Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SERIES #6: SEATTLE @ DETROIT

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,281 posts
Got Wilk?

Yep. Got 'im good.
Adopt-a-Players:
Forrest Snow - Suspended for the first 50 games of the season. (Come on, Forrest. Just because it's legal in Washington...)
No invite to Spring Training. Not assigned to any team. Contract still owned by the M's, but effectively out of baseball for now.
2013 AAA/AA: 5-5, 2.96 ERA, 84 K, 28 BB, 1.085 WHIP
2012 AAA/AA: 5-9, 6.35 ERA, 99K, 67 BB, 1.674 WHIP

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):
Eric Thames - took his MLB .250/.296/.431/.727 and MiLB .305/.383/.508/.892 statlines and went to play in Korea.
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball.
Mike Morse - Now playing for the Giants.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a regional scout for the Cards.

Updated: 04/02/2014

6-pak-abs

6-pak-abs

Son of Ninkasi!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Mariners, Huskies, Seahawks, Homebrewing
Good one by Rizz, "Arividerci baseball." :clapping:
Adopt a player: Justin Seager

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,260 posts
Liddi goes deep again......why hasn't this kid been getting regular playing time ?

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,281 posts

Liddi goes deep again......why hasn't this kid been getting regular playing time ?

Because he hasn't "paid his dues" and doesn't have a contract worth millions. :P
Adopt-a-Players:
Forrest Snow - Suspended for the first 50 games of the season. (Come on, Forrest. Just because it's legal in Washington...)
No invite to Spring Training. Not assigned to any team. Contract still owned by the M's, but effectively out of baseball for now.

Eric Thames - took his MLB .250/.296/.431/.727 and MiLB .305/.383/.508/.892 statlines and went to play in Korea.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a regional scout for the Cards.

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,748 posts
Wow. I've never been a big Liddi believer but he's been damn impressive. If he can man 3B and hit like this, Seagar just about has to move to the super-sub role. Pinella got McLemore 500 AB's...
You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

=============================

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,260 posts

Oh great, another home run.... I hate watching these same old Mariners. :whistling: <pushes sarcasm button off>

i'll just leave this for you to read.

http://www.lookoutla...ners-game-score

While it may seem as though we've turned a corner it's really hard to say consider how we've beaten on the tigers like this before. Or did you forget what Smoak did to this squad last year ? So it's hard to say either way I'm just glad to see Liddi playing he's really earned it. But I'll enjoy the high's and still hate the woes.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 25 April 2012 - 04:28 PM.

DaddyO

DaddyO
  • Boosters
  • 2,454 posts

Wow. I've never been a big Liddi believer but he's been damn impressive. If he can man 3B and hit like this, Seagar just about has to move to the super-sub role. Pinella got McLemore 500 AB's...

Is a star born? Way, WAY too early to tell. But hey, if a star WERE being born, what would it look like. I think like Liddi's last two games. Add to that Saunders back to looking like he did in spring training, and after two games in Detroit things are looking UP.

How do YOU say "bye-bye-Figgins," at least as far as the everyday starting lineup? Carp due back within a week. Seager playing like a gamer. Liddi staking his claim to at bats.
---------------------

There's an old saying, "The Proof Is In The Pudding."

Mariners 2012: It's Puddin' Time
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Posted Image

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,756 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
Who talked about the Tigers' defense?

Kudos to you! It really sucks
2013 Mariners MVP (Last Update: July 31)
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,260 posts

Who talked about the Tigers' defense?

Kudos to you! It really sucks

I don't think anyone thought their defense would be good. It's just the middle of that line up isn't a joke.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,756 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
Best lineup of the year is the first one without Figgins?
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,756 posts
Ichiro is looking like he is starting his May hot streak a little bit earlier this year
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,748 posts
Ichiro is quietly looking pretty good. I don't remember this many hits into the OF in years.
You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,748 posts
...and Liddi might not see a single fastball in Boston. Dude is dialed in.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,260 posts
good to see old man ichiro still got a little bit of gas in that tank.

xarmyguy78

xarmyguy78
  • Members
  • 658 posts
Just curious why this is called a game thread and very few of the post in the thread are actually related to the game being played?

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,688 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Just curious why this is called a game thread and very few of the post in the thread are actually related to the game being played?

Because you haven't been here to keep the law and order of things...

:whistling:

xarmyguy78

xarmyguy78
  • Members
  • 658 posts

Because you haven't been here to keep the law and order of things...

:whistling:

I don't want to be a b**ch or a nag or anything, but yesterday I was away from a tv and had no idea what was going on in the game till I got home and read the MLB gamelog. Same thing for the first 6 innings of tonights game as well

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,281 posts

Funny. Looking back through the posts from the start of the game (4PM) until this post, I counted exactly ONE post that wasn't related to the game being played. Before the game started, the conversation was centered on the lineup for the game. I really don't see the tangential conversations you refer to. Except this one, that is.
Adopt-a-Players:

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,281 posts
Smoak finishes the night having gone 0-4 with a walk. As much as I want to like the kid, I think he needs to be moved out of the cleanup spot. Move Montero into #4 and let Smoak work out his troubles batting 6th.

Ryan also has an 0-4 night, but we expect that from him. Can Liddi really play a good enough SS at the MLB level to jump ahead of both Ryan and Kawasaki?
Adopt-a-Players:

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,688 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Smoak finishes the night having gone 0-4 with a walk. As much as I want to like the kid, I think he needs to be moved out of the cleanup spot. Move Montero into #4 and let Smoak work out his troubles batting 6th.

Ryan also has an 0-4 night, but we expect that from him. Can Liddi really play a good enough SS at the MLB level to jump ahead of both Ryan and Kawasaki?

Liddi can play short pretty decently, but the team would be better off with someone with a bit more range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users