Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

pineda traded

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
Brandon League - R - Mariners According to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com, the Mariners are close to a trade for a "young impact hitter."
No word on which team they are talking to, but Crasnick was told that it is a "significant trade" and that closer Brandon League is not part of the return package. The Mariners finished dead last in the majors last season with 556 runs scored and haven't made any major additions to their offense this winter. Source: Jerry Crasnick on Twitter Jan 13 - 7:03 PM

http://www.rotoworld...seball?r=1&rw=1

Mariners Close To Deal For "Young Impact Hitter"
By Mark Polishuk [January 13 at 6:06pm CST]
The Mariners have moved closer to a trade that would net them a "young impact hitter," reports ESPN's Jerry Crasnick. A source calls the trade "significant" and says Brandon League is not part of the deal (both links via Twitter).

http://www.mlbtrader...act-hitter.html

Jerry Crasnick@jcrasnick view full profile →
PhiladelphiaBaseball writer for ESPN.com and Baseball America
Tweets•778
Following•50,951
Followers•2,679
Listed. .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Tweets
»
jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick
It's a "significant trade,'' says one source. And Brandon League is not part of the return package.
23 minutes ago » jcrasnick Jerry Crasnick
The #Mariners are moving closer to a trade for a young impact hitter, two baseball sources confirmed.

Edited by phredmojo, 13 January 2012 - 04:46 PM.

RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

@StoneLarry
Larry Stone
Wouldn't be surprised if deal referenced by @jcrasnick involves Michael Pineda and Jesus Montero. Rumblings in that direction.

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
@JonHeymanCBS
Jon Heyman montero is traded for pineda
6 minutes ago via web
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

wufners

wufners
  • Moderators
  • 2,044 posts
Wow. That sure happened fast. At least from rumor to completion it did.
That's spelled: Zduriencik

TopCat

TopCat

The Immovable Object

• Members
  • 2,412 posts
  • Interests:Disorderliness, Unruliness, Hotheadedness, Intractableness, and just an all around swell guy to be with!
I ****ing hate this deal. HATE IT. We damned well better be getting more than this.

6e2ovq.jpg

Too soon?

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman
#yankees tried for #felix before acquiring pineda. #mariners wouldnt budge. #yanks woulda offered montero/banuelos/betances/etc./etc
7 minutes ago »

JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman #yankees tried for #felix before acquiring pineda. #mariners wouldnt budge. #yanks woulda offered montero/banuelos/betances/etc./etc »

JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman
montero was the hitter the mariners wanted, pineda fills need for yankees.
10 minutes ago »

JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman montero was the hitter the mariners wanted, pineda fills need for yankees. »

JonHeymanCBS Jon Heyman
trade involves more players than that tho. @StoneLarry suggested it first
14 minutes ago

Edited by phredmojo, 13 January 2012 - 04:54 PM.

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
Greg Johns reporting other names.

No confirmation from team, but source says Mariners sending Pineda and Jose Campos to Yankees for Jesus Montero/Hector Noesi.

DannyCore

DannyCore
  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Seattle Sports Scene, Fishing, xbox 360, outdoors stuff, nachos.
I like it, so far that is. We have a bunch of pitching on the way and with Vargas being the only lefty in the rotation I had a feeling Pineda was on the way out. What's next Z? Forcing ichiros retirement? ;-)
"If you can see me, then the end is near." The Great Dannycore states a fact. Do not compete with him, because he has already won.

Official Bring Back Arod petition:
1.Dannycore
2.KingCorran

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,971 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. Pineda becoming the Cy Young and helping the Yanks win another championship! I would totally hate it!!!

IWantZduriencik'sJob

IWantZduriencik'sJob

Will GM your team for food...

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • Interests:Snow. Hiking. Fresh air and a good book.
What you traded Jay Buhner for who?

You traded Michael Pineda for a catcher that will be Ben Davis' brother.
Yogi--
1. I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.
2. It ain't the heat, it's the humility.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
This is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.

Beastie Boys

Beastie Boys
  • Members
  • 1,442 posts
Why Hector Noesi?? Bleh... I think we could have/should have done better. I like Montero... BUT how will he do in Safeco Field?? That's the big question.
Posted Image
FOR SALE!: 120 Gig Slim PS3, w/2 Controllers Games (MW3, etc!!), Blue Ray movie, Triton Headset $300. Email - beastieboys@live.com

Toomany10pins

Toomany10pins
  • Members
  • 643 posts
Z just fell into the "yankee trap" of trading young talent for over-rated yankee prospects. I hate this deal, unless it includes the signing of Prince Fielder. More than ever if the M's don't get Fielder its a mega epic fail for the front office. They spent the last 10 years painting themselves into this corner with no escape route other than landing the top tier free agents. I'm so disgusted with this front office and ownership group right now. See all of those empty seats in 2012 and beyond Chuck and Howie? YOU EARNED THEM! If any of us failed as miserably at their job as Chowie has, we would have been fired yhears ago. Welcome to 5th place in your division for the next 10 years Chowie, you should be so proud!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
Ah Man the M's line up is potentially deadly. Montero upside is off the charts.

With

Ackley
Carp
Montero
Smoak

that is some nice young talent right there. I'm sad to see Pineda go however, our #1 problem is offense. If we can get Fielder into the mix this team can seriously be dangerous.

Toomany10pins

Toomany10pins
  • Members
  • 643 posts
They have to get Fielder now or this deal BLOWS!

topher65

topher65

Drinks beer... Lives in Hawaii... I hate him...

• Members
  • 1,768 posts
Ummmmm...where the hell is he going to play?? He is a terrible catcher with no future at that position. Hope he can play a decent 3rd base....... Who the hell is the other guy we traded for? We really better be getting Fielder after this. I take it this means Paxton is ready for the big leagues. I will wait until more unfolds for my final judgement however
I got a full slate of Hawaiian adopt-a-sons......and 2 happen to be catchers on the same team!!

Starting off with:

Charles Ka'alekahi - Currently a starting pitcher with the Clinton Lumber Kings.
3 wins and 1 loss on the season with a 4.85 ERA, 26 IP, 20 SO vs. 12BB

Next is the catching duo with the Everett Aquasox:

Christian (Keanu) Carmichael - Catcher
.302 AVG, .362 OBP, .434 SLG, .796 OPS, 4 doubles and 1 HR, 2 RBI

Carlton Tanabe - Catcher
Everett Stats: .261 AVG, .306 OBP, .348 SLG, .654 OPS, 2 doubles 1 HR, 5 RBI

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

They have to get Fielder now or this deal BLOWS!

This deal is huge. Pineda is a big blow but Montero is legit.

Adding Fielder into the mix makes us a playoff caliber team.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

Ummmmm...where the hell is he going to play?? He is a terrible catcher with no future at that position. Hope he can play a decent 3rd base....... Who the hell is the other guy we traded for? We really better be getting Fielder after this. I take it this means Paxton is ready for the big leagues. I will wait until more unfolds for my final judgement however

Considering who we've had at catcher the last couple of years I don't mind. Compared to Rob Johnson Adam Moore Miguel Olivo and who else was back there. I hardly care.

GMZ has been looking for a RH power bat for a long time and it looks as though a young RH power hit may have just feel into his lap.

OMG I'm too excited for this I'm about to start doing cartwheels.

Edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY, 13 January 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts
I haven't been on the bandwagon for Fielder coming to Seattle until this announcement. We now have a strong youth core and that could be a huge selling point for Fielder. Imagine what this team can do in the next 2 years once it matures a bit? Having Pineda wasn't going to change things for us but a potential big bat does.

Z to Fielder: "Look at how strong and young this team is and you could be the one leading them to a World Series in the next couple of years Prince."
Fielder to Z: "I want a lifetime supply of Ralley Fries in the deal"
Z to Fielder: "No problem! How do you feel about clam chowder, son?

Shaggy

Shaggy
  • Members
  • 890 posts
After reading this article and Mauers advice for Montero, I'm not nearly as concerned about Montero's defensive skills.

Mauer, 27, sees those same developmental questions facing the Yankees’ top catching prospect, Jesus Montero, who is 6-4, 225 pounds.

“Too big. Not quick enough. I heard everything under the sun,” Mauer, who recently signed on as a spokesman for Head & Shoulders, said in a phone interview.

Mauer Has Advice for Yankees' Montero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users