Welcome to Mariner Central
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yankee Yuck

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Here's a post from the LoHud Yankees forum (during the game the M's would eventually win 7-4, via Cliff's 3 straight CG)....

Why is MLB Extra Innings showing the SEA feed? These announcers are horrible. They donít even sound like professionals.

I guess she's never heard Sterling's "A-bomb", Teix-Message", "Swish-a-licious", etc., etc., etc.,

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :(

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Rangers turn SIX double-plays on the Yanks

Texas tied an AL record by turning six double plays and the Rangers picked up where they left off last October, beating the Yankees 5-3 Friday night.

The first six hitters in the New York lineup bounced into DPs -- Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter, Andruw Jones and Nick Swisher.

"We needed some good things to happen," Texas manager Ron Washington said, "and those double plays were good." The teams played for the first time since Texas battered the Yankees to win last year's AL Championship Series in six games. The Rangers won this time with pitching, thanks to Harrison (3-0) and his sure-handed fielders on a chilly, windy evening.

Yeah, I know the Yanks are still in first place and they have hit 15 more home runs and scored 17 more times than the M's (in two less games).
But, I'll take my schadenfreude whenever and where ever I can get it :hypocrite:

Edited by lisa mariner, 15 April 2011 - 09:33 PM.

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
After the Yanks lost in a 3-hit shutout to the White Sox (the first Yankee hit of which didn't come until the 7th inning) Raffy had an interesting comment regarding a pop up in the 9th...

LoHud Yankees blog

Play that mattered was the leadoff single, a routine popup that landed just behind the mound. Rafael Soriano pointed to it but never went after it. Derek Jeter charged, but couldn’t get there. It’s not unusual for a pitcher to defer to infielders on a play like that, and both Jeter and Russell Martin called it a ball that just happened to be hit to the right spot. Martin said it was, “just high enough for the pitcher to think an infielder was going to get there.”

“I don’t think Jeet could have got to it,” Girardi said. “I don’t think (Alex Rodriguez) could have. We encourage our pitchers to go after it, and sometimes pitchers just don’t. It’s on the other side of the ball. It’s a pretty well placed soft popup. Sori is probably the only guy that could have got it, and I’m not sure he would have got it either.”

Said Soriano: “You think that I could catch that? I don’t think so. I thought somebody would be there. I thought Jeter or Alex was going to catch it. It happens. We’ll be fine. Come back and get the ground ball double play. I’m fine with that.”

methinks Yank fans will be none to happy with that attitude :whistling:

Edited by lisa mariner, 25 April 2011 - 09:07 PM.

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Now, THIS is the type of inning from Yanks pitching and defense that brings me joy....

Ivan Nova pitching:
Eric Hosmer : Hosmer homered to right.
Wilson Betemit : Strike looking, Ball, Foul, Ball, Betemit singled to right.
Matt Treanor : Treanor safe at first on 2nd baseman Cano throwing error, Betemit to second.
Alcides Escobar : Betemit to third, Treanor to second on passed ball, Ball, Strike looking, Foul, Escobar grounded out to third.
Mike Aviles : Ball, Ball, Ball, Strike looking, Strike swinging, Aviles reached on an infield single, Betemit scored, Treanor to third.
Melky Cabrera : Strike looking, Foul, Cabrera doubled to left, Treanor scored, Aviles to third.
Alex Gordon : Foul, Ball, Ball, Aviles scored, Cabrera to third on Cervelli throwing error, Ball, Gordon walked.
Billy Butler : Foul, Butler grounded out to pitcher, Cabrera scored, Gordon to second.
Jeff Francoeur : Francoeur singled to right, Gordon scored, Francoeur to second.
Eric Hosmer : Strike looking, Hosmer lined out to right.
End of Inning (6 Runs, 5 Hits, 2 Errors)

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Welcome to the 2012 season, Yanks!

:bal: 3-0

:tam: 3-0

:tor: 2-1

:bos: 0-3

:nyy: 0-3

Just enjoying the view while it lasts :wub:

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Read this comment from a Yankee fan on LoHud...

Here is hoping that Ichiro, Kurado, Pettite, Hughes, Swisher, Granderson, Chavez and McGhee all come back next year!

It sort of made me smile because, as a NON-Yankee fan, I kinda hope this as well :hypocrite:

True that there have been some surprising performances from some of their aging players but, Father Time catches up to everyone eventually.

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Back on August 13-15, the Yanks won the first three games of a four game series with the Rangers in NY...
they have now gone 27 days without winning consecutive games.

I realize they will now likely go undefeated the rest of the season but, hey, it's the chance I take with schadenfreude :)

Edited by lisa mariner, 12 September 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Lonnie

Lonnie

Demi-God... In Training.

• Dionysus
  • 11,822 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Beer, Wine, Whiskey, and Wine.. Did I say Wine? Oh, baseball! Gotta have some baseball! And Football!!! Wow, where did I put my glass of wine?

Back on August 13-15, the Yanks won the first three games of a four game series with the Rangers in NY...
they have now gone 27 days without winning consecutive games.

I realize they will now likely go undefeated the rest of the season but, hey, it's the chance I take with schadenfreude :)

I'm right there with ya, Rosie!

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Where oh where would the Yanks be without their old, ex-M's?

If there was such a thing as the ALDS MVP, methinks the name would have 7 U's

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Hmmmm... Seems the M's aren't the only team with ownership change rumor floating about...

http://m.espn.go.com...69&city=newyork

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,692 posts
Makes sense to me. The news media guy I hate the most buys the team I hate the most. What could be more appropriate?

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
Cashman livid . . . | ESPN.com

ďYou know what, when the Yankees want to announce something, [we will],Ē Cashman told ESPN New York. ďAlex should just shut the fó up. Thatís it. Iím going to call Alex now.Ē

lisa mariner

lisa mariner

Compass Rosy

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

The Yankees lost to the White Sox tonight . . .

In a game in which Hector Noesi started.

tee.hee.

Vidya

Vidya

Tacoma Aroma Homa

• Members
  • 11,692 posts

Toronto is making a move in the AL East and the Yankees are having a tough enough time catching the Orioles. It doesn't look good for them getting to the postseason, but with Boston and Tampa Bay tanking so badly, they do have the advantage of playing in a weak division. Who would ever imagine the day when the AL Central is the dominant division in MLB, and the AL East the weakest? That day is now here.

With the Mariners poised to make a move of their own, Cano is starting to look very smart. The hardest part for Yankee fans will be admitting that Cano was right to leave a sinking ship.

Edited by Vidya, 24 May 2014 - 09:47 AM.

My 2014 AAP's:
James Jones, Rainiers outfielder extraordinaire.

Ji-Man Choi, Rainiers slugging first baseman.

Carson Smith, Rainiers bullpen.

Logan Kensing, Rainiers bullpen.

Jesus Montero, trimmed down and ready to go.

Sorry, Ji-Man, but really? Maybe when you get off the restricted list, Montero will have been promoted. 

Carson is doing a fine job, but Logan has been dominant and deserves recognition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users