Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/20 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,813 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Posted Image

Some nights going 1 and 3 in the M's minor league system is merely annoying. Some nights it doesn't even bother me that much. A few rare nights though, going 1 and 3 in the Mariner's minor league system is akin to having a jalapeno get lodged just north of my rectal sphincter.

Maybe it was the way the M's played yet again that set me off, or the pain in my leg that just doesn't want to go away. What ever.

Tacoma sent out a meat puppet to start the game, and the results were predictable. Jackson saw whiz kid Carter Capps suffer his first professional blown save and first professional loss. High Desert just keeps on hitting, and tonight they got some decent pitching to go along with it. Clinton... There just isn't any joy in Mudville to be found, or offense for that matter.

Tacoma: 7-9
Jackson: 10-6
High Desert: 10-5
Clinton: 4-11

System: 31-31

Pitcher of the Day: Cameron Hobson
Player of the Day: Stefen Romero

In an effort to impose a stop to some of the craptastic play by the M's minor league affiliates...

"...Nevermore..."

http://www.windingpathdesign.com/tmp/2012/The_Raven.mp3

==============================================

TACOMA RAINIERS 4, SACRAMENTO RIVER CATS 7

Ok, maybe refering to Jarrett Grube as a meat puppet is borderline viscious, but daaaaamn! Tonight the Grubster worked a whole three innings giving up 6 runs on 7 hits, walked 2, struckout no one, and uncorked a wild one.

Brian Sweeney took over for the very innefective Grube in the fourth inning and worked three and two-thirds innings of pretty damn good relief baseball. Sweeney's final line was no runs on 1 hit, walked 1, and struckout 2.

Chance Ruffin relieved Sweeney with two outs in the seventh and a runner on base. The Ruffinator slammed the door on the runner and got the Rainiers out of the inning with no damage. Unfortunately, he was unable to keep the River Kittens off the board in the eighth as he gave up a run on 2 hits, walked and struckout no one.

The Rainier collected 7 hits, 1 walk, and a Mike Carp plunking to score their 4 runs. They were 2 for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded 5.

CF Trayvon Robinson in the leadoff spot went 1/4 with a solo homerun.

SS Carlos Triunfel in the two-hole went 1/3 with a run scored and a walk.

3B Vinnie Catricala in the four-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie.

RF Chih-Hsien Chiang in the five-hole went 1/4 with a double and a run scored.

C Guillermo Quiroz in the six-hole went 1/4 with a run scored.

DH Johan Limonta in the seven-hole went 1/4 with a double and a ribbie.

1B Scott Savastano in the eight-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie.

-------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 4, HUNTSVILLE STARS 5

Righthander Andrew Carraway is have a rather odd string of outtings. After putting up dominating performances in his first two outtings he has been a bit less than effective in his last two. I don't know what is going on, but at a guess I'd say that either his breaking ball or changeup has gone south on him. Today, Carraway went just four and a third innings giving up 3 runs on 7 hits, walked no one, struckout 7, and uncorked a wild one.

Moises Hernandez relieved Carraway in the fifth inning with one out and two runners on base. Hernandez came up stiff with a solid roadblock. Hernandez went on to pitch two and a third innings giving up nothing on 2 hits, walked 1, and struckout 1.

Brian Moran relieved Hernandez in the seventh with two outs and a runner on base. MOran, like Hernandez before him stonewalled the runner. Moran went on to pitch two-thirds of an inning giving up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 2.

Carter Capps relieved Moran with one out in the eighth and a runner on base. Capps got a signature strikeout followed by a lineout to get out of the inning with no damage and preserving a 4-3 lead. In the ninth Capps gave up a leadoff double followed by a single to put runners on the corners with no outs. Capps rang up the next batter with a strikeout, and then following a cleanly stolen base Capps gave up a single that scored two runs to end the game in walk off fashion.

The General offense collected 7 hits and 2 walks to score their 4 runs. They were 1 for 6 with runners in scoring position and stranded 5.

How often does a team hit 3 homeruns and lose a game 5-4? I bet not often.

Leadoff hitter CF Denney Almonte went 1/4 with a solo homerun.

SS Nick Franklin in the two-hole went 1/4 with a solo homerun.

DH Joseph Dunigan in the three-hole went 1/3 with a walk and 2 stolen bases.

1B Eric Campbell in the four-hole went 1/3 wtih a double, a run scored, and a walk.

RF Johermyn Chavez in the six-hole went 2/4 with a 2-run homerun.

HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS 7, INLAND EMPIRE 66ers 2

Lefty Roenis Elias made his third start tonight for the Mavericks and produced his second consecutive quality start. Actually, the term "quality start" falls a bit short when you take into consideration that Elias is pitching in the Cal League.

Tonight, Elias worked seven and a third innings giving up nothing on 3 hits, walked 3 and struckout no one. Elias was a sweet 11-6 with groundouts and flyouts.

Tyler Burgoon relieved Elias in the eighth inning with one out and the bases empty. Burgoon struggled to get the Mavericks out of the inning, but eventually did. Burgoon worked just two-thirds of an inning giving up 2 runs on 2 hits, walked 2, and struckout no one.

Jonathan Arias took over in the ninth inning and worked around a walk with a strikout to polish off the game.

The Maverick offense collected 11 hits and 4 walks to score their 7 runs. They were an unbelievable 7 for 14 with runners in scoring position and stranded 8.

Leadoff hitter SS Brad Miller went 0/4 with a walk and a run scored.

DH Jack Marder in the two-hole went 2/4 with a run scored, a walk, and a stolen base (his 8th).

LF Julio Morban in the three-hole (getting some recognition for his good early hitting) went 2/5 with 2 runs scored and a ribbie.

2B Stefen Romero in the four-hole went 2/3 with 2 doubles, 3 runs scored, and 3 big ribbies.

1B Mickey Wiswall in the five-hole went 1/4 wtih s double and 2 ribbies.

3B Steven Proscia in the six-hole went 2/4 with... nothing.

RF Kevin Rivers in the seven-hole went 0/2 with 2 walks.

C John Hicks in the eight-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie.

CLINTON LUMBERKINGS 0, LAKE COUNTY CAPTAINS 7

Finally! Cameron Hobson had a good outting! Hobson, who if he ever gets his shit together could be a great second tier starting pitcher in the organization, worked seven strong innings today giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits, walked no one, struckout 4, and took the loss...

WTF?

Stephen Kohlscheen took over in the eighth inning and shit all over the place. Kohlscheen pitched one inning giving up 3 runs on 4 hits, walked no one, and struckout 2.

Joshua Corrales pitched the ninth inning and looked bad in the process. Corrales gave up 2 runs on 2 hits, walked 2, and struckout 2.

The Clinton offesne collected... Well, shit! What the Hell do they expect to do when all they can manage is a measily 5-7 hits on any given night? The LumberKings are averageing less than 6 and a half hits per game, and that is beyond craptastic. That is suckatude to the nth degree!

No need to look further, Citizen. Move along.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!

Lonnie

Harrison_Crow

Harrison_Crow
  • Members
  • 181 posts
Jackson had DINGERS!
Adopt-a-players:

Juan Diaz (YET ANOTHER switch hitting middle infielder) (traded)

Seon Gi Kim (Still waiting for him to come around... )

Brandon Haveman (Loveable depth) (released)

Tyler Blandford (What are the possibilities of a refund at this point?)

So... I got this site where I write at... SodoMojo. If you care to visit.

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,813 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Jackson had DINGERS!

It was good to see, but shit, how about some table setters???

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
noooo carter capps is human =/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users