Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

World Cup 2010

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,079 posts

But then, there is only one topic for the whole subject matter, including all the games.

But then too at each of those Gameday threads there were 25-35 posters posting on the minutest detail. Here there were 11 only posting mostly in general on some of the games, which got fewer posts each than an octopus! :sea2:
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,881 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
I've never seen "quantity" to be the most important aspect in a dicussion like this. I once had an awful discussion in facebook with a cousin of mine in which he kept diverting the discussion to non-sense to a point where the "thread" reached several posts. People were lauding him for reaching such a long thread in a discussion in facebook, most of them hadn't even read one or two of the posts and were only lauding the length of it, regardless of the quality of the argumentation.

I think that this thread was great regardless of the number of pages or posts it contains but rather because of the quality of the discussion in it. Yes, it covered the whole World Cup which took a month to develop, but the quality of the discussion was very good. I hope we can measure our discussions more by the quality of them rather than by the mere length of them.

:sea2:

Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza
  • Members
  • 2,079 posts
Of course. The greatest number of posts is nothing more than a trivial fact, and for me a chance for an equally trivial rhyme. Both it and the thread were great fun though.
There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying. - Josh Billings

Marco

Marco
  • Members
  • 855 posts
  • Interests:Vintage bicycles
I enjoyed it a lot and Pirata and Sancho have been great !
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users