Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Champions League

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
It was beautiful, awesome win by Barcelona, they were the only ones who tried to win. Real Madrid played a very defensive and destructive game in their own stadium.

I stay with this image from Mourinho:

Posted Image

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,092 posts
The Special One! :P
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

anunderwaterguy

anunderwaterguy
  • Members
  • 415 posts
His temper tantrum after the game was almost painful to watch. Reminded me of the sort of thing a kid would say after losing at a video game. I half expected him to throw the microphone down at the end and run away crying.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
Let's go Barza, to finish the job today!

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
Step 1 done.

Step 2 during the weekend by securing the League with a win and a draw by Real Madrid.

Step 3 on May 28, by winning the Champions League against Manchester United and Chicharito.

anunderwaterguy

anunderwaterguy
  • Members
  • 415 posts
Man United's reserve team will inevitably dispose of Schalke tomorrow so I'm not so much looking forward to that, but it should be a great final. I think Barca are a long long way ahead of Man United right now (even Madrid are much better than Man United), but at Wembley I wouldn't write an English team off. Man United will at least try to play football (unlike Mourinho's teams) so it should be entertaining.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
Easy win by Man U, so everything's ready.

Posted Image

Vs.

Posted Image

Next May 28 at Wembley, it's going to be a dandy!

Edited by Pirata Morado, 04 May 2011 - 12:49 PM.

anunderwaterguy

anunderwaterguy
  • Members
  • 415 posts
This one's for you Pirata, got to be one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen...

Chicharito

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts

This one's for you Pirata, got to be one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen...

Chicharito

Little pea, little pea....

God is that awful or what?

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
In the same week, just a few days apart both Manchester United and Barcelona have clinched their local leagues, and they'll meet in 14 days for a legendary Champions League Final.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
Everything's ready for tomorrow's match, let the best team win!

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,092 posts

Everything's ready for tomorrow's match, let the best team win!

Seems I've jinxed just about everybody I mentioned for the French, so I'd bestl refrain from saying that you-know-who should win. :P
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,092 posts
Barça! :yahoo:

anunderwaterguy

anunderwaterguy
  • Members
  • 415 posts
I think with that performance this Barca team must have cemented their place as one of the best teams ever. Man United are a great side, they were almost playing at home with it being at Wembley and yet apart from the first ten minutes Barca completely dominated them. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi and Villa is as good a midfield/frontline as I've ever seen. Perfectly balanced, perfect understanding between every player and with the right philosophy about how the game should be played.

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 9,013 posts
Barcelona played brilliantly, what a treat! This must be the best team ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users