Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

World Cup 2011

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,512 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
The Woman's World Cup gets underway in late June. I don't know about you but I love the world cup men or woman. Men and Woman playing for their countries, the fans, the vuvuzela's :annoyed:

Anyway, we had a big following in the Men's world cup thread, some time back, that I thought we could do equally well now. Have at it !

Mexico played Ecuador at Quest Field a couple of weeks ago and the sound of the vuvuzela's rang out in the stadium area. A big crowd showed and many mexicans that live in the area (and I'm sure Ecuadorian's) got the opprotunity to see their team play. Good stuff !

Edited by senior octobre, 13 June 2011 - 06:34 AM.

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players:

Victor "Filthy" Sanchez @ AA Jackson. twirls two hit shutout. from Rio Chico , Venezuela
DJ Petterson @ 25 2B's and 20 HR's spliting time between AA Jackson and High Desert, Baseball America's mid season top 5.0 Gilbert, AZ
Luis Liberato  out of La Canela, Dominican Republic hitting .273 in the AZL for 2014,,,!

:Former adopt-a-players:

Mike Zunino - In the show
Tom "Clear Head" Wilhelmsen -  In the show
Johan Limonta - AA San Antonio of the Padres System
Greg Halman RIP

victorsanchez.jpg
Victor "Filthy" Sanchez

grande o vete a casa !

King 5 Safeco Weather
http://web.live.weat...okie_world_stat=&

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,872 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
Well, the under-17 World Cup is being played in Mexico right now, and Querétaro is host of some matches, I'm going to sundays matches and to the quarterfinals too!

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,512 posts
sounds like a blast !

Victor "Filthy" Sanchez @ AA Jackson. twirls two hit shutout. from Rio Chico , Venezuela
DJ Petterson @ 25 2B's and 20 HR's spliting time between AA Jackson and High Desert, Baseball America's mid season top 5.0 Gilbert, AZ
Luis Liberato  out of La Canela, Dominican Republic hitting .273 in the AZL for 2014,,,!

Greg Halman RIP

victorsanchez.jpg
Victor "Filthy" Sanchez

grande o vete a casa !

King 5 Safeco Weather

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,872 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
I went today to the U-17 World Cup in Querétaro. First match was Germany - Panamá, 2-0 victory for the deutsch. Then Denmark - Australia started but since my brother was there with us at the stadium, rain started pouring out and the game had to be cancelled. The danes were ahead 1-0. My brother really is a tlaloc!

What about México's victory yesterday 4-2 to secure the Gold Cup?

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,872 posts
What can I tell you? Mexico won the championship as a host, it surely was a blast!

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,079 posts
Congratulations Mexico!

I've been too busy on the courts to watch more than two or three World Cup games. The US against Brasil was very exciting. The American girls' fighting spirit was impressive. They'll need it against the equally impressive teamwork of Japan.
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,079 posts
OK girls, this is it. I stayed off the the courts for this one, dammit, so give us a good fight! Good luck to both teams.

Edited by Sancho Panza, 17 July 2011 - 10:41 AM.

There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,079 posts
And a great, dramatic fight it was. Congratulations Japan!

topher65

topher65

Drinks beer... Lives in Hawaii... I hate him...

• Members
  • 1,754 posts
Yatta-chosugoiNipon!! I am happy Japan won! It makes my wife happy and that is all that matters to me. :thumbsup:
I got a full slate of Hawaiian adopt-a-sons......and 2 happen to be catchers on the same team!!

Starting off with:

Charles Ka'alekahi - Currently a starting pitcher with the Clinton Lumber Kings.
3 wins and 1 loss on the season with a 4.85 ERA, 26 IP, 20 SO vs. 12BB

Next is the catching duo with the Everett Aquasox:

Christian (Keanu) Carmichael - Catcher
.302 AVG, .362 OBP, .434 SLG, .796 OPS, 4 doubles and 1 HR, 2 RBI

Carlton Tanabe - Catcher
Everett Stats: .261 AVG, .306 OBP, .348 SLG, .654 OPS, 2 doubles 1 HR, 5 RBI

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,512 posts

Yatta-chosugoiNipon!! I am happy Japan won! It makes my wife happy and that is all that matters to me. :thumbsup:

The woman from Japan played with a ton of heart. Well done !

Greg Halman RIP

victorsanchez.jpg
Victor "Filthy" Sanchez

grande o vete a casa !

King 5 Safeco Weather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users