Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/25 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,798 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
This *should* be quick.

Tacoma had the night off. Jackson saw a member of the non-big three pitch well in a win. High Desert, for the second time this year, got rained out. Clinton got good pitching and MIA offense.

Tacoma: 8-12
Jackson: 14-7
High Desert: 12-7
Clinton: 7-13

System: 41-39

Pitcher of the Day: Andrew Carraway
Player of the Day: Denny Almonte

In honor of High Desert getting rained out for the second time, I give you this little ditty:

Queensryche: When The Rain Comes
http://www.windingpathdesign.com/tmp/2012/therain.mp3

Let's Rock!

================================================

JACKSON GENERALS 5, TENNESSEE SMOKIES 1

I'm sincerely hoping that by now everyone is familiar with Andrew Carraway. I mean, it's not like his name hasn't been read somewhere (like, my signature for the last three years). Today Carraway took the mound for the Generals with the idea in mind of beating those hated Smokers. Today, Carraway battled the Smokers for five innings (I have no idea why he was held to five since there is no pitch-count data.) giving up 1 run on 5 hits, walked 1, and struckout 3 to run his record to 3-0.

Brian Moran took over in the sixth and pitched an inning of relief with nothing to report beyond a strikeout.

Yoervis Medina took over in the seventh and threw two innings of good relief giving up nothing on nothing, walked 1, struckout 1, and plunked a Smoker.

Stephen Pryor entered the game in the ninth in a non-save situation. Pryor worked around a couple of hits in the frame while striking out 3 to end the game.

The General offense collected 9 hits, 3 walks, and a Chris Pettit plunking to score their 5 runs. They were a nice 3 for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded 8.

3B Francisco Martinez in the leadoff spot went 1/4 with a ribbie, a walk, and a stolen base.

DH Joseph Dunigan in the three-hole went 1/4 with a solo homerun.

1B Rich Poythress in the four-hole went 1/3 with a double, a run scored, and a walk.

CF Denny Almonte in the five-hole went 3/4 with a stolen base.

LF Chris Pettit in the six-hole went 1/3 with a run scored, a ribbie, and those sore ribs.

RF Johermyn Chavez in the seven-hole went 0/3 with a run scored and a walk.

C Jesus Sucre in the eight-hole went 1/4 with a solo homerun.

SS Gabriel Noriega went 1/4 with a ribbie.

--------------------------------

CLINTON LUMBERKINGS 1, GREAT LAKES LOONS 3

Coming off of his first solid start of the year, Cameron Hobson backed it up with another good start. Working six innings, Hobson gave up 3 runs (2 earned) on 8 hits (HR), walked 1, struckout 2, and uncorked a pair of wild ones. All that, and he still loses...

Tim Griffin took over in the seventh inning and pitched two very strong innings of relief baseball. Griffin gave up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 4.

The LumberKing offense was MIA once again. Collecting just 3 hits, but 5 walks, it's a wonder that they were able to score even 1 unearned run. They were bagel for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded 8.

3B Ramon Morla in the five-hole went 1/4 with a double and a run scored.

2B Jean Acevedo in the eight-hole went 0/2 with a ribbie and a walk.

--------------------------------

Wow, it was quick!

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!

Lonnie

everblue77

everblue77
  • Members
  • 128 posts
Lovin the music Lonnie....

...and also the fact that Jackson leads the league in ERA, Runs allowed, K's and more! Solid staff all the way around. Moran doesn't have the gaudy stats but he just keeps on shuttin down the bad guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users