Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2011 MC Keeper League

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
KingCorran's Trade Block:

Available for legit draft pick trade offers ('legit' varies with the player requested):

• SP Cliff Lee - part of the new historic Philly rotation, his already excellent ERA and WHIP will benefit from a return to the NL, while his win total will go up with the Phillies' power offense behind him. I doubt it will hurt that he'll be facing other teams' non-aces as well... especially if Philly pitches their tenured lefty 2nd, and puts Lee in the 4-hole. 20 wins is easily within reach...
  • SP Mat Latos - a top-50 fantasy keeper already, the 24-year-old Latos looks to build on an excellent 2010 campaign as he continues to mature. Fading a bit at the end of last year leaves room for upside; he'll be stronger and more experienced this year... and as he held the NL ERA title until mid-September last year, that's a pretty significant upside as he looks prepped for a 200IP campaign. Mat is a top-10 pitcher, with an incredible walk rate and over a strikeout per inning.
  • RP Carlos Marmol - fantasy's top closer pitches a ridiculous 16.0 K/IP... giving you more strikeouts last year (with 138) than high-quality starters Jaime Garcia, Clay Buchholz, Trevor Cahill, and Carlos Zambrano. Why not stick a starter in your top relief spot... and still get the 40 saves the Cubs will provide for him? Marmol is also no slouch in the ERA or WHIP departments. Plus, the guy's not even thirty... he's got many good years left to give you.

Available for just about any reasonable, non-trivial draft pick trade offer (I'm not going to drive a hard bargain here, as long as you're not offering round 13 for 14 or a 4-pick upgrade):
  • C Miguel Olivo - Seattle's new catcher has done quite well over the last several years, and looks to get good RBI opportunities to go with his high playing time in Seattle.
  • 2B Kelly Johnson - broke out last year to the tune of 26 HR/13 SB, and remains in hitter-friendly Arizona. With a .285/.370/.496 line, he's an excellent keeper option in a thin 2B field
  • SS Ian Desmond - Washington's young MI stud can sure play - he'll only hit ~.270, but you can expect 12-15 homers and about 20 SBs. And he's approaching his power years, so this will only improve as he matures further.
  • SP CJ Wilson - converted from the relief corps originally, CJ transformed into Texas' ace with 204 IP that gave him 170 Ks, 15 wins, and a 3.35 ERA/1.25 WHIP. This is a guy you definitely want to have around!
  • RP Aroldis Chapman - he of the 105MPH fastball, Chapman continues to project well both as a upcoming SP and as a present closer threat (in the mold of Johan Santana's transition). He's baseball's #3 prospect... and look how that turned out last year (Buster Posey)!

Contact me via PM or Y! in-league message with your interest in any specific player(s)!

Bautista

Bautista
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Clay Buchholtz is available for draft pick swap. This guy was on fire almost all of last season and help carry my staff into the playoffs. He posted a 17-7 record with a league 3rd best 2.33 era. He looks like a possible 20 game winner this season with the team boston has put together. At only 26 yrs of age he is one of the best young pitchers in baseball.

Jaime Garcia also available for draft pick swap. A great young talent at the age of 24. He went 13-8 and returns on a playoff contender in St.Louis. His 132 k's in 163 ip is very respectable. I expect him to reach at least 15 wins with 150 k's at only 24 that's a solid keeper.

Roy Oswalt is on the block for pick swap as well. A member of the best staff perhaps in baseball history i think 20 wins is very possible. After joing the phillies mid season all he did was win ball games. 7-1 record with a 1.74 era. 73 k's in 82 ip shows he is still a k per ip type pitcher. This guy can lead a pitching staff into the playoffs.

I also have Matt Garza who i would be willing to move very easily. I hate the cubs so i want him gone.

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
So at this point... we have 17 returning members and 1 new one, right? Is there anyone known to be returning who isn't in the Y! league yet? Any prospects, MCKL or otherwise, for new members to fill the void? It should be very easy to fill our our roster of managers this year. =)

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
Would it be possible to move the draft exactly one week earlier (to Sunday the 20th)?

I have family in town (in Missouri) from the 21st-28th, and I would be hard-pressed to give up the end of my last evening with them for our draft... we hardly ever get to see them. Sunday the 20th would be the day before they arrived, and would be perfect in avoiding the conflict entirely. (During that week would be even worse, for reasons it would take too long to explain here).

Additionally... if you could make sure the start time does NOT go LATER than 7pm PST... us CSTers will greatly appreciate that. ^_^ I won't push for earlier, but not going later means I'll get some sleep before Monday morning 8am classes and 6am workouts. Thank you! =D

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts

So at this point... we have 17 returning members and 1 new one, right? Is there anyone known to be returning who isn't in the Y! league yet? Any prospects, MCKL or otherwise, for new members to fill the void? It should be very easy to fill our our roster of managers this year. =)

So we lost Coasties, Yankees, and Swing Syringes from last year?

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
Yankees and Coastie made it known they're not coming back... Syringes (MajorMajor) is the guy I haven't heard about definitively. Anyone in touch with him?

Hmm... looks like the new managers will be getting waiver spots 2, 6, and maybe 14. Not bad, not bad...

55panhead

55panhead
  • Members
  • 563 posts
Trade up:

Panhead trades Evan Longoria and their 15th round pick to IdahoMariner for Carlos Gonzalez and their 6th rd pick.

Idaho to confirm

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts

Trade up:

Panhead trades Evan Longoria and their 15th round pick to IdahoMariner for Carlos Gonzalez and their 6th rd pick.

Idaho to confirm

Confirmed.

Best of luck 55pan.

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
for sale 1 possibly surgically repaired tommy john elbow that goes by the name strasburg
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
TRADE UP

KingCorran (Zeal of a Challenger) trades
- Carlos Marmol (ChC - CL)
- (4)(1) [61]

to Hotwheelz (Baseball Junkies) for
- (1)(3) [3]

Hotwheelz to confirm.

Outfieldgrass

Outfieldgrass

Nom De Guerre Flipper

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:Baseball. Astronomy. Science. Photography. Reading. Family time.

TRADE UP

KingCorran (Zeal of a Challenger) trades
- Carlos Marmol (ChC - CL)
- (4)(1) [61]

to Hotwheelz (Baseball Junkies) for
- (1)(3) [3]

Hotwheelz to confirm.

Confirmed. I hate giving up that pick but to get a closer like Marmol is tough to pass up. The guy hat 138 K's as a reliever with a 16K per 9 IP. I likely would have taken him if he was available so its a no brainer for me. Nice doing business with you.

Adopt-A-Players:

Jack Marder, C - High Desert (A+)

Daniel Paolini, IF - Clinton (A)

Patrick Kivlehan, 3B - Everett (SS-A)

"Life is precious and time is a key element. Let's make every moment count and help those who have a greater need than our own." --Rogers Hornsby

The Outfield Grass

@outfieldgrass

Bautista

Bautista
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Confirmed. I hate giving up that pick but to get a closer like Marmol is tough to pass up. The guy hat 138 K's as a reliever with a 16K per 9 IP. I likely would have taken him if he was available so its a no brainer for me. Nice doing business with you.

Wow closers really are valued differently then i see them. Papelbon for his backup and then a 1st round 3rd overall for Marmol and a 4th. It's a head scratcher for me but i don't run everyone's team i guess. Good luck this year. I would have given Clay Buchholtz, Max Scherzer and Roy oswalt for that pick. But anyways.

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
How are you guys doing with looking for other managers to join/fill out the league? We've got one more spot open for sure, and another one if MajorMajor doesn't return. Anyone able to get in touch with MajorMajor (Swingin Syringes)? I don't have any good contact info for him.

I found a potential manager who would consider joining. He's a Cubs fan, not a Mariners fan - but a quality guy and a good manager. I don't know if he'll decide he wants to join or not, but there's at least a potential option (if a non-MCKL one) there.

CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler
  • Members
  • 2,257 posts
Nice to have a few talks already about some trades. If you're in need of a 2B, give me a PM. Brian Roberts, Ben Zobrist and Gordon Beckham wouldn't cost a ton. Some sort of draft pick or have them part of a package does the trick.

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
And Kelly Johnson! ^_^

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
Hi All

i have some stuff to trade... looking for non OF guys I guess as I have some great OF options

BATS
Russell Martin
Andrew McCutchen
Hunter Pence
Jimmy Rollins
Ichiro Suzuki
Mark Teixeira
Andrés Torres

ARMS
Josh Beckett
Neftali Feliz
Nelson Figueroa
Bobby Jenks
Carl Pavano
Hisanori Takahashi

will jenks be a closer? idk
To Everything There is a Season, and a Time to Every Purpose Under Heaven

CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler
  • Members
  • 2,257 posts

And Kelly Johnson! ^_^

Yeah... Volquez was a real winner after that deal... Sheesh.

jj-malaysia

jj-malaysia
  • Members
  • 536 posts
Offering Ichiro for a pick straight up
To Everything There is a Season, and a Time to Every Purpose Under Heaven

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts
Trade up:

Idahomariner trades Matt Holliday, Josh Johnson, and Johnathan Papelbon

to Phred for Ryan Howard and Victor Martinez

Phred to confirm.

IM

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts

Trade up:

Idahomariner trades Matt Holliday, Josh Johnson, and Johnathan Papelbon

to Phred for Ryan Howard and Victor Martinez

Phred to confirm.

IM

confirmed
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users