Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Player Ratings April 23rd - 29th

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Harrison_Crow

Harrison_Crow
  • Members
  • 181 posts
Okay you know how this goes... it's all my opinions it's kind of like soccer player ratings only it's based off my opinons and it's completely subjective. Sounds like fun, right? Yeah. So let's do this!

STARTING PITCHERS ---

Felix Herandnez, 7; It's crazy to think that he only had 2 strike outs but had 3 BB's. Yet pitched so dominate.

Kevin Millwood, 6; Call me whatever name you want. He's not as bad as what he is precieved. If he gets the corner strike called and some defense, he's worth keeping around.

Hector Noesi, 6; Noesi actually had a pretty decent start in Detroit. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either.

Jason Vargas, 7; I didn't think that Vargas pitched all that well and then it occured to me that through 5 innings. It's increadible to think that there are points in this season, where we have already seen him pitch better. He's starting to become a rather good hurler.

Blake Beavan 6; His command control has always been talked up but since the start of the year he is sporting a K/BB and has pitched all of 9 innings without a walk. He's improving on missing bats.

RELIEF PITCHERS ----

Steve Delabar, 5; I really like Delabar and I'm interested to see if he can get beyond all these home runs that he gives up and if he can turn a corner over the course of the season.

Charlie Furbush, 6; the more I see of Furbush this season, the more I see a great lefty out of the pen. He's got a great cutter and a dynamite slow bender

Hiashi Iwakuma, 5; I'd like to see more of him. He doesn't get the greatest results but then again he misses plenty of bats and procure ground balls.

Brandon League, 6; He walks too many, he misses too few bats and despite all the ground balls he just, at times, he's just really frustrating and other times... Sigh, it's like falling in love. I hate you Brandon League, and yet I love you.

Lucas Luetge, 7; In 2 IP this past week he struck out 2, walked 1 and allowed one hit. I've been very impressed both with how he has performed and his usage out of the bullpen.

Erasmo Ramirez, 5; He's had a moment in Detroit where I thought he might be turning a corner. His fastball had great run and his change up was just lights out. But it lasted all of two batters and he seemed to lose it just as quick.

Tom Wilhelmsen, 6; You could complain about his outing in Toronto or praise him for his two outings in Detroit. Overall he has looked really good to start the season and even had Jason Churchill calling him a better pitcher than Brandon League.

CATCHERS ---

John Jaso, 6; 2 - 5 w/ 1/1 BB/K ratio. He is starting to be worked into the regular rotation and from what I understand he may even start catching with Olivo out. Not an all together bad thing.

Miguel Olivo, 6; 7-25, w/ 2 HR's and a 1/6 BB/K ratio. He was just starting not to suck and now most likely won't be around until July if not closer to August.

Jesus Montero, 6; 7-22, with 1 HR's and a 0/5 BB/K. He needs to take pitches and become more patient but he may start turning the corner.

INFIELDERS

Dustin Ackley, 7; He's hitting the ball hard it's just at all of fielders and then he's also getting some to fall too. I'd like to see him getting on base more but a 2/1 BB/K ratio isn't anything to sneeze at and he's been playing better defense too.

Chone Figgins, 5; His 4-15 would be more acceptable if he played plus defense. The problem is that he just doesn't have a spot on this team anymore. Not with Seager and Liddi playing like they have been and Carp due back and the Mariners needing to give Casper Wells more opportunities. Olivo has bought him more time but all that has happened is to postpone the envitable.

Munenori Kawasaki, 4; Can we please, PLEASE stop using Kawasaki as a pinch runner for Kyle Seager. PLEASE?!

Alex Liddi, 6; Liddi had two tremendous games in Detroit and then he went 1-9 in Toronto. That usually just proves that he got a lucky few at bats. But he's hitting the ball hard and making consistent contact. He could easily have had 5 home runs this road trip rather than just the 2.

Brendan Ryan, 4; Ryan has Justin Smoak syndrome. Hits balls hard at defenders and swings through hittable pitches.

Kyle Seager, 6; NEEDS.TO.TAKE.PITCHES. Goodness gracious where did the "I know how to get on base" version of Kyle Seager go? Seriously.

Justin Smoak, 5; I get that everyone is all worried and scared about Smoak but he's hitting the ball hard and he's just missed on a few pitches. He's been looking better.

Outfielders ----

Michael Saunders, 8; Awesome, Amazing, Future cog in the Mariners outfield. I'm way to early in saying this but I just am really excited by his first month.

Casper Wells, 6; I love Casper. I really do. He needs some more opportunities.

Ichiro, 6; Ichiro's contribution's so far this season have been very under rated. He's hitting the ball hard and he's even pulled the ball for some extra bases.

Edited by Harrison_Crow, 01 May 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Adopt-a-players:

Juan Diaz (YET ANOTHER switch hitting middle infielder) (traded)

Seon Gi Kim (Still waiting for him to come around... )

Brandon Haveman (Loveable depth) (released)

Tyler Blandford (What are the possibilities of a refund at this point?)

So... I got this site where I write at... SodoMojo. If you care to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users