Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/17 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,813 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Hey, did anyone see that the Mariners scored 8 runs tonight? Did anyone notice that they still lost? Most curious, eh?

Tacoma outhit Sacramento and still managed to lose. Jackson sent Tiajuan Walker out to start the game against Mississippi and you can pretty much guess the result. High Desert... Aw, shit man. Clinton snapped defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Tacoma: 5 - 8
Jackson: 9 - 4
High Desert: 8 - 4
Clinton: 3 - 9

System: 25 - 25

System Pitcher of the Day: Taijuan Walker
System Player of the Day: Jesus Sucre

Let's Rock!

===================================

TACOMA RAINIERS 1, SAC-O-SHIT RIVER RATS 5

Ever been curious what a Mauricio Robles typical start looks like? Here it is! Five innings giving up 2 runs on 3 hits, walked 4, struckout 4, and plunked a River Rat, which was just enough performance to lose.

Cesar Jimenez took over in the sixth inning adn threw two really good innings of relief in a tight game. Jimenez gave up nothing on 1 hit, walked and struckout no one.

Chance Ruffin pitched the final frame and... Dammit, Chance! Ruffin gave up 3 runs (2 earned, but who gives a crap?) on 3 hits, walked and struckout no one.

The Rainier offense collected 9 hits and 1 walk to plate their 1 stinkin' run. They were 2 for freakin' 11 with runners in scoring position and stranded China.

SS Carlos Triunfel in the two-hole went 2/3 with a sacrifice and a stolen base.

3B Vinnie Catricala in the four-hole went 1/3 with a two-out ribbie and a walk.

RF Chih-Hsien Chiang in the six-hole went 2/4 with... nothing!

C Guillermo Quiroz in the seven-hole went 1/4 with a double.

-------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 7, MITHITHIPPI BWAVETH 0

Taijuan Walker started. Taijuan Walker pitched well. Taijuan Walker won. Wash, rinse, and repeat...

Young Walker worked six strong innings giving up squat on 2 hits, walked 1, and struckout 7.

Yaa. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Jandy Sena took over in the seventh and pitched three solid frames of relief baseball giving up squat on 2 hits, walked no one, and struckout 1.

The General offense collected 10 hits and 2 walks to plate their 7 runs. They were 4 for 7 and stranded 3.

Big Joseph Dunigan played DH and hit in the three-hole tonight. Dunigan went 2/4 with a homerun, 2 runs scored, and 2 ribbies.

1B Rich Poythress in the four-hole went 2/3 with a double, a run scored, a ribbie, and a walk.

RF Francisco Martinez in the six-hole went 1/4 with a run scored.

C Jesus Sucre in the seven-hole went 2/4 with a double. a run scored, and 3 big ribbies.

2B Gabriel Noriega in the nine-hole went 1/3 with a ribbie.

HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS 3, LANCASTERATION SHITBIRDS 11

Is this really neccessary? Does anyone really want to know the details of this blood-letting? I mean, like, REALLY? Ok, but you were warned.

Chris Sorce started for the Mavericks today, and the steaming piles that he left in and around the mound were both epic and classic. Sorce went an inning and two-thirds giving up....

Shit. I can't do it. I just can't do it. Let's skip to the next pitcher.

Willy Kesler took over for Sorce with two outs in the second inning and two runners on base. Kesler, whose job it is to keep any and all inherited runners from scoring ****ING FAILED!!! Kesler allowed both of Sorce's runners to score, and then over the course of the next three and a third innings gave up 2 runs of his own. The fact that only one run was earned doesn't change my opinion of him at the moment (I reserve the right to crow about Kesler at a later date and declare him the second coming...).

Angel Raga took over for that bastard Kesler in the sixth inning and went on to pitch three rather outstanding innings of relief baseball. Raga gave up nothing on nothing, walked no one, and struckout 4.

Wha? You've never heard of Angel Raga? Jeez, what rock have you been living under? I thought that everyone knew that Angel Raga is a 22 year old from Ciudad Ojeda Zulia, Venezuala who throws from the right side. Last year Raga made his stateside debut with Pulaski in the Appalachain League. Seeing him at High Desert is rather surprising, but if he keeps pitching like this I sure won't complain.

The Maverick offense collected 11 hits and no walks to score their 3 runs. They were 4 for 11 with runners in scoring position and stranded 7.

DH Jack Marder in the leadoff spot went 1/5 with a run scored and a ribbie.

LF Kevin Rivers in the two-hole went 3/4 wth a ribbie.

2B Stefen Romero in the three-hole went 2/4 with a ribbie.

1B Mickey Wiswall in the four-hole went 1/4 with a double.

SS Carlos Ramirez in the eight-hole made his Cal League debut tonight and went 2/4 with a double.

CF Patrick Brady in the nine-hole went 1/4 with a run scored.

CLINTON LUMBERKINGS 1, QUAD CITIES RIVER ASS-BANDITS 2

Man, Stephen Landazuri almost pitched his best game ever today. Almost...

Landazuri went six innings giving up nothing on 2 hits, walked 5... FIVE!!!, and struckout 4.

Kyle Hunter replaced Landazuri in the seventh inning and pitched the final two innings. Hunter, who I have some hopes for, puked up 2 runs on 2 hits, walked 1 and failed to strikeout anyone to take the blown-save and the loss.

The LumberKing offense...

:sick:

...collected just 3 hits, 3 walks, and a Jamal Austin plunking to score their 1 stinkin' run. They were 0 for bloody 5 with runners in scoring position and stranded 4.

Just back away from your monitor, Citizens. There's nothing to see here.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!Lonnie

everblue77

everblue77
  • Members
  • 128 posts
Some minor shuffles taking place in the past week or so.....

AAA
Mike Carp (OF) assiigned
Brian Sweeny (P) activated from DL

AA
Daniel Carroll (OF) put on 7 day DL (lack of production = injury, saw that one coming)
Steve Garrison (P) put on day DL
Jandy Sena (P) to Generals from High Desert
Kalian Sams (OF) to Generals from HD (He wasn't on the HD roster...was in Perioa)

A+
Angel Raga (P) to HD from Peoria

Will be interesting to see what permanent moves they have planned for end of April/first of May . Little too early to move the likes of Pryor, Pax, Hultzen etc., I see that in the June moves but one never knows. However, I think we will see some releases and more DL placements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users