Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/11 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,676 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Wow, was it ever a long day of baseball! It seemed like I had hardly anytime to do my usual goofing off! First the Jackson Generals started play at 10:00 or so this morning, and it was televised, and it was a James Paxton start, so I had to watch, right? Then there was a couple of hours of goofing off and then the High Desert Mavericks played. Soon after that game ended it was time for the Mariners to play. Then, after the M's game I listened in to the Rainier's game which didn't end until just a few minutes ago (11:35 pm here in Colorado).

I love it...

Tacoma beat the living crap out of Colorado Springs for a win. Jackson got into a Hell of a pitching duel today in an James Paxton start and won it late. High Desert had their lunches handed to them. Clinton damn near got no hit for a loss.

System Pitcher of the Day: James Paxton
System Player of the Day: Guillermo Quiroz

Tacoma: 4 - 3
Jackson: 6 - 1
High Desert: 5 - 2
Clinton: 1 - 5

System: 20 - 11

Let's Rock!

=============================================

TACOMA RAINIERS 15, COLORADO SPRINGS SKY SOX 5

Four guys pitched for the Rainiers tonight, but only one is worth talking about (of sorts).

Jeff Marquez isn't the guy who is worth talking about, but I'm feeling generous. Marquez went five innings giving up 2 runs on 9 hits, walked no one, struckout 3, and uncorked a wild one. For his effort Marquez was awarded the win as the offense went bonkers.

Sean Henn isn't the guy who is worth talking about, but I'm again feeling generous. Henn pitched just one inning giving up 3 runs (1 earned) on 3 hits, walked 1, and struckout no one.

Charlie Furbush had some issues in his one inning of work, but manned up and kepth it under control. Furbush gave up nothing even though he walked the first two batters and the third got aboard via an error to load them up. Chucky walked 2 and struckout 1.

Oh, in case you were wondering, Chucky IS the guy who is worth talking about.

Josh Kinney pitched the final two frames with no damage, striking out 2 in the process.

The Rainier offense had been pretty much constipated for the first six games of the season, and tonight the plug came out. The Rainiers collected 22 hits and 1 walk to score their 15 runs. They were an impressive 11 for 24 with runners in scoring position while stranding 8.

This is going to take a bit of time...

Leadoff hitter CF Trayvon Robinson went 3/6 with a ribbie, 3 freakin' strikeouts, and stole his first base of the year.

SS Carlos Triunfel in the two-hole went 1/6 with a run scored and a ribbie.

3B Vinnie Catricala in the three-hole went 2/5 with a run scored and a ribbie.

Four-holer 1B Luis Jimenez went 3/5 with a double and 3 runs scored.

DH Adam Moore in the five-hole went 3/5 with 2 runs scored, a ribbie, and 2 strikeouts.

RF Chih-Hsien Chiang in the six-hole went 3/5 with 2 runs scored.

C Guillermo Quiroz in the seven-hole went 2/5 with a double and a homerun, scored a run, and drove in 4.

LF Johan Limonta in the eight-hole went 2/4 with a homerun, 3 runs scored, 4 ribbies, a walk, and a K.

2B Scott Savastano in the nine-hole went 3/5 with a double, a run scored, and a ribbie.

---------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 2, TENNESSEE SMOKIES 1

Wow, this might have been the most exciting game played in the minor leagues today. James Paxton made his second start of the year, and while he didn't exactly match his 2012 debut performance, he didn't exactly stink... Not even close. Paxton went just four and two-thirds innings as he kept getting into 2-2 or even 3-2 counts and slammed up against his pitch-count limit. As such, Paxton walked his first batter of the year, but it was just one. Strikeout wise, he sent 7 back to the dugout bewildered at what they had just seen. Paxton gave up 1 run on 4 hits.

Steven Garrison relieved Paxton in the fifth with two outs and a runner on base. Garrison did Paxton a solid by stonewalling the runner and got the Generals out of the inning. Garrison went on to pitch two and a third innings of stellar relief giving up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 2.

Bobby LaFromboise took over in the eighth and threw two innings of high-quality relief giving up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 4. For his hard work, LaFromboise was awarded the W when the offense took control in the ninth inning.

Not a bad performance at all by the pitching corps. 13 strikeouts and just 1 walk? I'll take three of those, please.

The General offense went up against a pretty damn good pitcher today and just couldn't get anything going. Limited to just hits and 4 walks, the O barely scored their 2 runs. They were 1 for 6 with runners in scoring position and stranded 8.

LF Daniel Carroll in the leadoff spot went 1/5 and struckout 2 times. This is usually not worth meantioning, but leading up to today Carroll had been 0 for 2012.

SS Nick Franklin in the two-hole went 0/2 with 2 walks.

1B Rich Poythress in the four-hole went 1/3 with a double, a run scored, and a walk.

DH Joseph Dunigan in the five-hole went 1/3 with a ribbie.

Francisco Martinez relieved Dunigan and went 1/1.

3B Eric Campbell in the seven-hole went 1/3 with a run scored, a homerun, a ribbie, a walk, and a strikeout.

HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS 6, SAN JOSE GIANTS 10

Buddy, can you loan me a break?

Today just wasn't a good day to pitch for Chris Sorce. While I've seen taller steaming piles, Sorce's steamer was pretty damn big. Sorce went five and two-third innings giving up 5 runs on 7 hits, walked 3, and struckout 4. The offense bailed him out a bit so he did not get tagged with the "L".

Carson Smith relieved Sorce in the sixth inning with a runner on base and two outs. This time around Smith had a much better performance than his debut a few days ago. Today, Smith went an inning and a third, gave up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 1.

Austin Hudson took over in the eighth, and between his own suckitude and some craptastic defensive play, took the loss. Hudson went two innings giving up 6 runs (3 earned) on 6 hits, walked 1, struckout 2, and uncorked a wild one.

The Maverick offense just couldn't get anything going today. They collected 10 hits and 4 walks to score their 6 runs. They were 3 for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded 6.

DH Jack Marder in the leadoff spot continues to "marder" the ball. Today, Jack went 2/4 with 2 runs scored, a home run, 2 ribbies, a walk, and his 5th stolen base.

SS Brad Miller in the two-hole did not committ an error today! Yay! At the plate he went 1/4 with a run scored, a walk, and a strikeout.

2B Stefen Romero in the three-hole went 2/5 with a double, a run scored, 2 ribbies, a strikout, a stolen base, and a caught stealing.

C John Hicks in the four-hole went 2/4 with a double, a run scored, and a ribbie.

1B Steven Proscia in the five-hole went 1/3 with a double, a walk, and a strikeout.

LF Mike McGee in the seven-hole went1/3 with a walk and a K.

Julio Morban was lifted early in the game for an undisclosed injury.

CLINTON LUMBERKINGS 1, CEDAR RAPIDS KERNALS 3

Just looking at the score you may assume that this was a pretty good game. Well, it was if you are a Kernal fan...

Ambioris Hidalgo started for the Kings and had a decent game. Hidalgo went six innings giving up 2 runs on 3 hits, walked 3, and struckout 3 to take the loss.

Stephen Kohlscheen took over in the seventh and pitched two innings of "meh" baseball. Kohlscheen gave up 1 run on 4 hits, walked 1, and struckout 1.

The LumberKings offense was MIA. I don't mean to write that to appear amusing, I mean that the offense actually wasn't there for eight solid innings of play. For eight innings, the LumberKings were being no-hit. In the ninth inning the Kings had a minor eruption that not only produced three hits, but also a run to kill the shutout as well.

Ok, so... The Kings collected 3 hits and 4 walks to score their 1 stinking run. They were 1 for 8 with runners in scoring position and stranded 7.

This will be quick...

2B Daniel Paolini in the two-hole went 1/4 with a double.

RF Jabari Blash in the three-hole went 1/3 with a double, a run scored, a walk, and a K.

1B Jharmidy De Jesus in the five-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!

Lonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users