Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2011 Adopt-A-Player List

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,722 posts

I call dibbs on Chih-Hsien Chiang!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^.

Good move! He's doing well since promotion to AAA.

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,722 posts
Boy, do I ever need an update. Also, I see I'm not the only one. This year I'm going with Scott Savastano, Sean Henn, and "Big Jim," aka Luis Jimenez. I'm holding an open spot for one of those AA starters that the Rainiers desperately need. OK, they may be gone very, very soon, but that's OK.

Edited by Vidya, 23 May 2012 - 03:07 PM.

My 2014 AAP's:

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,722 posts
I'm changing out Sean Henn for Oliver Perez. He's just another of the veteran LHP Zduriencik signed for the bullpen off the minor league FA list, but I like him, and I have his game worn, signed jersey. Meanwhile Scott Savastano and "Big Jim" are both doing very well.

My 2014 AAP's:

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 8,857 posts
Of course... I have to go all the way thru 4 pages of posts to find someone took Mr. Stefen Romero. :smileygaah:

Anyone but me noticed he got moved to third base? Hmmm

I would very much like to take on the responisiblity of promoting Mr. Anthony Fernandez.
Posted Image
I'm really having fun with my cut and pastes.

Mr. Fernandez is the younger cousin of Larry Bernandez!

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Of course... I have to go all the way thru 4 pages of posts to find someone took Mr. Stefen Romero. :smileygaah:

Anyone but me noticed he got moved to third base? Hmmm

I would very much like to take on the responisiblity of promoting Mr. Anthony Fernandez.

I'm really having fun with my cut and pastes.

Mr. Fernandez is the younger cousin of Larry Bernandez!

First off, Stefen Romero has always been listed as a 3rd baseman. In 2011 with Clinton Romero was kind of all over the place as he played some LF, RF, 2nd, and 3rd. He's a big kid (6'3", 225 lb.), but he has shown a fairly high degree of agility, and that is what has allowed him to play 2nd as much as he has.

While he was playing in HD he appeared in 53 games at 2nd and 0 (ZERO) games at 3rd. The reasons that I've heard is that his defense isn't quite up to par for the position. With Jackson he has appeared in 5 games and all of them have been at 2nd base. The jury is still out on whether or not Romero can stick at the position, but it sure seems like the M's are giving him every opportunity to show that he belongs there.

I'm putting together a write up about the state of the Mariners minor leagues and in it I plan on spending a goodly amount of words on Mr. Romero.

As far as Anthony Fernandez goes, it isn't a waste of time to do some PR work for him. I like Fernandez, but we'll have to wait and see if he is Jason Vargas or Anthony Vasquez...

Lonnie

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
I'd like to adopt Mike Zunino and Victor Sanchez. Thanks !
Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

http://compassrosy.com/<p> 

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

I'd like to adopt Mike Zunino and Victor Sanchez. Thanks !

Mike Zunino, Victor Sanchez, and Johan Limonta? One of these three is not like the other two....

Done!

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en

Mike Zunino, Victor Sanchez, and Johan Limonta? One of these three is not like the other two....

Done!

Two have a shot at the show and one does not ?

Does anyone need a guy who K's, doesn't walk much, hits, but for not much power and is a career DH ?
Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

http://compassrosy.com/<p> 

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 8,857 posts

As far as Anthony Fernandez goes, it isn't a waste of time to do some PR work for him. I like Fernandez, but we'll have to wait and see if he is Jason Vargas or Anthony Vasquez...

Lonnie

Neither. He's Anthony Bernandez!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users