Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SERIES #3: SEATTLE VS OAKLAND

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: SERIES #3: SEATTLE VS OAKLAND (16 member(s) have cast votes)

How will Seattle fare against Oakland?

1. 3 - 0 (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. 2 - 1 (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

3. 1 - 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. phred (0 - 3) (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. wufners (x - r) (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,678 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Series #2 kicks off tonight and it is also the home opener for the Mariners. Did I really have to add that last little bit of info?

The last series may not have gone the way that we would have liked, but when put into the framework of a 4 - 4 roadtrip, it becomes much more palatable.

I predict that we go 2 - 1 in this series against Oakland.

==================================================

Game #9 - April 13th

Posted Image

--------------------------------------

Game #10 - April 14th

Posted Image

--------------------------------------

Game #9 - April 15th

Posted Image

DaddyO

DaddyO
  • Boosters
  • 2,454 posts

The last series may not have gone the way that we would have liked, but when put into the framework of a 4 - 4 roadtrip, it becomes much more palatable.

I agree with this. If the M's finished .500 for the season, that would be big step forward. Well, they're .500 after playing 8 games, not a single one of them in Safeco Field, four of them against the AL champs two years running, and after being saddled with the whole Japan trip as part of it. I'll take it.

Now let's see how things go from here. Hopefully it won't take too long (a month, or two at most) for non-working parts to be identified and swapped out. We have replacements waiting in the wings if needed.

Now that Smoak is looking more comfortable at the plate and Montero, despite settling for singles, is starting to hit a bit too, I'm much more comfortable with our offense. My primary concern right now is the bullpen.
---------------------

There's an old saying, "The Proof Is In The Pudding."

Mariners 2012: It's Puddin' Time
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Posted Image

BattingPractice

BattingPractice
  • Grand Slam Boosters
  • 662 posts
Opening Day is finally here. :) It is usually a holiday in my household, but this year I am working a half day before heading down to Safeco Field. With the real opening day being a dimming memory of some late/early Japanese thing, the normal excitement is not quite there yet. Hopefully I will be rejuvenated when the gates open today. It is always a special time to walk into stadium, watch batting practice, visit with old baseball friends and get ready for baseball in Seattle once again. It will be nice to forget about all of the cynical blogs, bashing of management, dire predictions of doom, and enjoy the game of baseball for what it is.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts
We should sweep these clowns. Hopefully Montero and Smoak start to pick up. I also look forward to seeing less of Olivo I don't really understand why Wedge is holding Montero back from catching.

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,678 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

We should sweep these clowns. Hopefully Montero and Smoak start to pick up. I also look forward to seeing less of Olivo I don't really understand why Wedge is holding Montero back from catching.

I have come to trust Eric da Wedgie in his handling of the players, so I figure he has his reasons.

6-pak-abs

6-pak-abs

Son of Ninkasi!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 1,403 posts
  • Interests:Mariners, Huskies, Seahawks, Homebrewing
Get out the brooms!
Adopt a player: Justin Seager

Chili

Chili
  • Members
  • 29 posts
Since he's in the lineup, isn't it better to see Olivo batting 8th than 4th (which he did way too many times last year)?

DaddyO

DaddyO
  • Boosters
  • 2,454 posts

Since he's in the lineup, isn't it better to see Olivo batting 8th than 4th (which he did way too many times last year)?

Amen to that. The hardest part about last year and the offense was the total lack of upside for too many people put in key spots in the batting order, especially in the first half. Once you knew Jack Cust was done, he was done, and there's nothing you could do about it. But he kept batting in the MOTO, just like Olivo.

This year, we have any number of players who may end up having growing pains, but some of them might start hitting like Seager has so far.
---------------------

Posted Image

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 7,899 posts
329 10 7. Anyone here?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts

329 10 7. Anyone here?

I'm here.

Felix SO"s the first batter of the night.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 881 posts
Great start for Felix.
The Seattle Mariners: the Obamacare of baseball

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts

Great start for Felix.

yup yup hopefully he'll be in top form tonight.

Ackley with a base hit.

I have come to trust Eric da Wedgie in his handling of the players, so I figure he has his reasons.

Who do you think are our 9 best players?

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 13 April 2012 - 06:21 PM.

Highlife

Highlife
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Had a bunch, then got married. Kidding, mostly. M's, Cougs, fishing, family.

Great start for Felix.

Indeed, great start.

Quick Hi to Lonnie and everybody else who keeps this site running, much appreciated all. Enjoy all your insights and comments. I will as always be lurking around this season.

Cheers all,

Highife
I have come to the conclusion that the two most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen. ~ Bob Lemon (GO COUGS!)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts
:smileygaah:

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,746 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
The ump gave them another run there. That was strike 3 on Crisp and he was afraid to call it
2013 Mariners MVP (Last Update: July 31)
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

DaddyO

DaddyO
  • Boosters
  • 2,454 posts
Felix is gettin' HIT.
---------------------

Posted Image

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts
Smoak and Montero need to start bringing the lumber.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 13 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,746 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
And Colon isn't
2013 Mariners MVP (Last Update: July 31)
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts

And Colon isn't

For what it's worth I don't think Felix would get hit if he pitched against the M's.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,259 posts
At least Montero got a hit. If Ichiro would of been at 2nd he would of scored. I'm not sure I understand the strategy for the M's. Hopefully Saunders does some damage.

This pitch FX thing is driving me nuts are these guys swinging at balls ? Or is it really close ?

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 13 April 2012 - 07:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users