Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2011 Adopt-A-Player List

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Now I am the one hoping I am not being difficult. I need to drop my new adopt-a-player (Unsworth) and pick up the 'other' Jpax. James Paxton. I wasn't even thinking about him signing., but I am glad he finally did.

Thanks, Lonnie

DENIED!

Jpax

Jpax
  • Members
  • 634 posts

DENIED!

Not to be arguementative, but 'Why'?

Does someone else already have him?

Adopt-a-player #1: James Paxton - Jpax loves Jpax!  Get Well Quick.

Adopt-a-player #2: 'Neon Leon' Landry - Tore up the California League, Speed Bump in Southern League

Adopt-a-player #3: Tyler Pike - Excellent start to his career in the AZL and Clinton, Continued in High Desert

Adopt-a-player #4:  Austin Wilson - The "Stanford Steamer"

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Not to be arguementative, but 'Why'?

Does someone else already have him?

I was just joking around and wanted to see how long it would take to get a response :laughing:

Put him in your signature, 'cause he's yours!

Lonnie

Jpax

Jpax
  • Members
  • 634 posts

I was just joking around and wanted to see how long it would take to get a response :laughing:

Put him in your signature, 'cause he's yours!

Lonnie

funny, funny, very funny!

Here I was being all serious and everything, lol

Adopt-a-player #1: James Paxton - Jpax loves Jpax!  Get Well Quick.

Adopt-a-player #2: 'Neon Leon' Landry - Tore up the California League, Speed Bump in Southern League

Adopt-a-player #3: Tyler Pike - Excellent start to his career in the AZL and Clinton, Continued in High Desert

Adopt-a-player #4:  Austin Wilson - The "Stanford Steamer"

E-Diddy

E-Diddy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Esteilon Peguero, Edlando Seco, and Daniel Carroll if I could please Lonnie! Posted Image
Posted Image
2011 Adopt-A-Player Signees

P-Esteilon Peguero No 2010 Stats Signed for $2.9 Million in the 2010 International Amateur Class...Likely to start the year in the DSL...Ranked
19th in the Mariners organization according to the 2011 Baseball America Prospect Handbook

P-Edlando Seco 2010Short-A Everett 3-3 2.48 ERA 14G/GS 69IP 40H 28R 19ER 2HRA 43BB 73K 1.25GO:AO .169OBA

CF-Daniel Carroll 2010 Low-A Clinton .282-BA 78-Hits 44-Runs 9-2B 5-3B 9-HR 34-RBI 25-SB .804 .OPS
High-A High Desert .214-BA 6-Hits 6-Runs 3-2B 1-HR 4-RBI
2010 Season .275-BA 84-Hits 50-Runs 12-2B 5-3B 10-HR 38-RBI 25-SB .794 OPS

Follow me on twitter@ediddy406

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts

Esteilon Peguero, Edlando Seco, and Daniel Carroll if I could please Lonnie! Posted Image

Interesting choices. Put them in your signature 'cause their are yours!

Lonnie

JD KiCKASTRO

JD KiCKASTRO
  • Members
  • 47 posts
Lonnie,

Due to the scouting reports of our great bloggers, like yourself, this spring I'd like to request a change in my adoptees..

Unfortunately I'd like to drop Keanu Carmichael, who apparently has a long ways to go before he sniffs the upper minors, to adopt the rising star and sleeper who is Jose Vicente Campos :)
Adopted Mariner Minor Leaguers

Marcus "Not So" Littlewood
SS 19 years old DOB: 3/18/92 6'3" 200lbs Bats: B Throws: R School: Pineview HS Acquired: 2010 Rule IV #67 overall
Latest Scouting Report via Jason Churchill (Prospect Insider): "Marcus Littlewood looked a bit uncomfortable in his first at-bat, which was right-handed against southpaw Edlando Seco. But he worked a walk as a lefty later in the game and showed a better swing than in the past from that side of the plate. Word is he's having problems with good breaking balls in camp, but he's facing a lot of 20-23 year olds with 3-5 years of pro experience. I only saw one play at shortstop, a routine roller to the left of the mound that Littlewood gobbled up like an Oreck."

Taijuan "Air" Walker
RHP 18 years old DOB: 8/13/92 6'5" 200lbs Throws: R School: Yucaipa HS Acquired: 2010 Rule IV # 43 overall
Latest Scouting Report via Jason Churchill (Prospect Insider): "Right-hander Taijuan Walker, the club's No. 5 prospect and the No. 43 overall pick in last June's draft, hit 98 mph on the gun, according to a teammate. And he didn't just do it once. "At least three or four times," the player said.

Walker's fastball has some sink to it when he stays on top and the word is his delivery is a little bit smoother than last summer."

Jose Vicente Campos
RHP 18 years old DOB: 7/27/92 6'4" 195lbs Throws: R From: La Guaira, Venezuela Acquired: 2009 International Free Agent
Latest Scouting Report via Jason Churchill (Prospect Insider): "Jose Campos, formerly known as Vicente -- that's his middle name -- ranked at No. 30 this offseason and hit 99 mph Thursday, also showing one or two power curveballs that got a 'wow' out of catching coordinator Roger Hansen. Campos, 18, is a big, strong kid at 6-foot-4 and just over 200 pounds, and offers tons of projection.

The Venezuelan could be the next big find by International Scouting Director Bob Engle and his scouting staff."

---------------

BASEBALL
"The under-appreciated sport lacking fans of colored youth. Bringing it back, so people go to Safeco for the game, not the park experience.."

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts

Lonnie,

Due to the scouting reports of our great bloggers, like yourself, this spring I'd like to request a change in my adoptees..

Unfortunately I'd like to drop Keanu Carmichael, who apparently has a long ways to go before he sniffs the upper minors, to adopt the rising star and sleeper who is Jose Vicente Campos :)

Good choice. If Campos can harness that amazing heater and add some quality secondary pitches he will be a beast! You should have heard poor Danny Carroll after he was the first to see him. Danny saw three pitches, and he didn't stand a chance. In the dugout afterwards he was talking to his team mates and there sounded like a little bit of awe in his voice.

Lonnie

JD KiCKASTRO

JD KiCKASTRO
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Good choice. If Campos can harness that amazing heater and add some quality secondary pitches he will be a beast! You should have heard poor Danny Carroll after he was the first to see him. Danny saw three pitches, and he didn't stand a chance. In the dugout afterwards he was talking to his team mates and there sounded like a little bit of awe in his voice.

Lonnie

Definitely excited to see how he does this season. That high velocity combined with the advanced breaking balls may allow him to move through levels quickly. Definitely haven't been excited about a starting pitcher that age since Tillman and J.C. Ramirez =)
Adopted Mariner Minor Leaguers

Marcus "Not So" Littlewood
SS 19 years old DOB: 3/18/92 6'3" 200lbs Bats: B Throws: R School: Pineview HS Acquired: 2010 Rule IV #67 overall
Latest Scouting Report via Jason Churchill (Prospect Insider): "Marcus Littlewood looked a bit uncomfortable in his first at-bat, which was right-handed against southpaw Edlando Seco. But he worked a walk as a lefty later in the game and showed a better swing than in the past from that side of the plate. Word is he's having problems with good breaking balls in camp, but he's facing a lot of 20-23 year olds with 3-5 years of pro experience. I only saw one play at shortstop, a routine roller to the left of the mound that Littlewood gobbled up like an Oreck."

Taijuan "Air" Walker
RHP 18 years old DOB: 8/13/92 6'5" 200lbs Throws: R School: Yucaipa HS Acquired: 2010 Rule IV # 43 overall
Latest Scouting Report via Jason Churchill (Prospect Insider): "Right-hander Taijuan Walker, the club's No. 5 prospect and the No. 43 overall pick in last June's draft, hit 98 mph on the gun, according to a teammate. And he didn't just do it once. "At least three or four times," the player said.

Walker's fastball has some sink to it when he stays on top and the word is his delivery is a little bit smoother than last summer."

Jose Vicente Campos
RHP 18 years old DOB: 7/27/92 6'4" 195lbs Throws: R From: La Guaira, Venezuela Acquired: 2009 International Free Agent
Latest Scouting Report via Jason Churchill (Prospect Insider): "Jose Campos, formerly known as Vicente -- that's his middle name -- ranked at No. 30 this offseason and hit 99 mph Thursday, also showing one or two power curveballs that got a 'wow' out of catching coordinator Roger Hansen. Campos, 18, is a big, strong kid at 6-foot-4 and just over 200 pounds, and offers tons of projection.

The Venezuelan could be the next big find by International Scouting Director Bob Engle and his scouting staff."

---------------

BASEBALL
"The under-appreciated sport lacking fans of colored youth. Bringing it back, so people go to Safeco for the game, not the park experience.."

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,685 posts
I'm adding Carlos Peguero. He had a great ST, and is off to a good start with the Rainiers. I'm also going for Sean Kazmar. He was an NRI, and is batting ninth for the Rainiers, but I believe he has a chance to make the Mariners this year. The way things are going for the Mariners on the right side of the infield he's not that much of a longshot.

EDIT: I think I called the Carlos Peguero thing too good. He just got promoted to the Mariners. He did have a bad first day, but I think Wedge will give him another chance before Smoak comes back. I'm going to wait until Smoak returns to take him off my list completely though.

Edited by Vidya, 20 April 2011 - 10:50 PM.

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

muddyfrogwater

muddyfrogwater
  • Members
  • 1,405 posts
Gerrit Cole B)

I'm not here to judge. I'm just pointing out all of the mistakes you're making.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,685 posts
I almost dropped Sean Kazmar off my list because his bat has settled into being well, very Kazmar. His defense is excellent and I like that he and Dustin Ackley have started every game for the Rainiers in the middle infield. Having a stable middle infielder partner who's been to the show, and plays a great defense is probably the best thing that can happen for Dustin right now.

Carlos Peguero is back with the Rainiers and is having more trouble adjusting from MLB to AAA than he did adjusting from AA to AAA. No worries, his stroke will return, if only because Alex Liddi will start challenging him with some nice power numbers of his own.

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts
can i adopt some players? if so I'd like these guys.

Eramo Ramirez
Vincent Carticala
James Jones

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts

can i adopt some players? if so I'd like these guys.

Eramo Ramirez
Vincent Carticala
James Jones

You sure can, but two out of three of those are taken. The very first post in this thread contains the list of players who have been taken. Right now, just Erasmo Ramirez is available for adopting from your list.

Lonnie

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

You sure can, but two out of three of those are taken. The very first post in this thread contains the list of players who have been taken. Right now, just Erasmo Ramirez is available for adopting from your list.

Lonnie

Ah, I thought I picked guys that weren't taken too. Okay Erasmo is fine with me.

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts

Ah, I thought I picked guys that weren't taken too. Okay Erasmo is fine with me.

Heh, you've got to be pretty quick to snag the "marque" minor leaguers around here. :laughing:

Ok, put him in your signature. Good adoption!

Lonnie

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

AlMoStLeGeNdArY
  • Members
  • 2,263 posts

Heh, you've got to be pretty quick to snag the "marque" minor leaguers around here. :laughing:

Ok, put him in your signature. Good adoption!

Lonnie

yeah I noticed all the guys I like were gone.

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,966 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en

yeah I noticed all the guys I like were gone.

there are still some good ones as well as a whole new draft that just happened with some nuggets and diamonds in the rough !
Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

http://compassrosy.com/<p> 

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,493 posts
If we follow last year's model, you can't adopt a draftee until he signs. A few have already started doing just that, but it'll be a little while before the top guys ink a contract.

Adopt-a-Players:
*new* Alex Jackson - Welcome aboard, AJaxx!

2014 Hitting .289/.333/.500/.833 in Peoria.

Forrest Snow - Working as a swingman and spot-starter for Tacoma.
2014 AAA/AA: 2-3, 2.35 ERA, 46 K, 12 BB, 1.065 WHIP - more to come!
2013 AAA/AA: 5-5, 2.96 ERA, 84 K, 28 BB, 1.085 WHIP

2012 AAA/AA: 5-9, 6.35 ERA, 99K, 67 BB, 1.674 WHIP

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):
Eric Thames - Hitting .336/.423/.645/1.068 in Korea (304 plate appearances).
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball. Assistant coach for a high school.
Mike Morse - Hitting .273/.325/.472/.796 for the Giants. (sure would look good as our DH about now)
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a regional scout for the Cards.

Updated: 06/27/2014

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts

If we follow last year's model, you can't adopt a draftee until he signs. A few have already started doing just that, but it'll be a little while before the top guys ink a contract.

Thank you officer Muppet, you are 100% correct!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users