Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2011 MC Dynasty League

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
15 feels really steep. It is a dynasty league, you should feel like you can keep most of your regulars and maybe a couple prospects.

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
I've got 3 guys from my school that want to play in the league. They are not MC members currently, (they are Giants fans) but right now I'm not getting much interest in new owners so this seems like the only option. I've never played fantasy with them before but they are big baseball fans so they should be competitive. Let me know if anyone has a problem with this.

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts

15 feels really steep. It is a dynasty league, you should feel like you can keep most of your regulars and maybe a couple prospects.

Ok 17, 20, and 25 (status quo)

17 really feels about right. 340 players kept 180 players get recycled (some DL players get thrown back in as well). Would love to open up minor league players to any amateur player as well, as long as we are making big changes (if we move to 10 minor leaguers).

Idahomariner

Idahomariner
  • Line Drive Boosters
  • 950 posts

I've got 3 guys from my school that want to play in the league. They are not MC members currently, (they are Giants fans) but right now I'm not getting much interest in new owners so this seems like the only option. I've never played fantasy with them before but they are big baseball fans so they should be competitive. Let me know if anyone has a problem with this.

No problems, just want active managers.

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
I'm also going to say that we should limit voting to returning members, since the new members won't really know whats going on as much.

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts
Zen: "I agree. If I had known that we would be cutting players then I would have played differently at the end of last year (i.e. not holding on to young players like Jenrry Mejia, Chris Davis and Jesse Litsch for so long in favor of players that could have helped me more at the time). I would like to keep it gradual if we can. 17 and 19 are weird numbers, why don't we vote between 18, 20 and 25."
And I for one am glad you did. I, on the other hand, have a vastly different kind of team. Not so strewn with impact players as much as a whole bunch of guys capable of contributing at least something on a continual basis. And with the exception of maybe Ramos, all the other 24 guys were used extensively. Just pointing out that this will effect different teams differently. This also brings up another good point. If guys can smell a championship run and they know they're gonna lose some players anyway, that should allow for a fair amount of player movement in and of itself. I just hope it doesn't lead to excessive streaming situations.
If we vote for the minimum amount of keepers then I would vote to increase the minor league system. I vote for 20, and my second choice is 19.

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts
Regarding the draft issues:

Could we maybe start doing the minor league draft at some point after the actual event but before the new Yahoo! data-base is revealed? Maybe the All-Star break? Is that doable?

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 9,030 posts
The other league I and 55pan do is nice. Are there others in both leagues? We do 17 keepers and 9 prospects. The draft encompasses both MLB and prospects. It's a slow draft, offline. It works really well most of the time. The cut needs to be painful but not damaging. You keep a very nice core at 17 but also recycle enough players for all teams have a chance to improve. Also, with all teams cutting to 17, there is a lot of off season action. 18, 19, 20... it makes things too easy. Too much stagnation.

klein141

klein141
  • Members
  • 2 posts
hey guys. im one of thezenadors friends who wants to join. my name is andrew and yea im a giants fan. anyways just wanted to introduce myself. looking forward to the season

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,832 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

hey guys. im one of thezenadors friends who wants to join. my name is andrew and yea im a giants fan. anyways just wanted to introduce myself. looking forward to the season

Welcome to the MC! I'm very glad that you didn't get caught up in my battle against spammers!

Lonnie

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts
Oh ya. And I would also like to make a motion to vote on increasing the play-off field to eight teams.

55panhead

55panhead
  • Home Run Boosters
  • 551 posts
I vote for a keeper decrease to 20
I vote for a minor league increase to 7
I vote that players over the ROY limits must be promoted to the show or released.

misterjonez

misterjonez
  • Members
  • 175 posts
Are there any more openings for the Dynasty League? My schedule looks great for the upcoming season, as I've finally settled down a bit and am planning to live on my boat for the next year or so where I've got good internet connections available.

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
Yeah we'd love to have you. Should I put you on the list?

misterjonez

misterjonez
  • Members
  • 175 posts
Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks :)

hdboc

hdboc
  • Members
  • 217 posts
20 Keepers
Minor League Roster 10 "if"
Rookie limits are imposed

Proposed Rule Changes:

• Decrease Keepers from 25 to 17-20
    Decreasing keepers will help with league balance by redistributing a fraction of the players at the start of each season. This will help maintain interest in the league among new owners and owners with struggling teams by providing an extra opportunity to improve. I would guess that the draft would work just like the keeper league draft, where owners post their keepers and I input them for the first 17-20 rounds and the rest of the draft, and the rest of the players are left in the draft pool. One problem I see with this is that it will introduce all new players (i.e. impact rookies/prospects like Bryce Harper) into the same pool so the less competitive teams will end up getting some of the same players they would have gotten from waivers. At this point I don't see a way around this. Another problem is it will be even more of a mess trying to avoid other people's minors players. This draft will NOT be serpentine.
    For:
    17:
    • Idahomariner
    • DocMilo

20:
    • TheZenador
    • Oysterfloyd
    • 55panhead
    Against:

• Increase Minor League Rosters from 5 to 7-10
    For:
  • 55panhead

Against:

• Ban players who have exceeded the rookie ab/innings limit from minor league rosters
    This would force an owner of a player who just exceeded the rookie limit that defines prospect status (130ab's, 50ip) to either call up that player or give up rights to the player. If the owner chooses to give up rights, the player will be added to the waiver wire and owners may use their waivers to add him. This rule would be effective immediately, as in any players no longer considered rookies may not be on minor league rosters to start the season. This rule will help with the problem of picking up players who have been available on Yahoo! for a long time and limits minor league rosters to players who have prospect status.
    For:
    • TheZenador
    • Oysterfloyd
    • 55panhead
    Against:

Post in this thread your votes. Also post if you have any additional rules changes you would like to be voted on.

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
yes

cbssportsline allows for minorleague rosters to be added which greatly aids in not picking up unavaliable players.

back to exile
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
Alright so we have 4 confirmed not returning/were inactive all of last year and we have 4 replacements for those owners. I also have 2 owners who haven't responded to any of my e-mails or invites yet (Black Rose Immortal and Swingin Syringes). Swingin Syringes has been with us for a while but he was inactive at the end of last season so I'd be surprised if he came back. Black Rose Immortal was a solid new owner last year if i remember correctly, anyone know how to contact him?

Also still need TheBiz, jaybo24663 and Oregon Ducks to accept their invites, but all have confirmed interest in returning.

Anyways, this means that we are potentially down 2 owners, but I can't guarantee the spots until after the deadline to claim teams on the 20th. But if you have interest in joining, still tell me and I will get you on the list for if our two owners do not return.

DocMilo

DocMilo

Tequila Sunriser

• Members
  • 9,030 posts

Alright so we have 4 confirmed not returning/were inactive all of last year and we have 4 replacements for those owners. I also have 2 owners who haven't responded to any of my e-mails or invites yet (Black Rose Immortal and Swingin Syringes). Swingin Syringes has been with us for a while but he was inactive at the end of last season so I'd be surprised if he came back. Black Rose Immortal was a solid new owner last year if i remember correctly, anyone know how to contact him?

Also still need TheBiz, jaybo24663 and Oregon Ducks to accept their invites, but all have confirmed interest in returning.

Anyways, this means that we are potentially down 2 owners, but I can't guarantee the spots until after the deadline to claim teams on the 20th. But if you have interest in joining, still tell me and I will get you on the list for if our two owners do not return.

How about a poll for keepers and prospects. I like 17 and 8... that's a 25 man roster, even though it isn't.

oysterfloyd

oysterfloyd
  • Members
  • 41 posts

How about a poll for keepers and prospects. I like 17 and 8... that's a 25 man roster, even though it isn't.

I thought that's what we were doing already. The polls have been open for over two weeks and half the owners haven't weighed in yet so how about a poll to establish a deadline for the poll. Sure would be better if most of us voted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users