Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Realignment Proposals

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Lots of talk lately of realignment. Here's an interesting proposal I ran across on another site....

Coherent Restructuring

Seems complicated and frankly, not sure I followed all of it. But, a lot of thought went into it.

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,786 posts
I say go radical. Move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn to restore some competive balance in the NY market. Put the Padres, Angels, A's, Giants and M's into a newly formed AL West. NL West would be Rockies, DBacks, Astros, Rangers and Royals. That puts all the west coast teams into one division and all the inland west teams into another division.
You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

=============================

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,542 posts
Thanks for the awesome find Lisa! It's a great presentation, and incorporates a lot of my ideas. Unfortunately, his regular season would be too long, and there would be no time to play an All-Star Game. I could definitely fix the schedule, but there's a whole lot there, and I have a whole lot extra, so I'll have to get back later.

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users