Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2 Out Rally, The Baseball MMORPG

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 692 posts
2 Out Rally, as can be guessed from the topic title and description is an online baseball game in which you, the "scout", manage the players and teams you create.

It's really quite a bit of fun for anyone who has ever imagined that they could create the perfect player or assemble the perfect team. Now, you don't get the role of a player and physically play in a game. Instead, your role is as a scout who gets to see the results of games played and how the players you control. Game simulations are run nightly at 12:00 AM CST (-5:00 GMT) and from these, every player's page is updated and you see the changes.

To get a better feel of that, here are some pics of what the primary player pages look like:

First, the Report page which provides the updated results from the players last series played, as well as how much money and EXP he earned and other things.
Posted Image

Next, is your player's Statistics page, which gives you basic and slightly in-depth history on his/ her historical batting, pitching, and fielding statistics.
Posted Image

Third is your players Skills page, the hear of where you build your player. For pitchers and hitters, there are 3 potential Focuses you can choose for your player.
Posted Image
For hitters, we see here that there are Vision, Muscle, and Athleticism (my player, JC, is Athleticism ;)) and pitchers have Control, Movement, and Velocity. The different focuses will have different strengths and weaknesses. For example, JC here is very fast and strong in defensive skills; things necessary for a high-level SS. He, however, has very little flyball power and instead is a prototypical "gap power" type who gets on base and can steal a few bases. The Effective Skill Rating Chart below your distribution table helps provide a better visual of how they all work together; the more highly rated a particular skill you have (always relative to your league), the better you are at that particular skill.

The last preview image I have to show you guys is for the Training page. Here, your player will grow in either his/ her Fitness, Celebrity, or Charity. Reaching certain milestones in these will provide different bonuses.
Posted Image

Now, I know this is a pretty cruddy overview of it all, but I hope it gets anyone on here interested because I believe it really is a fun game that many MC'ers will enjoy. Of course, I have to also admit that a good portion of this was for my own shamelessfull advertising and want to put up my own referral link. Posted Image

To be honest, though, I wouldn't want to deter anyone from the game just because I was compelled to talk about it for my own in-game benefit. If you're a jerk and don't want to give me a little benefit for the piece of crud I just wrote up, but are still interested in the game, here is a direct, non-referral link to the game's main page. In all, I hope others join (preferably by using my referral link Posted Image) and if you do, post up your in-game username here. Maybe we can eventually cobble together an all-MCers team! Posted Image
AAP Time:
Nick Franklin & Brad Miller - I'm calling it. By the time they retire, this graduated duo will break the MLB record for the most Double Plays turned as a team. That's what coming up together and being awesome together for your entire careers on the same team will do for ya.

Roenis Elias - LH SP that has thus passed his first "rough-road ahead" sniff test -- get AA hitters out with meh stuff. He isn't electric, but he's certainly interesting enough to keep an eye on and follow because he's only gotten better results while climbing the ladder.

NWSportsGeek

NWSportsGeek
  • Members
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Baseball. Astronomy. Science. Photography. Reading. Family time.
I signed up with the referral link. Waiting for the confirmation email and ill check it out later tonight or tomorrow.

Adopt-A-Players:

Jack Marder, C - High Desert (A+)

Daniel Paolini, IF - Clinton (A)

Patrick Kivlehan, 3B - Everett (SS-A)

"Life is precious and time is a key element. Let's make every moment count and help those who have a greater need than our own." --Rogers Hornsby

The Outfield Grass

@outfieldgrass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users