Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

04/08 Mariner's Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,798 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Sorry for not getting this out last night, but it was Easter and as is my want I drank heavily and passed out underneanth our Easter Tree...

Tacoma starter Forrest Snow got caught in a heat wave and his vaunted snow flake induced pitches wilted in the heat for a loss. Jackson starter Danny Hultzen struckout a ton of batters, but also walked more than his share and gave up too many hits and runs in a loss. High Desert got a mixed start out of George Mieses, but the offense took care of business once again in a win. Clinton, being God-fearing individuals took the day off and did not play.

Tacoma: 2 - 2
Jackson: 3 - 1
High Desert: 4 - 0
Clinton: 1 - 2

System Pitcher of the Day: There was no standout pitching performance yesterday.
System Position Player of the Day: Brad Miller

Let's do dis!

===========================================

TACOMA RAINERS 2, SALT LAKE BEES 8

I bet that Forrest will want to forget this start. Snow worked five innings giving up 4 runs on 4 hits (2 HR), walked 5.... FIVE! Struckout 4 and plunked a bee. I'd want to forget this too.

Sean Henn took over in the sixth and didn't fare any better than Snow. Henn went two innings giving up 4 runs on 5 hits, walked 1, and struckout 1. I guess the arguement can be made that Henn actually pitched worse than Snow.

Josh Kinney took over in the eighth and pitched two frames of solid relief. Kinney gave up nothingon 2 hits, walked no one, and struckout 3.

The Rainier offense collected 8 hits and 2 walks to score their 2 runs. They were 0 for 5 with runners in scoring position and stranded 7.

This'll be quick...

CF Trayvon Robinson in the leadoff spot went 2/4 with a triple.

DH Luis Antonio Jimenez (which is spanish for Godzilla) in the four-hole went 2/3 with a solo homerun, a run scored, a ribbie, and a walk.

C Guillermo Quiroz in the five-hole went 1/4 with a solo homerun, a run scored, and a ribbie.

See? Told you that it would be quick.

-----------------------------------

JACKSON GENERALS 2, BIRMINGHAM BARONS 9

Danny Hultzen made his professional debut last night, and all I can say is that not everyone can be Andrew Carraway. Hultzen struckout his share of batters, but he also walked way too many and gave up way too many hits. The consequence, of course, was too many runs scored against him and he got tagged with his first professional loss. Hultzen went just four innings giving up 5 runs on 4 hits, walked 3, struckout an impressive 7, and uncorked a wild one.

Yoervis Medina took over in the fifth when Hultzen loaded up the bases with no one out. Medina didn't do Hultzen any favors as he allowed all three of his runs. The Funky Cold one went on to work two and two-thirds innings giving up 1 run on 2 hits (HR), walked 3, and struckout 4.

Bobby LaFromboise relieved Medina with two outs and a runner on base in the seventh inning. Unlike Medina, LaFromboise was solid as he stonewalled the runner and got the Generals out of the inning. The eighth inning was a different story all together as LaFromboise fell apart and got lunched. All told, Bobby went an inning and a third giving up 3 runs (2 earned) on 4 hits, walked 1, and struckout 2.

Steven Hensley, working out of the bullpen this year, took over in the ninth and pitched around a hit to end the game.

The General offense was MIA, kind of. Collecting just 3 hits, the Generals also walked an otherworldly 8 times to score their 2 runs. They were 1 for 8 with runners in scoring position and stranded 8.

This too shall be quick...

SS Nick Franklin in the two-hole failed to collect multiple hits for the first time this year, but none-the-less had a good night at the plate. Franklin went 1/3 with a double, 2 ribbies, and a walk.

C Jesus Sucre in the eight-hole went 1/3 with a run scored and a walk.

Nine-holer 2B Gabby Noriega went 1/3 with a run scored and a walk.

See?

HIGH DESERT MAVERICKS 8, LANCASTER JETHAWKS 6

George "El Toro" Mieses started for the Mavericks yesterday and had mixed results. He went five innings, which is good, but gave up 3 runs (2 earned), which is bad(ish). He allowed 6 hits, which is ok, but 2 of those were homeruns, which is definately bad. He walked 1, which is good, but struckout 3 which is... ok, that is good too. Actually, the offense busy beating the Hell out of the opposing pitcher, so when El Toro left the game he was in line to pick up the "W". Maybe the best thing about El Toro's outting is that he induced 10 groundouts versus just 2 flyouts.

Tyler Burgoon took over in the sixth and pitched a clean frame. The Goon then came out to pitch the seventh and the wheels fell off. All told, Burgoon went an inning and a third giving up 3 runs on 4 hits (HR), walked 1, struckout 2, and plunked a JetHawk. All that and all he got was a blown save!

Jose Jimenez relieved Burgoon with one out in the seventh and got the Mavericks out of the inning with no further damage. Jimenez went on to record two outs in the eighth and was lifted for a better matchup. Jimenez's line was one inning pitched giving up nothing on nothing, walked no one, and struckout no one.

Austin Hudson relieved Jimenez in the eighth with one out and the bases clear. Hudson completed the final inning and two-thirds in fine style giving up nothing on 1 hit, walked no one, and struckout 1.

The Maverick offense, as is their want, were not nice to the JetHawk pitchers they faced. The Mav's collected 10 hits and 5 walks to plate their 8 runs. They were 6 for 16 with runners in scoring position and stranded 6.

This will be kind of quick...

DH Jack Marder in the leadoff position went 0/4, but walked once and stole his 3rd base on the year.

SS Brad Miller in the two-hole is in full-on beast mode. Or, should I say he is in full-on 500lb gorilla mode? Yesterday Miller pounded his chest and bellowed mightily as he went 3/4 with a double and 2 homeruns. Miller scored 3 runs, drove in 2, and walked 1 time. THAT is a pretty nice day at the plate.

LF Mike McGee in the three-hole went 2/3 with a double, a run scored, a ribbie, a walk, a strikeout, and a stolen base (his first). Double M looks like he took the buffet approach at the plate, eh?

C John Hicks in the five-hole went 2/4 with a double, 2 runs scored, and a ribbie.

RF James Jones in the six-hole went 1/4 with a run scored, 2 ribbies, a strikeout, and a stolen base.

Seven-holer 3B Mario Martinez went 1/3 with a double, a ribbie, and a walk.

2B Patrick Brady in the nine-hole went 1/4 with a ribbie and a strikeout.

Piss on the fire and call in the dogs. I'm outta here!

Lonnie

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,291 posts
The Rainiers are currently in first place despite splitting the series with the Bees. OK, they're also in second place, third place and last place because every team in the division is now 2 - 2. Vasquez will be starting tonight, but so far the only starting pitcher that's been decent is Robles.

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users