Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

MC Podcast #22

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,813 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
It's been a while since Gordon and I got together for one of these and we had a lot to talk about.

Enjoy!

Lonnie

=============================

Part I

http://www.windingpathdesign.com/tmp/tmp/podcasts/MCPC022a.mp3

---------------------------

Part II

http://www.windingpathdesign.com/tmp/tmp/podcasts/MCPC022b.mp3

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
yeah I enjoyed it as usual lonnie. Keep it up.

Harrison_Crow

Harrison_Crow
  • Members
  • 181 posts
FINALLY got around to listening to the WHOLE podcast with all my errands today. Great discussion, I love hearing Gordon thoughts, but I am curious about a couple of things.

A) Why is Tom Wilhelmsen throwing 100 innings a bad thing? I've actually been advocating it since the start of spring. Him pitching multiple innings would be good. Now, I do agree that him warming up and pitching every day is generally bad. But him pitching 3 out of 7 days and going multiple innings would be a great thing. That said, I understand how you don't generally like his usage at this point.

and

B) Brandon League is a good closer but considering what closers are going for on the market and what someone like the Reds or Giants would pay for I think it would be behoove the Mariners to move him at this point. And if they don't get a good enough offer they can get 2 additional draft picks for him via free agency. Next year we have 4 different guys (Wilhelmsen, Delabar, Kelley, Ruffin) if not closer to 6 (Capps, Pryor, Snow and maybe even Burgoon or Arias) that can step in and be more than serviceable out of the pen.

Not in any way trying to argue with you, there are plenty of different ways to build a ball club. Just trying to generate some good discussion.
Adopt-a-players:

Juan Diaz (YET ANOTHER switch hitting middle infielder) (traded)

Seon Gi Kim (Still waiting for him to come around... )

Brandon Haveman (Loveable depth) (released)

Tyler Blandford (What are the possibilities of a refund at this point?)

So... I got this site where I write at... SodoMojo. If you care to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users