Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/13 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,675 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
There are times when I think that my life would be, if not simpler, at least better without baseball. Thankfully, those moments are few and far between, but with the performance of the M's and their affiliates today....

The Tacoma Rainiers stunk on both ends of the spectrum in a loss. Jackson puked up the lead late in a close game (bastards). High Desert... Holy Shit! High Desert got rained out! Clinton also had a reliever puke up the lead late for a loss (bastards).

Tacoma: 4 - 5
Jackson: 7 - 2
High Desert: 6 - 2
Clinton: 2 - 6

System: 19 - 15

System Pitcher of the Day: Jordan Shipers
System Player of the Day: Carlos Triunfel

Let's Rock!

========================================

TACOMA RAINIERS 1, FRESNO GRIZZLIES 6

Tacoma sent Plains Hail out to the mound because Forrest Snow wasn't available. Hail, stunk. Stinky stanky stunk. Steaming Pile, ya know? Snow... I mean Hail, went just three innings giving up 5 runs on 6 hits, walked 4, and struckout 2 in a collosal losing effort.

Cesar Jimenez took over in the fouth and pitched two innings of workable relief giving up 1 run on 1 hit, walked 1, and struckout 3.

Sean Henn worked the final three frames in very good style giving up nothing on 3 hits, walked no one, and struckout 4.

The Rainier offense collected 8 hits and 1 walk to plate their 1 stinkin' run. They were a putrid 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded 8.

SS Carlos Triunfel in the two-hole went 2/3 with a double and a walk.

1B Luis Jimenez in the five-hole went 1/4 with a double and a K.

C Adam Moore in the six-hole went 1/4 with a double and a run scored.

RF Cha-Ching Chiang in the seven-hole went 2/4 with... nothing.

LF Johan Limonta in the eight-hole went 2/3 with a ribbie and a sac fly.

-------------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 1, TENNESSEE SMOKERS 4

Danny Hultzen went out today to try and secure his first win as a professional baseball pitcher. For five and a third solid innings Hultzen was that and more until this strange thing happened:

Logan Watkins reaches on missed catch error by pitcher Danny Hultzen, assist to first baseman Rich Poythress.

Someone is going to have to explain that to me. I don't know if Poythress gets to share in the error or what... Anyway, this lead to a runner on first with one out. A quick groundout and there were runners on second and third with two outs.
A reliever entered the game at that point and immediately gave up a double to score the two Hultzen runners, erasing the 1-0 lead.

Hultzen's final line was five and two-thirds innings giving up 2 runs on 1 Damn hit, walked 3, and struckout a Paxton-like 9.

The reliever who came in and shit on the mound was Steven Hensley. Hensley went on to throw two innings of steaming pile quality relief giving up 2 runs (1 earned, but who gives a shit...) on 4 hits, walked 1, struckout 1, and plunked a Smoker.

Moises Hernandez entered the game with two outs in the eighth and 2 runners on base (are you paying attention Hensley???) and stonewalled the two of them. Hernanez recorded the final out of the inning.

The General offense was crap. Collecting 8 hits and no walks, 1 run was all they could scratch out. They were bagel for 3 with runners in scoring position and stranded 6.

LF Danny Carroll in the leadoff spot accounted for all of the scoring by the Generals with a solo homerun.

CF Denny Almonte in the two-hole went 3/4 with... nothing.

RF Johermyn Chavez in the six-hole went 1/4 with a double.

CLINTON LUMBERKINGS 2, BELOIT SNAPPERS 5

Jordan Shipers took the mound for the Kings and dominated the game for six solid innings. Shipers gave up just 1 run on 3 hits, walked 2, and struckout 6. It's just too bad that he couldn't go the distance.

Wes Alsup, who is a 42 year old trying to pitch in the Midwest League, took over in the seventh and immediately puked up the lead to tie the game at 1. In the eighth he puked up two more runs to salt the game away for the Snappers. Alsup's final line was an inning and two-thirds pitched giving up 4 runs (3 earned, but who cares?) on 5 hits, walked 2, and struckout 3 to take the blown save and the loss.

Joshua Corrales didn't help matters as he relieved Alsup in the eighth with two outs and the bases loaded. Corrales allowed all three of Alsup's runners to score to put the game out of reach.

The LUmberKing offense collected just 4 ****ing hits today and 2 walks to score their 1 2 freakin' runs. They were shit for 10 with runners in scoring position and stranded China.

3B Ramon Morla in the four-hole (why???) went 0/3 with a run scored, a walk, and 2 K's.

1B Jharmidy De Jesus in the five-hole went 2/4 with... nothing.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!

Lonnie

Harrison_Crow

Harrison_Crow
  • Members
  • 181 posts
Ramon Morla has pretty good power and while he wouldn't be my 4 hole hitter at Clinton, he's not a crazy option.
Adopt-a-players:

Juan Diaz (YET ANOTHER switch hitting middle infielder) (traded)

Seon Gi Kim (Still waiting for him to come around... )

Brandon Haveman (Loveable depth) (released)

Tyler Blandford (What are the possibilities of a refund at this point?)

So... I got this site where I write at... SodoMojo. If you care to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users