Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Small Business Shout-Outs

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?
Hiya kiddies,

As some of you may know, I am a small business owner. Actually, I own a couple of micro-businesses and one small business, but that's just details. My main business is photography/videography, but I also build low-budget websites, provide lighting to small music gigs, and I also do recording. One of the hardest things for a small business is getting their names out to the public. Advertising for a small business is usually wasted money compared to good old word of mouth.

Back when I took over this site I came up with the idea of creating a small area for the purpose of promoting the small business owners who are members of this site. Further, anyone who has used a small business and wants to recommend them can also do so. In this economy it is crucial that small businesses stay afloat!

So, here's everyone's chance to help out the small businesses in the greater Seattle area. Please provide the name of the business, the type of service they provide, and contact information.

Lonnie

kevin_ess

kevin_ess
  • Flounder
  • 3,061 posts
Tsurumi Records, LLC
Independent record label
Rock/punk/experimental/and also a couple of Japanese bands that kick butt.
We press vinyl and CD
info@tsurumirecords.com
http://www.tsurumirecords.com
Listen at http://www.myspace.com/tsurumirecords
All current albums set to release in mid-March. Pre-orders welcome.

Over 350 radio stations will be playing our records beginning in March with more to come. National and Japanese distribution is available.
We are available for interview or any questions.

DannyCore

DannyCore
  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Seattle Sports Scene, Fishing, xbox 360, outdoors stuff, nachos.

Hiya kiddies,

As some of you may know, I am a small business owner. Actually, I own a couple of micro-businesses and one small business, but that's just details. My main business is photography/videography, but I also build low-budget websites, provide lighting to small music gigs, and I also do recording. One of the hardest things for a small business is getting their names out to the public. Advertising for a small business is usually wasted money compared to good old word of mouth.

Back when I took over this site I came up with the idea of creating a small area for the purpose of promoting the small business owners who are members of this site. Further, anyone who has used a small business and wants to recommend them can also do so. In this economy it is crucial that small businesses stay afloat!

So, here's everyone's chance to help out the small businesses in the greater Seattle area. Please provide the name of the business, the type of service they provide, and contact information.

Lonnie

Do you do weddings?
"If you can see me, then the end is near." The Great Dannycore states a fact. Do not compete with him, because he has already won.

Official Bring Back Arod petition:
1.Dannycore
2.KingCorran

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Do you do weddings?

Yes, but there is one big problem. I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. If that isn't an issue, then heck yes!

Lonnie

Huindekmi

Huindekmi

Muppet Extraordinaire!

• Line Drive Boosters
  • 5,499 posts
Colorado Springs is a great place to get married, Danny. Think about it. :blush:

Adopt-a-Players:
*new* Alex Jackson - Welcome aboard, AJaxx!

2014 Hitting .289/.333/.500/.833 in Peoria.

Forrest Snow - Working as a swingman and spot-starter for Tacoma.
2014 AAA/AA: 2-3, 2.35 ERA, 46 K, 12 BB, 1.065 WHIP - more to come!
2013 AAA/AA: 5-5, 2.96 ERA, 84 K, 28 BB, 1.085 WHIP

2012 AAA/AA: 5-9, 6.35 ERA, 99K, 67 BB, 1.674 WHIP

Gone But Not Forgotten (former adopt-a-players):
Eric Thames - Hitting .336/.423/.645/1.068 in Korea (304 plate appearances).
Matt Mangini - Out of baseball. Assistant coach for a high school.
Mike Morse - Hitting .273/.325/.472/.796 for the Giants. (sure would look good as our DH about now)
Jamal Strong - Let go after 2005. Played in the Yankees, Cubs and Braves systems. Now a regional scout for the Cards.

Updated: 06/27/2014

kevin_ess

kevin_ess
  • Flounder
  • 3,061 posts
Color me surprised more people haven't reponded to this thread. Well, I've got out forum up at my site (the site should go live withing a couple of days, but the forum is up and running). I urge you music lovers to help me by logging on and talking music!

Go here.

MtGrizzly

MtGrizzly
  • Members
  • 4,792 posts
My business doesn't really fit and I'm a rebel so to heck with it. I present a business that I have nothing to do with other than being a customer. One of the truly great small businesses of Seattle:

Ebbets Field Flannels

Ebbets Field Flannels is the only company that can offer you individual historically-accurate handcrafted flannel baseball jerseys. We have drawn upon our vintage uniform expertise, as well as our many years of research to bring you this searchable database of authentic flannel jerseys. Just click a link on the left to start searching now.

Four Ways To Search

1. With a keyword (team name)
2. By Team
3. By Category
4. By Player

If you love the history of baseball and have some extra scratch, do yourself a favor get one of their flannel jerseys. They are darn near works of art that you will only wear on special occasions.
You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the goddamn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. ~Earl Weaver

=============================

phredmojo

phredmojo

Curmudgeon

• Members
  • 2,720 posts
WTH.

JBJ Construction LLC
general contractor

specializing in carpet, vynyl, tile/stone, laminate counters, laminate floor & pre finished hardwood installations. can also do trim carpentry, decks

whatcom county, willing to do jobs in skagit (or farther in this economy lol)
fredmojo@comcast.net
RIP Ichidman51............say hello to wildman and Ray_Oyler_fan...you will be missed my friend

Leo Gomez

Leo Gomez
  • Members
  • 1,673 posts
If anyone ever makes their way down to the Vancouver, WA area, I'd suggest hitting up Twilight Pizza Bistro in downtown Camas. Best gourmet pizza I've ever had, by far, and I've had a lot of pizza :thumbup:

Go Cougs.

Run, Leo, Run.

@thesd

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

Everett Booster Extrodinaire!

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
  • Interests:el médico está en

If anyone ever makes their way down to the Vancouver, WA area, I'd suggest hitting up Twilight Pizza Bistro in downtown Camas. Best gourmet pizza I've ever had, by far, and I've had a lot of pizza :o

speaking of Pizza !

if anyone heads up North for an Aqua Sox game, check out Brooklyn Brothers Pizza. NY style pizza.

"Best pizza West of the Hudson"

"FAHGEDDABOUDIT!"

Brooklyn Brothers Website

heraldnet story

1919 Hewitt Ave, Everett, WA 98201

Brooklyn Brothers is about eight blocks North of the Ballpark and just a block off Broadway.

Edit: I went to Brooklyn Brothers a couple of weeks ago and the pizza was really greasy. I hope this is a one time thing.

Edited by senior octobre, 30 April 2010 - 12:02 PM.

Mariner Central Adopt-A-Players: 

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

http://compassrosy.com/<p> 

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
One of my favorite spots when i'm in the Rainier Valley area is Willie's Taste of Soul. Myself and dear old dad have went to Willie's many times.. Willie's Taste of Soul for years was up on Beacon Avenue South & South Graham Street. The past few years Willies is located at 3427 Rainier Avenue South, Seattle.

Willie's Taste of Soul

reviews of Willie's

most of the review don't mention the cakes. I love the lemon cake, but usually I don't have room left for cake after eating ribs.

Edit: as one review stated, Willie's BBQ is Louisiana Style. If you are expecting Kansas City or other styles, this isn't it. Not to say that it makes Willie's bad, but it's just different. Bring your bib.

Edited by senior octobre, 30 April 2010 - 09:18 AM.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
One of my favorite restaurants in the Seattle area is Pho Vietnam. It's small only about 10 tables but it's family run and the soup (pho) is awesome. I usually get the chicken Pho (pho ga) and the ice coffee. I like pho because it's broth-ie and the ingredients are fresh. It's great on a cold rainy Seattle day. The prices are good here and the owners are very nice. I didn't realize it but they have a second location in the U-District at 4235 U-Way NE.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
A great place for breakfast is Voula's Offshore Cafe. The
menu is Greek influenced breakfast dishes. My favorite is The Hobo or The Greek Hobo. The Smokie The Salmon is a breakfast scrambled with in house smoked Alaska King Salmon. Everything is good. The give you a ton of food. If you can't eat like you used to go with a friend and order a dish and get an extra plate for a couple of bucks. The place gets crowded so get there early and don't tell your cardiologist. It's down under the I-5 bridge just North of the Ship Canel, a couple of Blocks from Ivar's Salmon House.

Voula's Offshore Cafe
658 Northeast Northlake Way
seattle, WA 98105
(206) 634-0183

Edited by senior octobre, 28 April 2010 - 05:17 PM.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
Slim's Last Chance Chili Shack and Watering Hole (21 and over) is like a lemonade stand in the middle of the desert. It's right in the middle of the Boeing/Industrial Area that is full of warehouses and the like. Hence the name last chance, I guess.

While driving, I usually take East Marginal Way because it leads to the viaduct but on one occasion I decided to take 1st Avenue South. Slims is less then a mile North of the "Y" that 1st S and East Marginal make down by the 1st South Bridge. I believe on Slim's location there used to a restaurant there for years, which I cannot remember the name. Mostly a diner, I think. I've been to Slim's three times and I always order the Chili Verde and the Corn Bread, although the Texas Red and the Turkey with White Beans look very good. I'm a big Chili Verde fan, particularly when it is good and they do a good job with it. I've only been there during the day, but I understand they have live music at night. menu

Slim's Last Chance
5605 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA

206-762-7900
M-F 11:00 - Midnight
Saturday Noon - 2"00am
Closed Sunday

Edit: visiting safeco thread - Dr Naka

Edited by senior octobre, 03 May 2010 - 06:23 AM.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,825 posts

Slim's Last Chance Chili Shack and Watering Hole (21 and over) is like a lemonade stand in the middle of the desert. It's right in the middle of the Boeing/Industrial Area that is full of warehouses and the like. Hence the name last chance, I guess.

While driving, I usually take East Marginal Way because it leads to the viaduct but on one occasion I decided to take 1st Avenue South. Slims is less then a mile North of the "Y" that 1st S and East Marginal make down by the 1st South Bridge. I believe on Slim's location there used to a restaurant there for years, which I cannot remember the name. Mostly a diner, I think. I've been to Slim's three times and I always order the Chili Verde and the Corn Bread, although the Texas Red and the Turkey with White Beans look very good. I'm a big Chili Verde fan, particularly when it is good and they do a good job with it. I've only been there during the day, but I understand they have live music at night. menu

Slim's Last Chance
5605 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA

206-762-7900
M-F 11:00 - Midnight
Saturday Noon - 2"00am
Closed Sunday

This is really good stuff you are putting up Senior! Keep it up!

Lonnie

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts

One of my favorite restaurants in the Seattle area is Pho Vietnam. It's small only about 10 tables but it's family run and the soup (pho) is awesome. I usually get the chicken Pho (pho ga) and the ice coffee. I like pho because it's broth-ie and the ingredients are fresh. It's great on a cold rainy Seattle day. The prices are good here and the owners are very nice. I didn't realize it but they have a second location in the U-District at 4235 U-Way NE.

A follow up on the Pho idea. Just opening in April is Pho Mai Noodles, 5129 Evergreen Way, Suite A, Everett, WA 98203. Formerly a grocery store at this location, then a sushi joint and finally a buffet most recently. I like the way Pho Mai Noodles opened things up. What was a darker closed off type restaurant now has floor to ceiling windows all the way around (it sits in the corner of the mall) so two sides are open which lets light in. Hardwood floors, modern tables and chairs. comfortable.

I ordered the Pho Tai (eye round steak) large. The large was way bigger then any larges that I've had anywhere and they even offer an extra large ! The broth has great taste. They offer the usual varieties and sizes. A small is ($4.95), medium ($5.75), large ($6.25) and extra large is ($6.95). Appetizers are egg rolls, spring rolls, shrimp rolls, pork skewers, shrimp wrapped around sugarcane and pork patties. Pho Mai have five rice dishes, five noodle dishes and ice coffee, tea and coconut water with fresh coconuts.

There is plenty of parking and they give the biggest creme puffs I've ever ate ! I walked in a little after 10am and they were open. I don't know, but I imagine they are open until 9:00pm. It could be great before an Aqua Sox game if you don't want the ballpark food. About 5 to 10 minutes away from the Aqua Sox Stadium.

Pho Mai Noodles
5129 Evergreen Way, Suite A
Everett, WA 98203

Edited by senior octobre, 03 May 2010 - 10:26 AM.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
I usually try to avoid the town of Snohomish because of the traffic and It's like a tourist trap with all the antique stores in the area. When I do go there I usually stop downtown in the old part of Snohomish. I ate at The BBQ Shack. My first time and I ordered the pork sandwich ($6.95) which includes a side of your choice. My side choice was the baked beans. The BBQ shack gives you a nice portion on the sides. So many of the BBQ joints around are really getting skimpy with the side portions only giving like 3 ounces. The pork sandwich was thick and on a nice bun. It could have had more heat (spicy) for my taste but it had good flavor. All in all it was good. I think they could have added another side to it and kept it under ten bucks, but what do I know.

Interesting story on the opening of the BBQ shack and it's pigs:
komo news

bbq shack story

address

BBQ Shack
130 Avenue D
Snohomish, WA 98290-2743
(360) 568-7222

Edited by senior octobre, 25 May 2010 - 02:58 PM.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts
I went to Bobby Hawaiian's Restaurant in downtown Everett, Washington. I tried the Kalua Pig $7.95 (Oven Roasted Pork). It was great. moist. flavorful, juicy. The place smells so good.

The menu is pretty big. It would take you several trips to try everything. The location is about 10 blocks North from where the Aqua Sox play.

menu

reviews

Bobby's Hawaiian Style Restaurant
1011 Hewitt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Phone: 425.259.1338

Someone sent me a Personal Message and wondered what sort of training or cooking skills that I have that qualifies me as a food critic. I think food critic is not a good name for me. I'm just a fan of good food. I enjoy the neighborhood restaurants, the little out of the way places that might be a secret to the masses. The little hole in the walls that serve up good home style food. I have no formal training in cooking although I love to cook. I try my best to try new dishes, but I screw up some of the time. Anyway, all I know is what I like. That's it.

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

topher65

topher65

Drinks beer... Lives in Hawaii... I hate him...

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

I went to Bobby Hawaiian's Restaurant in downtown Everett, Washington. I tried the Kalua Pig $7.95 (Oven Roasted Pork). It was great. moist. flavorful, juicy. The place smells so good.

The menu is pretty big. It would take you several trips to try everything. The location is about 10 blocks North from where the Aqua Sox play.

menu

reviews

Bobby's Hawaiian Style Restaurant
1011 Hewitt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Phone: 425.259.1338

Someone sent me a Personal Message and wondered what sort of training or cooking skills that I have that qualifies me as a food critic. I think food critic is not a good name for me. I'm just a fan of good food. I enjoy the neighborhood restaurants, the little out of the way places that might be a secret to the masses. The little hole in the walls that serve up good home style food. I have no formal training in cooking although I love to cook. I try my best to try new dishes, but I screw up some of the time. Anyway, all I know is what I like. That's it.

I can speak as a hawaiian food critic....trust me. Whenever I am home I make sure to go see Auntie and Uncle Bobby. The food is 'ono or broke da mouth as we would say here. They really do an awesome job with the Kalua pig in the oven and not in the ground. Plus...gonna sound wierd..but order their fried fish sometime or get the bento...their homemade tarter sauce is awesome.

Go patronize an awesome business! I know they sometime's have live music....call them up....ask them.
I got a full slate of Hawaiian adopt-a-sons......and 2 happen to be catchers on the same team!!

Starting off with:

Charles Ka'alekahi - Currently a starting pitcher with the Clinton Lumber Kings.
3 wins and 1 loss on the season with a 4.85 ERA, 26 IP, 20 SO vs. 12BB

Next is the catching duo with the Everett Aquasox:

Christian (Keanu) Carmichael - Catcher
.302 AVG, .362 OBP, .434 SLG, .796 OPS, 4 doubles and 1 HR, 2 RBI

Carlton Tanabe - Catcher
Everett Stats: .261 AVG, .306 OBP, .348 SLG, .654 OPS, 2 doubles 1 HR, 5 RBI

Señor Octobre

Señor Octobre

• Home Run Boosters
  • 7,031 posts

I can speak as a hawaiian food critic....trust me. Whenever I am home I make sure to go see Auntie and Uncle Bobby. The food is 'ono or broke da mouth as we would say here. They really do an awesome job with the Kalua pig in the oven and not in the ground. Plus...gonna sound wierd..but order their fried fish sometime or get the bento...their homemade tarter sauce is awesome.

Go patronize an awesome business! I know they sometime's have live music....call them up....ask them.

thanks for the reply tophers65'. This is your family in business ? That's great !

DJ Petterson
Victor Sanchez
Luis Liberato

Greg Halman RIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users