Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/12 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,821 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Jeez, did yesterday ever end or did it just kind of bleed into today? I'm a wee bit tired tonight, so some of these recaps may be a bit bare-boned.

Tacoma dropped their game against Colorado Springs late (bastards). Jackson took on Tennessee today with Brandon Maurer, and the kid pitched a pretty good game for a win. High Desert spanked Inland Empire. Clinton bashed early and Stephen Landazuri pitched about as well as I have ever seen him throw (sort of) for a win.

Tacoma: 4 - 4
Jackson: 7 - 1
High Desert: 6 - 2
Clinton: 2 - 5

System: 19 - 12

System Pitcher of the Day: Stephen Landazuri
System Player of the Day: Steven Baron

Let's do dis!

============================================

TACOMA RAINIERS 3, COLORADO SPRINGS SKY SOX 9

Chance Ruffin and Oliver Perez are haters!

Mauricio Robles started for the Rainiers and pitched with mixed results. He went just four and two-thirds innings giving up 3 runs on 2 hits, walked 4, struckout 5, and uncorked a wild one.

Shawn Kelley relieved Robles in the fifth with two outs and a runner on base. Kelley put in one of his best performances over the course of the next two and a third innings that I've metaphorically seen in almost two years. Kelley gave up nothing on nothing, walked 1, and struckout 5.

Chance Ruffin took over in the eighth and put in a good inning of work. Ruffin then came out to pitch the ninth with the game score tied at 3. Oh, the horror... Ruffin was able to record just one out in the ninth while giving up a diaper-load of runs. Ruffin's final line was an inning and a third pitched giving up 6 runs on 1 hit, walked 3, struckout 2, uncorked a wild one, and plunked a Sky Sock. Now that was a steaming pile of epic and classic proportions!

But wait, there's more! It appears that Oliver Perez, who relieved Ruffin in the ninth with one out and the bases juiced play a part in this trajedy. Perez inherited 3 of Ruffin's runners, and allowed all freakin' three to score.

Bastard!

The Rainier offense collected just 8 hits and 2 walks to plate their 3 runs. They were a pitiful 1 for 8 with runners in scoring position and stranded 5.

CF Trayvon Robinson had a good night in the leadoff spot going 1/3 with a solo homerun, and scored 2 runs.

RF Chih-Hsien Chiang in the two-hole went 0/2 with a walk and a sacrifice.

1B Luis Jimenez in the four-hole went 2/4 with solo homerun with 2 ribbies.

C Adam Moore in the five-hole went 2/4 with a double and a k.

LF Johan Limonta in the six-hole went 2/4 with a k.

-----------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 4, TENNESSEE SMOKERS 1

Youngster Brandon Maurer may not carry the cache that some of this pitcher breathren carry with them, but the kid did not let that deter him today. Maurer went five innings giving up 1 run on 7 hits, walked 3, struckout 2, and plunked a Smoker.

Brian Moran took over in the sixth and threw an inning and a third of decent relief. Moran gave up nothing on 2 hits, walked and struckout no one.

Stephen Pryor relieved Moran with one out in the seventh and a runner on base in a very tight game (1-1). Pryor, who normally pitches as the team closer actually worked a season high two and two-thirds innings givingup nothing on nothing, walked no one, and struckout two. Pryor faced exactly eight batters and set them all done in order. The offense woke up late and made a winner out of Pryor.

The General offense collected just 7 hits and 3 walks to score their 4 runs. They were 2 for 8 with runners in scoring position and stranded 4.

This game was knotted up at 1 run apiece from the second inning on as neither offense could string enough hits together to push across a run. In the top of the eighth the Generals changed things by...

- Eric Campbell walks.
- Offensive Substitution: Pinch runner Daniel Carroll replaces Eric Campbell.
- Jesus Sucre singles on a bunt ground ball to pitcher Alberto Cabrera. Daniel Carroll to 2nd.
- Mario Yepez singles on a ground ball to center fielder James Adduci. Daniel Carroll scores. Jesus Sucre to 2nd.
- Denny Almonte called out on strikes.
- Nick Franklin walks. Jesus Sucre to 3rd. Mario Yepez to 2nd.
- With Francisco Martinez batting, passed ball by Michael Brenly, Jesus Sucre scores. Mario Yepez to 3rd. Nick Franklin to 2nd.
- Francisco Martinez grounds out, pitcher Alberto Cabrera to shortstop Elliot Soto to first baseman Justin Bour. Mario Yepez scores. Nick Franklin to 3rd.
- Rich Poythress strikes out on foul tip.

Game, set, and match. Kinda.

DH Joseph Dunigan in the five-hole went 1/4 with a run scored and a stolen base.

2B Eric Campbell in the seven-hole went 2/2 with a double, a ribbie, and a walk.

Gabby Noriega entered the game as a defensive replacement, but still managed to go 1/1 in the seven-hole.

C Jesus Sucre in the eight-hole went 1/4 with a run scored.

LF Mario Yepez in the nine-hole went 1/3 with a run scored and a ribbie.

HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS, INLAND EMPIRE 66ER'S

James Gillheeney stood on the bump for the Mavericks last night and had a really good outting. Gillheeney went five and a third innings giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 7 hits, walked no one, struckout 3, and uncorked a wild one for the win, his second.

Converted catcher Jonanthan Arias relieved Gillheeney in the sixth with a runner on base. Arias got the Mavericks out of the sixth and went on to pitch two and two-thirds innings of high quality relief baseball. Arias gave up nothing on nothing, walked 1, struckout 3, and uncorked a wild one.

Tyler Burgoon pitched the final frame working around a hit to seal the deal.

The Maverick offense collected 8 hits, 6 walks, and a Jack Marder plunking to score their 6 runs. They were 3 for 10 with runners in scoring position and stranded 7.

DH Jack Marder in the leadoff position continues to dominate the California League. Marder went 2/3 with 2 runs scored, a walk, and got caught stealing for the second time this year.

SS Brad Miller in the two-hole went 0/4 with a run scored, a walk, 2 k's, and his (GULP) 8th error on the year.

2B Stefen Romero in the three-hole erny 1/4 with a ribbie, a walk, and a stolen base.

C John Hicks in the four-hole went 0/4 with a run scored, a walk, and 2 strikeouts.

1B Steven Proscia in the five-hole went 0/2 with a ribbie, 2 walks, and a K.

RF Julio Morban in the six-hole went bug-nuts tonight going 3/4 with a run scored and 2 ribbies.

LF Mike McGee in the seven-hole went 1/4 with a double and a ribbie.

CF Patrick Brady in the nine-hole went 1/4 with a solo homerun and a k.

CLINTON LUMBERKINGS 5, BELOIT SNAPPERS 2

Solid starting pitching + Solid relief pitching + Just enough offense = LumberKings victory!!! Yaaay!!!

Stephen Landazuri was in fact solid as he worked five and two-thirds innings giving up 2 runs on 4 hits, walked 3, struckout 7, and plunked a Snapper for a win.

Tim Griffin relieved Landazuri with two outs in the sixth and two runners on base. Griffin allowed just one runner to score (Bastard), but otherwise worked a solid two and a third innings. Griffin gave up nothing on nothing, walked 2, struckout 1, and uncorked a wild one.

John Taylor pitched the final frame, faced the minimum, and picked up his first save on the year.

The LumberKings offense collected 9 hits, 2 walks, and a Ramon Morla plunking to score their 5 runs. They were 3 for 12 with runners in scoring position and stranded 9.

CF Jamal Austin in the leadoff spot went 2/5 with a run scored and a ribbie.

3B Ramon Morla in the four-hole went 1/3 with a double, a run scored, a strikeout, a stolen base, and, of course, sore ribs.

1B Jharmidy De Jesus in the five-hole went 1/4 with 2 big ribbies and a strikeout.

C Steven Baron in the seven-hole is off to a great start this year and had yet another good day at the dish. Today, Baron went 2/4 with 2 doubles, 2 runs scored, and a strikeout.

RF Alfredo Morales in the eight-hole went 2/4 with a run scored.

SS Anthony Phillips in the nine-hole went 0/1 with a ribbie, a walk, a sacrifice, and a sac fly.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!

Lonnie

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts
The System uncorked 5 wild ones! Might have been 8, but I don't know if the plunks were uncorked or deliberate.
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,821 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

The System uncorked 5 wild ones! Might have been 8, but I don't know if the plunks were uncorked or deliberate.

Have you worked out the correlation between wild ones, plunkings, and wins? That might prove, at the very least, entertaining!

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,084 posts

Have you worked out the correlation between wild ones, plunkings, and wins? That might prove, at the very least, entertaining!

System wins had 0.79 wild pitch/plunk per game, losses 1.00 per game.

Don't uncork! I uncorked a bottle before going wild with the data, and then got plunked by my sweetheart for a loss! :annoyed:
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,821 posts

System wins had 0.79 wild pitch/plunk per game, losses 1.00 per game.

Don't uncork! I uncorked a bottle before going wild with the data, and then got plunked by my sweetheart for a loss! :annoyed:

Thanks to the Vicodin that I had to take after my last knee surgery I was corked for several days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users