Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NFL 2010

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,911 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en

Even if by some kind of miracle I can somehow win, I think it's fair to say that I've been totally destroyed by the monkey. Congratulations!

Seven games for the season doesn't amount to a hill of beans, when you pick every game. In reality, if you were in the legal betting parlours in Nevada, you wouldn't pick every game. In fact, there might be only a game or two per week that you really like. Picking the chimp style is not an attempt to rub it in, but to show how unpredictable the NFL is. I'm not doing much better then the chimp in the money league I'm in. I don't know jack about football, other then I enjoy it. It keeps me busy until Baseball Spring Training. NBA ? That is a horse of a dfferent color all together ! Good Luck in week 17 Pirata ! I enjoyed it and perhaps we'll do it again next year !

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP 

http://compassrosy.com/

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,911 posts
Well, the Seahawks won and they are in the playoffs. They host the Saints this coming Saturday. A caller on the Softy Show (950 KJR AM Sports Radio 10-1 Weekdays) figured that if all the wild card teams win during the early rounds of the playoffs and Seattle wins that the Seahawks could host the NFC Championship Game. Who would have thunk it ?

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP 

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,971 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.

Seven games for the season doesn't amount to a hill of beans, when you pick every game. In reality, if you were in the legal betting parlours in Nevada, you wouldn't pick every game. In fact, there might be only a game or two per week that you really like. Picking the chimp style is not an attempt to rub it in, but to show how unpredictable the NFL is. I'm not doing much better then the chimp in the money league I'm in. I don't know jack about football, other then I enjoy it. It keeps me busy until Baseball Spring Training. NBA ? That is a horse of a dfferent color all together ! Good Luck in week 17 Pirata ! I enjoyed it and perhaps we'll do it again next year !

Thank you, I really enjoyed it too. Congratulations on your win.

I think that the line is that makes it un-predictable, mainly because real NFL teams don't care a thing about the line, all they care for is the W. Many times the team ahead was winning by one point and could try for a Field Goal in the last minutes of the game, only to make it harder for the other team, but the line was 5 points so that team "lost".

The correlation between my median points in the simulation and the line was close to 0.9 all season long.

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 6,911 posts

Edited by senior octobre, 10 January 2011 - 05:22 AM.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP 

Schuxu

Schuxu
  • Members
  • 2,227 posts
  • Interests:Baseball - Softball - Scoring
This has to be the worst defensive performance of the whole season.
GMF @ the Spot
MC Adoptee Denny Almonte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users