Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SERIES #6: SEATTLE @ DETROIT

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,737 posts

I loved seeing Liddi drop a bunt on Cabrera. Blowers was talking about doing it earlier in the game. Liddi must have been listening.

Wasn't it Blowers that called Tui's first MLB HR?

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,737 posts

On a day when his bat cooled off I'm still glad Liddi helped with his glove making that key play in the ninth. If he did not stop that hit down the line perhaps the final score could have been different.

And Liddi playing SS ? Mmmmh, he has hands and arm to make it but not the weight anymore...maybe 50 pounds ago !

The Tigers would have Liddi at shortstop and Montero catching every day. There are still some teams that don't care about defense. I did hear that he is still taking ground balls at shortstop, but left field is still only a thought.

My 2014 AAP's:

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,293 posts

The Tigers would have Liddi at shortstop and Montero catching every day. There are still some teams that don't care about defense. I did hear that he is still taking ground balls at shortstop, but left field is still only a thought.

It's not as though the M's have put a premium on defense these last 2 seasons. It's just when you have bats as good as Cebera and Fielders you make it work. Because no matter their bats will make up for their defense woes.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,737 posts
Defense is a priority for the Mariners, I strongly believe that. There are higher priorities, but defense i son the list. They're bats will certainly make up for their defensive woes, but I wouldn't want more than one of them on my team, and certainly no more than two. They also tend to come with big contracts, and careers that fall off before the contract ends.

It sure wouldn't hurt to have one on the team, but Zduriencik hasn't pushed to get one. I believe one would help this team out immensely despite the drawbacks. The value of just one of them would far exceed the expense in my opinion. I'm certain that most fans also believe the same thing, but the fans don't pay his salary, the FO does.

My 2014 AAP's:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,293 posts

Defense is a priority for the Mariners, I strongly believe that. There are higher priorities, but defense i son the list. They're bats will certainly make up for their defensive woes, but I wouldn't want more than one of them on my team, and certainly no more than two. They also tend to come with big contracts, and careers that fall off before the contract ends.

It sure wouldn't hurt to have one on the team, but Zduriencik hasn't pushed to get one. I believe one would help this team out immensely despite the drawbacks. The value of just one of them would far exceed the expense in my opinion. I'm certain that most fans also believe the same thing, but the fans don't pay his salary, the FO does.

You wouldn't want Miguel Caberra and Prince Fielder ? If we could have both players I don't see why not these guys are the type of players we've haven't had since Griffey and A rod left. They may not be the greatest defenders but when your offense has been as bad as ours I think you take what you can get.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 27 April 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,737 posts

You wouldn't want Miguel Caberra and Prince Fielder ? If we could have both players I don't see why not these guys are the type of players we've haven't had since Griffey and A rod left. They may not be the greatest defenders but when your offense has been as bad as ours I think you take what you can get.

I did write, "no more than two." Yes, of course I would take two if salary was not an issue. It's certainly not one with me, but the FO has a different opinion.

My 2014 AAP's:

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,145 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en

Found on the Wall of Jason Churchill's den:

Posted Image

Good one ! I didn't know range mattered at third, only quickness, which Liddi has.
Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

http://compassrosy.com/<p> 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users