Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2012 Keeper & Dynasty leagues

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
hey so when will the threads for this be started? the official ones :)
To Everything There is a Season, and a Time to Every Purpose Under Heaven

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts
Hopefully soon. I can't wait for fantasy baseball season to hit high gear.

IM

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
the one plus of pineda going to the yankees for me is that he will be able to win games for my team now :)

55panhead

55panhead
  • Home Run Boosters
  • 527 posts

the one plus of pineda going to the yankees for me is that he will be able to win games for my team now :)

And Montero gets 600 at bats as my catcher

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts

And Montero gets 600 at bats as my catcher

lol... with 12 rbi opps all year

CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler
  • Members
  • 2,256 posts
So Yahoo FB opens up tomorrow then?

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
Hello everyone, I'll get the leagues up sometime this week, tomorrow if I can. I am currently out of the country for the next couple months and my access to the internet is a little suspect (no phone and no computer on some weekends). Is there anyone who is willing to help get the leagues set up? Preferably someone who is in both leagues.

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts

Hello everyone, I'll get the leagues up sometime this week, tomorrow if I can. I am currently out of the country for the next couple months and my access to the internet is a little suspect (no phone and no computer on some weekends). Is there anyone who is willing to help get the leagues set up? Preferably someone who is in both leagues.

I can help. Just let me know what you need me to do.

Ben

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 8,786 posts
Yahoo! is open!

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
wooooohooooo

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts
I see we can declare keepers right through yahoo this year.

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
really? cool

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts
I wonder how many owners we'll have to replace this year. Anything I can do to help let me know Ethan. I'm in Dynasty only though.

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts

I wonder how many owners we'll have to replace this year. Anything I can do to help let me know Ethan. I'm in Dynasty only though.

if there are droputs the teams should be contracted instead of replaced
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 8,786 posts

if there are droputs the teams should be contracted instead of replaced

Contracted? I'm in a league that went from 20 to 12. It sucks. The level of talent is unrealistic. The best way in a Dynasty league to keep owners is to have rules that allow for turnover. 20 keepers is way too much. There is no reason to make trades or anything.

20 teams I feel is very nice. It keeps teams somewhat real.

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts

Contracted? I'm in a league that went from 20 to 12. It sucks. The level of talent is unrealistic. The best way in a Dynasty league to keep owners is to have rules that allow for turnover. 20 keepers is way too much. There is no reason to make trades or anything.

20 teams I feel is very nice. It keeps teams somewhat real.

12 is too little. 16-18 would be better, especially in the dynasty. only way 20 is going to keep working in the dynasty league is if the # of keepers decreases as you say. 20 is too much with 20 teams. teams at the bottem are goining to saty at the bottem with no hope when their isn't enough talent in the fa pool or enough talent to trade for upgrades. you need some turnover or the bottem teams are jus going to keep quitting.
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts
I agree that 16 or 18 teams is where this needs to go. We essentially played in a 16 team league last year. Four teams never made a move all season. But I understand it'll never go back to 20. Expansion later would be impossible. My guess is at least those four owners will not return and probably one or two additional. That seems to be the norm. I would like to suggest getting to 16 owners and then doing a kind of weighted redistribution of the defunct teams. Something like doing a one or two round draft (off-line of coarse) among the non play-off teams. This would be an immediately tremendous boost to the struggling teams. We all know there are some game changers on those teams we are talking about. Then everyone could shave down to 20 and we could do the regular five round yahoo thing, hopefully with better results. This would mean the non play-off teams would have all got two or three picks before the stronger teams started picking. If that doesn't level the field I don't know what will. Something along those lines could also be done with the defunct minor league rosters as well. The only thing I can think of that may be a little unfair here is that some non play-off teams are just as strong as the ones who got in. But I guess they won't be getting the cream either, in theory.
We all know there's gonna be disagreement about the number of keepers, we went through that last year. I, for one,would rather not do it again. For one thing, Ethan doesn't have the time for that this year. So I think with the sweetened one time ante we should stay at 20 for at least another year. I see no perfect solution here, just trying to help find a way to make this work.
What do you think Ethan? Doc? Phred? Anyone?

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
hey has the league been turned on yet?

i clicked the 'send reminder' button, and its dissapeared from my lists

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts

hey has the league been turned on yet?

i clicked the 'send reminder' button, and its dissapeared from my lists

No

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
Sorry guys my internet has been down for the past couple days. I set up the leagues and I think it should send an e-mail confirmation. A lot of people had hidden e-mails though and I'm not sure if it will get through to them, if you need the league ID and password just message me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users