew Kittredge relieved Shankin in the seventh inning with two outs and two runners on base. Kittredge did his part by stonewalling the runners. Kittredge went on to close out the game by going and inning and a third giving up 1 run on 3 hits, walked and struckout no one.

The Maverick offense collected just 7 hits and no walks to score their 2 runs. They went 1 for 6 with runners in scoring position and stranded 6.

2B Steven Proscia in the two-hole went 3/4 with a solo homerun.

DH Leon Landry in the three-hole went 0/4 with a run scored and a stolen base.

1B Dennis Raben in the five-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie.

3B Mario Martinez in the six-hole went 3/4 with ... nothing.

The Maverick defense committed 1 error:
- SS Carlos Ramirez, 6th, throw

The defense turned 2 doubleplays, and RF Mike McGee gunned down a runner at home for a sweet assist. Catcher John Hicks threw out the only fool to attempt to steal a base on him.

CLINTON KIBBLEKINGS 6, QUAD CITIES RIVER ASS BANDITS 5

Seon Gi Kim started for the Kibblers and did not have a good outting. "Steaming Pile" is no stretch of the imagination. Kim worked six innings giving up 5 runs (4 earned) on 6 hits (HR), walked no one, and struckout 1.

Kyle Hunter took over in the seventh and worked an inning and two-thirds giving up nothing on 3 hits, walked no one, and struckout 2.

David Colvin relieved Hunter in the eighth with two outs and a runner on base. Colvin did his job like he is supposed to do and stranded the runner. Colvin went on to pitch two and a third innings giving up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 2.

Matt Brazis entered the game in the eleventh inning with the score knotted up at 5. Brazis worked two strong innings giving up nothing on 2 hits, walked no one, and struckout 1.

Joshua Corrales had an eventful outting as he pitched the thirteenth inning giving up nothing on 2 hits, walked 1, and struckout 2.

The Kibbler offense collected 11 hits, 11 walks... ELEVEN!!! and plunkings of Ramon Morla, Kevin Rivers, Jabari Blash, and Ramon Morla, again to score their 6 runs. They went 5 for 16 with runners in scoring position and stranded China AND India (17).

Leadoff hitter LF Patrick Brady went 1/5 with a double, a ribbie, and 2 walks.

2B Daniel Paolini in the two-hole went 2/7 with a double.

1B Ji-Man Choi in the three-hole went 0/4 with 3 walks.

3B Ramon Morla in the four-hole went 1/4 with a run scored, a walk, and sore ribs on both sides.

CF Jabari Blash in the six-hole went 3/4 with a run scored, 2 walks, and sore ribs.

C Michael Dowd in the seven-hole went 2/4 with a run scored, 2 ribbies, 2 walks, a sac fly, and a stolen base.

DH Jharmidy De Jesus in the eight-hole went 1/5 with a 3-run homerun.

SS Bryan Brito in the nine-hole went 1/6 wtih a double and a run scored.

The Kibbler defense committed 1 error:
- 3B Ramon Morla, 35th, fielding

The defense turned 1 doubleplay. LF Patrick Brady gunned down runners at 1st base and at home for some sweet assists. RF Kevin Rivers also gunned down a runner at home for an assist.

Catcher Michael Dowd picked off a runner at 1st base and threw out the only fool to attempt to steal a base.

EVERETT AQUASOX 3, BOISE 7

The AquaSox aren't exactly tuning up for the post season. In the second half they have been much less than what they were in the first.

Last night Scott DeCecco started for the Frogs and made it all the way through two outs before he was ejected for arguing balls and strikes.

Ya that was a good idea...

Blake Hauser "relieved" DeCecco in the first frakin' inning with a runner on base and two outs. Hauser got the Frogs out of that inning and then went on to pitch two and a third innings of less than inspired baseball. Hauser gave up 5 runs on 6 hits (2 HR), walked no one, struckout 4, and uncorked a wild one.

Brandon Plotz took over in the fourth and pitched three innings of rock-solid relief. Plotz gave up nothing on 2 hits, walked 1, and struckout 2.

Dominic Leone pitched the final inning around a pair of hits with a pair of strikeouts to end this turkey.

The Frog offense collected 9 hits and 7 walks to plate their 3 runs. They went 2 for 13 with runners in scoring position and stranded China (12).

Leadoff hitter SS Ketel Marte went 1/4 with a run scored, a ribbie, a walk, and 2 stolen bases.

2B Brock Hebert in the two-hole went 2/5 with a run scored and a stolen base.

1B Taylor Ard in the three-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie, a walk, and a stolen base.

C Marcus Littlewood in the five-hole went 1/3 with a double, a run scored, and 2 walks.

CF Janelfry Zorrilla in the seven-hole went 1/3 with a double and a sacrifice.

DH Dario Pizzano, in his second game in the Northwest League hit in the eight-hole and went 2/3 with a walk.

LF Michael Faulkner in the nine-hole went 1/3 with a walk.

The Frog defense committed 1 error:
- 3B Patrick Kivlehan, 15th, throw

The defense failed to turn a single doubleplay.

PULASKI PULASKERS 5, KINGSPORT QUEENS 2

There are times when I just don't know how to report on a young pitcher's performance. For instance, Min-Sih Chen started for the Pulaskers last night and his pitching line is .... odd, to say the least. Three and a third innings pitched means a short outting for a starter. 4 hits doesn't tell us anything. 2 unearned runs tells me that he was effective in trying to keep the base runners from scoring. 4 walks tells me that there were a lot of baserunners for just three and a third innings. No strikeouts tells me that he wasn't fooling too many people.

See? Totally baffling!

Isliexel Gonzalez, or, IGon as I like to call him, relieved Chen with one out and the bases jammed full of Queens in the fourth inning. IGon slammed the door on the upstart Queens and went on to pitch four and two-thirds innings of high-quality relief. IGon gave up nothing on 2 hits, walked 2, and struckout 6 as he laid down the law and picked up the win.

Lars Huijer pitched around a hit in the final frame to pick up his 2nd save.

The Pulasker offense collected 9 hits and 5 walks to score their 5 runs. They went 2 for 12 with runners in scoring position and stranded India (10).

Leadoff hitter 1B Gilmer Lampe went 1/2 with a run scored, 2 ribbies, a walk, a sacrifice, and a sac fly. Young Lampe was a busy boy!

CF Jabari Henry in the three-hole went 2/4 with a double, 2 runs scored, a ribbie, and a walk.

3B Jordy Lara in the four-hole went 2/5 with 2 doubles and a ribbie.

DH Felipe Burin in the six-hole went 1/4 with a double, a ribbie, and a walk.

C Franklin Diaz in the eight-hole went 1/3 with a run scored, a walk, and a stolen base.

SS Keith Werman in the nine-hole went 1/2 with a walk and a sacrifice.

The Pulasker defense committed 1 error:
- RF Reginald Lawson, 3rd, fielding

The defense turned 1 doubleplay. Catcher Franklin Diaz suffered his 8th passed ball.

AZL MARINERS 7, AZL INJUNS 13

What started out as promising for the first few innings rapidly devolved into a display of... crap. The Desert M's ran a cast of thousands out to pitch in the game last night, and not all of them did badly.

Stephen Landazuri started and went three innings giving up 1 run on 4 hits, walked no one and struckout 1.

George "El Toro" Mieses took over and worked the next inning giving up an unearned run on 1 hit, walked 1, and struckout 1.

Gabe Saquilon took over in the fifth and worked an inning and two-thirds giving up 6 runs on .... Way too many hits, way too many walks, and way too few strikeouts.

Daniel Thieben, my favorite kraut in the mix, relieved Saquilon in the sixth with two outs and a runner on base, which he stonewalled. Thieben worked an inning and a third giving up 1 unearned run on 2 hits, walked no one, and struckout 2.

Jose Torres took over in the eighth and crapped all over himself. Torres gave up 4 runs on ... way too many hits, walked 1, struckout 2.

Scott Ronnenbergh pitched the final frame around a hit and a walk with no damage.

The Desert M offense collected 9 hits and 8 walks to score their 5 runs. They went 4 for 10 with runners in scoring position and stranded 9.

SS Gabrial Franca in the leadoff spot went 0/4 with a run scored, a walk, and 2 stolen bases.

DH Isaiah Yates in the two-hole went 0/2 with 2 runs scored, 3 walks, and a stolen base.

2B Timmy Lopes in the three-hole went 3/4 with a triple, 2 runs scored, 2 ribbies, a walk, and a stolen base.

CF Gabriel Guerrero in the four-hole went 2/5 with a 2-run homerun, a run scored, and 3 ribbies.

3B Joseph DeCarlo in the five-hole went 0/3 with 2 walks.

C Toby DeMello in the six-hole went 2/2 with a double and a run scored.

LF Raysheron Michel in the nine-hole went 1/4 wtih a double and a ribbie.

The Desert M defense committed 1 error:
- CF Gabriel Guerrero, 3rd, throw

The defense turned 2 doublplays and catcher Toby DeMello went 2/2 in throwing out base stealers.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I am sooo outta here!

Lonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users