Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NFL Playoffs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,756 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.
Who do you root for?

Personally I hate the Colts, what they did against the Jets in week #16 wasn't very professional, and referees always favor them (every pass Manning doesn't complete must be an interference), so it may come down to haunt them (hopefully).

As for the NFC both teams play great offense, but the Vikings play good defense too (besides, they are purple!!!).

So I'm rooting for a Vikings - Jets SuperBowl, but I would be happy if at least the Colts don't get there.

What do you think?
2013 Mariners MVP (Last Update: July 31)
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

Schuxu

Schuxu
  • Members
  • 2,224 posts
  • Interests:Baseball - Softball - Scoring
:lol: Colts - Saints

I really start to appreciate watching Manning, he is just the best and most efficient QB I got to see in my lifetime. Also I kind of dislike the Jets and Mark Sanchez.

I also like the Saints and their whole story since the Catrina. But more then that, being a Lions fan I really dislkie the Vikings and especially Favre!

Wouldn't mind a Jets - Saints SB as much as a Colts - Vikings one.
GMF @ the Spot
MC Adoptee Denny Almonte

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,281 posts
I hate Manning the Endorsement Whore and I hate the J-E-T-S

I'll root for whichever NFC team makes it to the SB.
Adopt-a-Players:
Forrest Snow - Suspended for the first 50 games of the season. (Come on, Forrest. Just because it's legal in Washington...)
No invite to Spring Training. Not assigned to any team. Contract still owned by the M's, but effectively out of baseball for now.
2013 AAA/AA: 5-5, 2.96 ERA, 84 K, 28 BB, 1.085 WHIP
2012 AAA/AA: 5-9, 6.35 ERA, 99K, 67 BB, 1.674 WHIP

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):
Eric Thames - took his MLB .250/.296/.431/.727 and MiLB .305/.383/.508/.892 statlines and went to play in Korea.
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball.
Mike Morse - Now playing for the Giants.
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a regional scout for the Cards.

Updated: 04/02/2014

JOlderdude

JOlderdude
  • Members
  • 2,499 posts
I heard that, after the Vikings victory over the Cowboys, Favre called a press conference to announce he wasn't going to do a post game interview. Shortly thereafter he called another press conference to say he decided to do the interview after all. Then he met with the interviewer and her crew behind closed doors and promised to give it everything he had and that he wouldn't be a distraction.

:lol:

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre
  • Home Run Boosters
  • 6,152 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
Viks vs Saints & Colts vs Jets.

Some interesting stories that could develop. The Viks and Fabre vs the Jets in the Super Bowl ? Fabre vs his old team.

The Saints post Hurricane Katrina. Reggie Bush could be the MVP of the Super Bowl at the same time the NCAA announces action against the USC Football Program.

Three of the four teams play home games indoors.

Fabre and the Viks vs Manning and the Colts. Two of the best QB's of all time.

The Colts could lose to a team (da Jets) in the AFC Championship Game that they could have knocked out of the playoffs a few weeks back during the regular season.

With the Super Bowl in Miami, if the Jets go there, there will be a ton of Jets fans there. You don't have to get a room - just stay with family.

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players:

Victor "Filthy" Sanchez @ AA Jackson
DJ Petterson @ A High Desert
Luis Liberato @ Everett or Pulaski ?

Former adopt-a-players:

Mike Zunino - In the show
Tom "Clear Head" Wilhelmsen -  In the show
Johan Limonta - AA San Antonio of the Padres System

Greg Halman RIP

victorsanchez.jpg
Victor "Filthy" Sanchez

grande o vete a casa !

Ken Levine Blog

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/

Logger Up !

http://s-caf.org/Oso...e_Donations.php

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre
  • Home Run Boosters
  • 6,152 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en
Just a note. I caught Dave Sims on Fox Radio today and he went out on a line and predicted a high scoring affair in the Saints - Vikings.

7-7 with 6:30 left in the first quarter.

Edited by senior octobre, 24 January 2010 - 04:03 PM.

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players:

Victor "Filthy" Sanchez @ AA Jackson
DJ Petterson @ A High Desert
Luis Liberato @ Everett or Pulaski ?

Former adopt-a-players:

Mike Zunino - In the show
Tom "Clear Head" Wilhelmsen -  In the show
Johan Limonta - AA San Antonio of the Padres System

Greg Halman RIP

victorsanchez.jpg
Victor "Filthy" Sanchez

grande o vete a casa !

Ken Levine Blog

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/

Logger Up !

http://s-caf.org/Oso...e_Donations.php

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,693 posts
I was rooting for the Super Bowl to be "the kid" vs. "the old man"....

oh well, still rooting for the Vikes and hoping they win it all and that Brett FINALLY retires.

TopCat

TopCat

The Immovable Object

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Interests:Disorderliness, Unruliness, Hotheadedness, Intractableness, and just an all around swell guy to be with!

oh well, still rooting for the Vikes and hoping they win it all and that Brett FINALLY retires.

Well, the Vikes were their own worst enemy. Too many turnovers.

The weird thing is though, I still think they got boned on that last drive by the officials.

6e2ovq.jpg

Too soon?

JOlderdude

JOlderdude
  • Members
  • 2,499 posts

I'm sure he'll retire several times before the start of next season. :lol:

Pirata Morado

Pirata Morado
  • Members
  • 8,756 posts
  • Interests:Statistics, Theatre, Alan Parsons music, Astronomy, and of course, Mariners Baseball.

Well, the Vikes were their own worst enemy. Too many turnovers.

The weird thing is though, I still think they got boned on that last drive by the officials.

I just hate badly officiated games, specially when so much is at stake.

First the 3rd Saints TD clearly was not a TD, those kind of plays shouldn't be red flag reviewable, they should be ALWAYS reviewable, that's 6 points there, perhaps a moot point since almost surely the Saints would had scored anyway.

But on that overtime drive, first the 4th down conversion, was never conclusive that he crossed the 1st down marker. Then the catch that seems to touch the ground, crucial 10 yards there. Seemed like all the calls were going to go to the local team.

Yes the Vikings killed themselves with so many fumbles, but still I hate when the referees have so many bad calls.
2013 Mariners MVP (Last Update: July 31)
Batting WPA
Pitching WPA
ERACI Analysis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users