Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dynamic Ticket Pricing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

M's Watcher

M's Watcher

I've got my eye on you...

• Members
  • 1,896 posts
Seeing that the Safe drew only 12,000 fans last night (Can you say Kingdome?), when will we start seeing discounted tickets below list price? Stubhub has some at below list from poor season ticket holders that can't give them away. The team has cut payroll and seems to be expecting lower attendance. It looks like the fans will be meeting those expectations. However, the kids are more interesting to watch than the old entitled vet filler from recent seasons. We see the growing pains now. Before it was just pain without the gain. I think I'll generally stick to watching on TV, go to a few, and maybe some in Tacoma after promotions from AA.

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre
  • Home Run Boosters
  • 6,152 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en

Seeing that the Safe drew only 12,000 fans last night (Can you say Kingdome?), when will we start seeing discounted tickets below list price? Stubhub has some at below list from poor season ticket holders that can't give them away. The team has cut payroll and seems to be expecting lower attendance. It looks like the fans will be meeting those expectations. However, the kids are more interesting to watch than the old entitled vet filler from recent seasons. We see the growing pains now. Before it was just pain without the gain. I think I'll generally stick to watching on TV, go to a few, and maybe some in Tacoma after promotions from AA.

I'm sure the flexible scale will increase prices on bobblehead nights and warmer weather games. Not to mention, they always hit you for a few extra bucks for day of game tickets at the box~office. I'm not crazy about their stance on the new arena. I believe they really blew it. What a perfect way to bring back some fans by supporting a new hockey and basketball team. I think the flex pricing is another bad idea and their excuse is:

"Many other sports franchises are doing it !"

I'm with you, I'd rather watch the kids, then watch the vets who are just trying to last in the league. At least the kids, hustle and play hard, with the occasional blunder. I'd trade Ryan if they could get some minor leaguers for him. He's a great defensive shortstop, but they have Kawasaki riding the pines most of the time, who does a great job. Plus he has the same joy of playing the game that Ryan does.

Minor League Baseball ? Now there's an idea. The local nine are just a couple of months away and I feel a pilgrimage to Tacoma might happen next month.

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players:

Victor "Filthy" Sanchez @ AA Jackson
DJ Petterson @ A High Desert
Luis Liberato @ Everett or Pulaski ?

Former adopt-a-players:

Mike Zunino - In the show
Tom "Clear Head" Wilhelmsen -  In the show
Johan Limonta - AA San Antonio of the Padres System

Greg Halman RIP

victorsanchez.jpg
Victor "Filthy" Sanchez

grande o vete a casa !

Ken Levine Blog

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/

Logger Up !

http://s-caf.org/Oso...e_Donations.php

M's Watcher

M's Watcher

I've got my eye on you...

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

I'm sure the flexible scale will increase prices on bobblehead nights and warmer weather games. Not to mention, they always hit you for a few extra bucks for day of game tickets at the box~office. I'm not crazy about their stance on the new arena. I believe they really blew it. What a perfect way to bring back some fans by supporting a new hockey and basketball team. I think the flex pricing is another bad idea and their excuse is:

"Many other sports franchises are doing it !"

I'm with you, I'd rather watch the kids, then watch the vets who are just trying to last in the league. At least the kids, hustle and play hard, with the occasional blunder. I'd trade Ryan if they could get some minor leaguers for him. He's a great defensive shortstop, but they have Kawasaki riding the pines most of the time, who does a great job. Plus he has the same joy of playing the game that Ryan does.

Minor League Baseball ? Now there's an idea. The local nine are just a couple of months away and I feel a pilgrimage to Tacoma might happen next month.

With only 12k at their games, the M's should have no worries for parking and traffic. Why not have the Sonics arena next door?

Toomany10pins

Toomany10pins
  • Members
  • 638 posts
Like I said during the M's inept and unwillingness to spend during the FA period, since they seem to have a problem reaching for their wallet, I think I'll have the same problem when it comes to shelling out dollars to pay for tickets. Looks like I'm not the only one. The M's near future financial fiasco is "self inflicted", but thats what happens when you have inept bean counters running you organization. It really sucks because I love baseball and love the M's, I guess I'll have to scrape up some free tickets.

BattingPractice

BattingPractice
  • Grand Slam Boosters
  • 664 posts
The M's potentially gave away 46,000 tickets and $230,000 work of food and merchandise. The cash registers on opening day had a glitch that would not let some of them process credit cards. This caused some long lines and frustrated fans. To make things right, the Mariners have offered a new ticket and $5.00 of credit for anyone with opening day tickets. Probably not every one will take them up on their offer so the end totals will probably be less, but still a generous offer in my opinion. I have taken them up on their offer and it was easy.

That said I really dislike their dynamic seat pricing model. It was a way to jack up ticket prices without actually calling it a price increase. They have also increased the concession and merchandising footprint at Safeco field. They have ruined one of the things that I always like about Safeco field. That was the ability to walk around the lower level and except for the batting eye in center, you could pretty much watch the game as you went. Now with the extra booths it has become a lot like most places where you lose contact with the game when you are not in your seat. The pen remodel was great because they used previously wasted space out there (except if you were a smoker) but this years changes have reduced space from fan areas. On crowded days it is no longer easy to move about at the game. Luckily there has only been one of those days this year. But on the light days, the close down a good bit of the concessions so you may have to walk farther for that beer or giant foam hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users