Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Thanks for the memories, Mike

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Holmgren declines Seahawks offer...

December 19, 2009

Seahawks Statement Regarding Mike Holmgren RENTON, WASH. - The Seattle Seahawks announced today that discussions took place over the weekend with Mike Holmgren regarding a senior leadership position.

"Two weeks ago we announced we would use the balance of the season to conduct an audit of our football team," said Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke. "We believe our work will ultimately lead us to both an effective structure and leadership for the Seahawks."

"While that process is ongoing, we also were aware of Mike Holmgren's recent interview and associated time pressures and met with Mike over the weekend. After a series of respectful discussions, Mike has declined our offer to rejoin the team given the structure we proposed," said Leiweke. "We hold Mike in high regard and wish the Holmgren family the very best with their new horizons."

"I sincerely thank Paul Allen and Tod for all their support over the years" said Holmgren. "I thank them for reaching out to me and we conclude these discussions as friends."

:D

Justin

Justin
  • Members
  • 194 posts
Don't know why he wants to go to Cleveland, but I'm sure he can turn them around.

kevin_ess

kevin_ess
  • Flounder
  • 3,061 posts
To be honest, I'm kind of glad. Mora and Hasselbeck are not the answer, and we need a GM who is both going to be aggressive with a young QB who can lead and not run scared in the pocket, and a love for bloodthirsty killers on both the defensive and offensive lines. We've been too small in the latter two categories for far too long.

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Yeah, it's obvious that it's time for serious change.... I'm just a bit melancholy (not unlike when Lou left).
Maybe the Hawks will come up with an unknown star like Jack Z to run the show.

In any case, as I was getting ready to go to the game today and wondering how I was going to be motivated to scream my head off during the last game of such a hugely disappointing season, a bit of news came along that will definitely help....

the 12th Man Flag will be raised today by none other than Ken Griffey, Jr.

Goodbye grid iron, hurry up diamond

:cpoint:

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Well, as feared, Junior's flag raising was the highlight of the afternoon at Qwest.
Got this tweet as I was exiting the stadium after the game...

shannondrayer
Enough of that. 45 days til pitchers and catchers report!
about 6 hours ago from web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users