Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Alamo Drafhouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,792 posts

God Bless Alamo Drafthouse theatre!

Edited by MtGrizzly, 11 June 2011 - 07:53 AM.

You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

=============================

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
I really have to wonder about a lot of people. Some folks are so self absorbed in themselves that they have NO FREAKIN' IDEA that what they do can have a direct and often negative impact on those around them. As soon as we start accepting this sort of behavior as "normal" we can start planning on the end of days...

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,792 posts

I really have to wonder about a lot of people. Some folks are so self absorbed in themselves that they have NO FREAKIN' IDEA that what they do can have a direct and often negative impact on those around them. As soon as we start accepting this sort of behavior as "normal" we can start planning on the end of days...

Yeah - I just LOVE that the company took that and made a PSA that plays before every (R-rated) movie in their theatres. Hi-larious. And, I imagine, very effective at preventing the same behavior in the future.

Edit to add - I would probably go to more movies in the theatres if I had a place like this to go. The theatre experience is mostly miserable - people talking, taking phone calls, grrrr...I would mostly rather wait until it comes out on BluRay and watch at home in my theatre.

Edited by MtGrizzly, 11 June 2011 - 06:50 PM.

You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

=============================

kevin_ess

kevin_ess
  • Flounder
  • 3,061 posts

Yeah - I just LOVE that the company took that and made a PSA that plays before every (R-rated) movie in their theatres. Hi-larious. And, I imagine, very effective at preventing the same behavior in the future.

Edit to add - I would probably go to more movies in the theatres if I had a place like this to go. The theatre experience is mostly miserable - people talking, taking phone calls, grrrr...I would mostly rather wait until it comes out on BluRay and watch at home in my theatre.

I initially saw this on Ken Levine's blog. And Grizz - I totally agree. I cannot stand theaters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users