Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

2010 Mariner Central Casual League

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
2010 MCCL Fantasy Baseball

League Details

• This is a casual league, but active participation is requested.

• League format is head-to-head with standard 5x5 scoring and a live draft.

• The league ID & password will me PMed to those interested.

Rules & Guidelines

• Membership is open to all users on a first-come-first-serve basis. In order to join, please post a message in this thread stating that you're interested, and I'll PM you the league ID & password. Beginners are welcome.

• Roster activity is requested, but not required. If, for any reason, during the course of the season you cannot maintain your roster for an extended period of time, you may contact me so that I can adjust your roster for you during that time.

• Rule changes may be proposed to the league by any player in this thread only. League participants will then vote on the proposed rule change. If the proposal receives a one-half (50%) majority vote in favor, it will go into effect. Non-votes count at negative votes.

• If 16 or more players sign up for the league, playoffs will consist of eight teams instead of the standard six.

• Any rules not specified above are set to the Yahoo! defaults.

Live Draft: Saturday, March 27th @ 1:00 PM (PST)

This post may be updated with any rule changes or adjustments that occur between now and the end of the season. If anybody has any questions or concerns about this league, please feel free to post them here in this thread or contact me directly.

Your commissioner, Zeroset
Yahoo ID: floorchalk
E-mail: zeroset(a)comcast.net

Edited by Zeroset, 10 February 2010 - 01:06 PM.

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 838 posts
Don't tell me I'm the first one!
AAP Time:
Nick Franklin & Brad Miller - I'm calling it. By the time they retire, this graduated duo will break the MLB record for the most Double Plays turned as a team. That's what coming up together and being awesome together for your entire careers on the same team will do for ya.

Roenis Elias - LH SP that has thus passed his first "rough-road ahead" sniff test -- get AA hitters out with meh stuff. He isn't electric, but he's certainly interesting enough to keep an eye on and follow because he's only gotten better results while climbing the ladder.

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
You're in... but you're not the first. :lol:

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 838 posts

You're in... but you're not the first. :bag:

Apparently not! :)
AAP Time:
Nick Franklin & Brad Miller - I'm calling it. By the time they retire, this graduated duo will break the MLB record for the most Double Plays turned as a team. That's what coming up together and being awesome together for your entire careers on the same team will do for ya.

Roenis Elias - LH SP that has thus passed his first "rough-road ahead" sniff test -- get AA hitters out with meh stuff. He isn't electric, but he's certainly interesting enough to keep an eye on and follow because he's only gotten better results while climbing the ladder.

CrustyJuggler

CrustyJuggler
  • Members
  • 2,256 posts
Too bad this is a casual league or I'd join in a second. I CAN'T STAND casual fantasy leagues. "Casual" is one slippery step away from neglect. A couple of neglectful owners takes all the fun out it.

C'mon Zeroset, make it a hardcore league! :D This place needs another competitive league anyway.

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
There's already two competitive leagues run by TheZenador, and I don't mean to take any attention away from them. Besides, I won't have the time/dedication to police a competitive league anyway. The MCCL has been a success in years past, and it's just for fun.

I do get what you're saying, but I also want people to be able to join without the pressure of having to maintain their roster every day... especially for beginners trying fantasy baseball out for the first time. Gotta bring in new recruits somehow, right? :D

Edited by Zeroset, 13 February 2010 - 11:41 AM.

mazono

mazono
  • Members
  • 164 posts
I would like to join. That is if it is ok if I miss two months end may to the end of July do to work in AK. I am pretty active except for those months because I don't have internet access.
Gone Fishing Be back for deer season

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests

I would like to join. That is if it is ok if I miss two months end may to the end of July do to work in AK. I am pretty active except for those months because I don't have internet access.

You're in, and not a problem. I can maintain your roster during those two months. I would not do any transactions (adds/drops/trades), but only rotate in/out your active and inactive players for you. Then when you get back it would be all yours again.

bkafflen

bkafflen
  • Members
  • 353 posts
Zero,

I'm on this league if I don't make the keeper league. Thanks!

Brandon

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
Trying to keep up with team names as people join. Who is The Rockers?

Lakay

Lakay
  • Members
  • 1,051 posts
I am in - the Greenhorn. Please be gentle with a newbie.
Adopt-A-Player
Jharmidy De Jesus
Position: Infielder
Birthplace: Bani, Dominican Republic DOB: 1989/08/30
Height: 6'3" Weight: 185 lbs
Bats: R Throws: R
-----------------------------------
Daniel Cortes
Starting Pitcher (RHP)
Birthplace: Pomona, CA DOB: 1987/03/04
Height: 6'6" Weight: 215 lbs

The guy we got for Yuni!
Drafted 7th round in 2005 MLB Amateur Draft by CWS
Julio Morban
Position: Outfielder (CF)
Birthplace: San Cristobal, Dominican Republic DOB: 1992/02/13
Height: 6'1" Weight: 190 lbs
Bats: L Throws: L

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
Up to four teams now :o . Slowly building, on a good pace to make at least 10 teams.

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
My brother will be here soon. =)

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
Only four teams so far... gotta get to at least ten, right? :)

KingCorran

KingCorran
  • Members
  • 2,230 posts
Might wanna try another post in the main forum, and ask Lonnie to tag it for now.

I think my brother will be coming. I'll check and see what's up with him.

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
The MCCL fantasy baseball league kicks off in two weeks! Everybody and anybody's welcome to participate. We only have four teams so far... looking for at least eight before the draft. Beginners and experienced owners all welcome. Only thing asked is that you do your best to stay active throughout the year. :cpoint:

Live draft will be Saturday, the 27th at 1:00 PM (PST)! B)

Edited by Zeroset, 22 March 2010 - 02:14 PM.

Dag Gummit

Dag Gummit
  • Members
  • 838 posts
Is there any update on the progress of things, Zero? I was just looking at the league and I can't help but feel that there aren't anywhere near enough teams to pull it off, unless a rabbit suddenly pops out of a hat.

If we can't get anything rolling to start of the season, perhaps we could aim for a mid-season league or something? I honestly don't have a clue at all the settings available...
AAP Time:

Lakay

Lakay
  • Members
  • 1,051 posts
We have to set the deadline for the sign-up. If we can't get 10 teams (?) by a certain date, we have to (sadly) dissolve the league.
Adopt-A-Player
Jharmidy De Jesus
Position: Infielder
Birthplace: Bani, Dominican Republic DOB: 1989/08/30
Height: 6'3" Weight: 185 lbs
Bats: R Throws: R
Daniel Cortes
Starting Pitcher (RHP)
Birthplace: Pomona, CA DOB: 1987/03/04
Height: 6'6" Weight: 215 lbs

The guy we got for Yuni!
Drafted 7th round in 2005 MLB Amateur Draft by CWS
Julio Morban
Position: Outfielder (CF)
Birthplace: San Cristobal, Dominican Republic DOB: 1992/02/13
Height: 6'1" Weight: 190 lbs
Bats: L Throws: L

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
It's looking like the league might fold. I was hoping for at least 8-10 teams. Deadline for sign-ups will be this Saturday. I'll bump the thread in the main forum one more time, though.

Guest_Zeroset_*

Guest_Zeroset_*
  • Guests
Bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users