Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

2010 MC Dynasty League

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
Official Mariner Central Dynasty League

This league is a dynasty league. A dynasty league is where owners keep their entire rosters from year to year, for as long as the league is alive.

Overview:
• 20 teams
• 25 players
• 25 keepers
• 5 man minor league roster
• Yahoo!
• R*HR*RBI*SB*BA*W*SV*K*ERA*WHIP
• C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P

Roster Management:

Draft:
The draft will apply to the 2008 season only. The current draft time is March 1st at 9:30 AM. This is subject to change if not enough owners are registered by then or too many owners cannot make the draft. If that happens then this will begin as a midseason league. Draft order will be randomly determined by myself approximately 2 days before the draft. The draft is serpentine.

Minor League Draft:
  • Draft order is determined by previous year performance. Teams that make the championship playoffs will have their spots determined by their performance in the playoffs. All other spots are based on regular season standings (last place gets first pick etc.) For the original draft the order will be opposite of the order for the general draft.
  • The draft will begin the day after rosters are set.
  • Each owner will have 24 hours to make their pick before they are skipped, but picking before that time is preferred. Skipped owners can make their pick whenever they want.
  • To be eligible for the draft a player must not be in the Yahoo! Database. They can be minor league players or foreign players. Players that have been drafted but attended college are eligible but college players/high school players who have not been drafted are not eligible for the draft.
  • Owners receive as many minor league picks as they have empty roster spots.

Minor League Roster:
  • Each team has a maximum of 5 minor league players that can be brought up to the major league team when added to the Yahoo! Database. When a player is added an owner may choose not to bring up their player and keep them in the minor leagues. However, once said player is added, he may not be moved back down.
  • Minor league players may be traded as long as both teams retain the maximum 5 man roster.
  • Do not pick up another team’s minor league players. I will immediately drop them and you will lose your waiver if you used it and the player you dropped. Always check before adding a rookie.
  • Before every season, owners may cut players in order to get picks in the minor league draft.

Roster:
Basic stuff. 25 players, unlimited trading, adds, drops.

Trading:
  • Trading is encouraged by everybody. It is a good way to improve your team.
  • The trade deadline is August 10. Trades are also allowed during the entire offseason.
  • Owners may trade players, minor league players, minor league draft picks and waivers. Owners may not trade future draft picks or waivers. Only current season.
  • Owners must post in the message board when a trade is completed and both owners must confirm the trade.
  • There is a two day trade reject time.
  • Committe for Trade Evaluation
  • All accepted trades immediately enter the Trade Protest Period
  • Trade Protest Period: Lasting 24 hours, this period allows other owners to protest the trade publicly on the message board. Upon two posted protests, with logical reasoning, the trade shall enter the Trade Review Period. If two protests are not made within 24 hours, the trade is completed.
  • In the event that an owner is decided by committee vote to be unnecessarily protesting trades out of malice or for strategic gain, he will be assigned any punishment deemed necessary by the committee. Should the offending owner(s) be part of the committee, the vote shall consist of the remaining uninvolved owners, with the Commissioner carrying the tiebreaking vote.
  • Trade Review Period: The elected committee convenes to determine whether the trade is in the best interests of the league. Trades that are deemed exceedingly one-sided or collusive shall be denied. Reviews shall be completed by 11:59 PM PST of the day following the second protest of a trade, otherwise, the trade is completed.
  • It shall also be stressed that the committee’s purpose is to deny as few trades as necessary. We all find trading to be a fun and strategic part of fantasy baseball. However, we also want this league to succeed in the long run, and an owner that runs a team into the ground and leaves is creating a situation that is very difficult to come back from. Members of the CFTE agree to never vote to deny a trade for strategic purposes.
  • Current Committee Members: TheZenador, TheBiz, DocMilo

Miscellaneous:
  • Accidentally dropping players or accepting trades will be reversed as long as owner posts their mistake immediately following the mistake.
  • Please stay active. Minimum of weekly activity and obviously daily activity will make your team much better. Owners who only check in a couple times in a season will be replaced. If you will be gone for an extended period of time just let me know beforehand and there will be no problem.
  • Mariner Central will be the offseason home.
  • Last year's standings and rosters:

View Rosters:
Click here to view last seasons final rosters

:)

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
MC Dynasty Roster:

TheZenador - Brisingr
TheBiz - Inglorious Basterds
MajorMajor - Swingin Syringes
DocMilo - Vader is Still Good
jaybo24663 - Jaybo's Gigolos
hdboc - hdboc
Hotwheelz - Hotwheelz All-Starz
55panhead - 55pan
Idahomariner - Idahomariner
beatschool - BochteRockedMe
Schuxu - Schuxu
Cbo24663 - Cbo's Mashers
oysterfloyd - Agents of Fortune
danduke - Black Rose Immortal
phredmojo - espn sucks
baseballbond - Yankees264
Gomez - Undead Cat's Bounce
escubs - Oregon Ducks
dinobite - Bustinballsz
Dag Gummit - Gum Daggers

Edited by TheZenador, 04 April 2010 - 02:57 PM.

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts
Still need 2 more new owners for this, anyone know anybody?

danduke

danduke
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Still need 2 more new owners for this, anyone know anybody?

I'd like to join...

TheZenador

TheZenador
  • Members
  • 435 posts

I'd like to join...

Yep, you already posted so you'll be in. Will figure out teams once I can get the other two new owners.

danduke

danduke
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Yep, you already posted so you'll be in. Will figure out teams once I can get the other two new owners.

Oh, ok. I'll be sure to check back. Thanks

escubs

escubs
  • Members
  • 4 posts
i am back as an owner. Last year my team was the Oregon Ducks.

MajorMajor

MajorMajor
  • Members
  • 342 posts
The Biz trades Kyle Blanks, Gerardo Parra, Aaron Poreda, Michael Bowden

To SwinginSyringes for Clayton Kershaw
Adopt-a-Players: Jake "born to be" Wild

TheBiz

TheBiz
  • Members
  • 143 posts

The Biz trades Kyle Blanks, Gerardo Parra, Aaron Poreda, Michael Bowden

To SwinginSyringes for Clayton Kershaw

Confirmed. Good dealing Major.

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
I still miss my team. :( I had Jason Heyward, dang it.

MajorMajor

MajorMajor
  • Members
  • 342 posts
SwinginSyringes are calling up Buster Posey from their minor league roster.
Adopt-a-Players: Jake "born to be" Wild

Schuxu

Schuxu
  • Members
  • 2,227 posts
  • Interests:Baseball - Softball - Scoring
Eagerly awaiting the results of Spring Training and the fate of the Pineda!
GMF @ the Spot
MC Adoptee Denny Almonte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users