Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SERIES #6: SEATTLE @ DETROIT

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
There is nothing like a four-game losing streak to bring out the negativity in a lot of folks. I'm afraid that I am coming close to succumbing to the dark side myself.

Let's Not Suck!

======================================

Tuesday, April 24th

Posted Image

-------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 25th

Posted Image

-------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 26th

Posted Image

xarmyguy78

xarmyguy78
  • Members
  • 660 posts
Yeah we dodged the Justin verlander bullet this go round. Maybe Miguel and Prince will stub their toes so we can avoid them too

Edited by xarmyguy78, 24 April 2012 - 11:55 AM.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
The only thing use dodging Verlander means is that someone won't toss a perfect game against us. We're going to get swept.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
Here's tonights lineup

Chone Figgins LF
Dustin Ackley 2B
Ichiro Suzuki RF
Jesus Montero DH
Kyle Seager (L) 3B
Alex Liddi 1B
Michael Saunders CF
Miguel Olivo C
Munenori Kawasaki SS

no smoak for 2 games? Is smoak injured ? Is wedge finally deciding to bench the struggling players? If so why aren't Olivo and Figgins benched?

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
I hope that those of you who chose to wallow in the mud of the Mariners problems realize that what you are doing doesn't help one bit.

DaddyO

DaddyO
  • Boosters
  • 2,454 posts
Hey, the M's are scoring 75% more RPG than Pittsburgh. Can you IMAGINE what it must be like for the Pirates?
---------------------

There's an old saying, "The Proof Is In The Pudding."

Mariners 2012: It's Puddin' Time
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Posted Image

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

I hope that those of you who chose to wallow in the mud of the Mariners problems realize that what you are doing doesn't help one bit.

What should we focus on then ? The franchise hasn't given us much hope and the little positives we do have are squander because of bad managing.

Or should we just take comments like this from Wedge as gospel ?

"We're going to be a championship team here. I know a lot of people doubt that. That's their right. But we are going to be a championship team here "

http://seattle.marin...ok_sea&c_id=sea

So I just take Wedge's word as gospel and believe all is well in Mariner land ?

Even if we take our eyes of the major league squad for a second and look into the minor league system who do we have that we can get excited about ? That's not in high desert ?

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 24 April 2012 - 03:04 PM.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
Jesus montero with that RBI single.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 24 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
wow the tigers lead off hitter has more HR's than anyone on the M's.

Vargas off to an okay start so far.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 24 April 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts
Gads, I never thought I would be the positive guy on this site. I like the youth. I like what they are doing. It's early and our boys are learning. If they win, it's one more than I expected.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
Saunders with that two out two RBI double.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts
I'm glad we didn't end up with that moose called Prince. After a couple more years, his weight is going to take its toll.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

I'm glad we didn't end up with that moose called Prince. After a couple more years, his weight is going to take its toll.

you do realize that he'd be the best player on our team right ?

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts

you do realize that he'd be the best player on our team right ?

Right now? he'd be great but that kind of body mass isn't going to lend to a long career. You be complaining in a couple of years about the injuries, the bloated contract and how we need a bat. I'd rather go the route we are and give these young guys a chance. Or should we just summarily write them off because they haven't produced in the first couple weeks of a season? Then we get Shin-soo Choo, Adam Jones type trades all over again and we'd have to hear the bitching about how the M's never hold on to their talent.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

Right now? he'd be great but that kind of body mass isn't going to lend to a long career. You be complaining in a couple of years about the injuries, the bloated contract and how we need a bat. I'd rather go the route we are and give these young guys a chance. Or should we just summarily write them off because they haven't produced in the first couple weeks of a season? Then we get Shin-soo Choo, Adam Jones type trades all over again and we'd have to hear the bitching about how the M's never hold on to their talent.

I wouldn't complain about the Fielder situation because it's an attempt by the M's to actually address a need we've had for well over a decade. So I'd be more willing to take that risk than do nothing which is something we've been doing. Also signing Fielder doesn't mean we give up on anyone it moves Smoak out of his position but I'd willingly upgrade Fielder's production for what Smoak has given us thus far. Then when we have a bat like Fielder in the line up you don't ask the kids to carry your team you have a proven bat in your line up. That allows the kids to not press as much and get better pitches. I'm sure Caberra isn't concerned about Fielders body 8 years from now.

MLB game day is confusing the heck out of me.

Welp glad to see wedg finally asking people to steal. To bad it was Miguel Olivo.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 24 April 2012 - 04:46 PM.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
I wonder if Wedge is going to let Vargas pitch the 6th. It's going to be interesting to see who he sends out there.

LoL 11 hits 10 are singles.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 24 April 2012 - 04:55 PM.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts

I wouldn't complain about the Fielder situation because it's an attempt by the M's to actually address a need we've had for well over a decade. So I'd be more willing to take that risk than do nothing which is something we've been doing. Also signing Fielder doesn't mean we give up on anyone it moves Smoak out of his position but I'd willingly upgrade Fielder's production for what Smoak has given us thus far. Then when we have a bat like Fielder in the line up you don't ask the kids to carry your team you have a proven bat in your line up. That allows the kids to not press as much and get better pitches. I'm sure Caberra isn't concerned about Fielders body 8 years from now.

MLB game day is confusing the heck out of me.

Welp glad to see wedg finally asking people to steal. To bad it was Miguel Olivo.

What you want is the affair while I want the marriage. You want someone flashy and shiny to come in and rock the Ms world. I want things to develop and grow together, it takes a while but all of a sudden you realize "damn, this is GOOD".

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
Liddi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

What you want is the affair while I want the marriage. You want someone flashy and shiny to come in and rock the Ms world. I want things to develop and grow together, it takes a while but all of a sudden you realize "damn, this is GOOD".

We needed someone like Fielder to draw fans & other FA to Seattle. There's no law saying you can't sign a big name FA and then still have your home grown talent. I want the affair & the marriage. For example look at the nationals they grew their talent and they still signed Werth (even though he's not doing what he did in Philly). The Nats are looking like they're on the verge of being really strong for a long time.

Man I love me some Alex Liddi.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 24 April 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts
Yes, LOOK at the Nats. Look at how much they struggled until their homegrown talent matured. Look at those really crappy years the fans had to endure. The problem is people look at the M's as if this were the 7 or 8th season of rebuilding when in reality it is Jacks 3rd year. I'd say he's put together some pretty good pieces. We had no control over the "f" up called Bavasi and how much destruction he wrought to the Mariners. I'm betting that Z goes after some pretty decent FA talent if things go according to plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users