Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Sounders FC vs. ManU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,692 posts
I've been to many a football game at Qwest Field with 67k+ screaming Seahawks fans but...
should be a totally different atmosphere with 67k+ crazy soccer fans for the friendly match between Sounders FC and Manchester United at the xBox pitch.

A fun way to celebrate the stadium's/field's 9th "birthday"... SCARVES UP!!

VIDEO | match preview

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,692 posts
Sounders embarrassed by 0-7 loss...

“I have no doubt that the guys that came on could have showed better than they did,” Keller said. “They’re better players than that. Maybe a little bit naive, and if you’re naive against a team like that, you’re going to get punished massively. And we did. Maybe we’ll be better for it in the end.”

Edited by lisa mariner, 20 July 2011 - 11:09 PM.

jimmytown

jimmytown
  • Members
  • 183 posts
that was kind of sad to see (Man Utd fan here) for the Sounders. I think what happened was that the Sounders came up against a team taking the warm up games seriously for a tough EPL campaign starting in three weeks, along with a group of United's second string guys who are fighting for a spot on the first team.

I have tickets to see United-Barcelona here in the DC area in 9 days. Can't wait.
"What's freedom for? To know eternity."
- Theodore Roethke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users